Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Veterans walk out of meeting with AOC.

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Btw, find me a newspaper article from 1971 that reports on a liquor store being robbed. Go see how many articles you can find. Using your Kunt logic, there must not have been any liquor store robberies in 1971.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gwad said:

“She knocks the country, she knocks the president. And that’s not what America is about,” said Silvio Mazzella

Silvio only likes it when Trump is doing handicap gestures at the podium.

Trump never did that, you brainwashed dumb fuck.
  • Options

DJDuck said:

Yea they’re just creeps because You can invent narratives to advance your agenda. I think you may be denigrating veterans without any knowledge about them. But hell libs do it all the time.

Let’s mark ..........Harfly Clothed down as AOC supporter and her disparagement of her country, her President, Israel and their President.....check

Seems like you find people that served in Vietnam are all alike. It’s easier for bigots to formulate and present their bigotry that way.

Disparaging the US, Trump, and Bibi is fine with me. Check.

The Vietnam vets that threw away their medals and marched to end that nightmare are good people. The ones that don’t want to reconcile their participation in a brutal imperial adventure and are proud of what they did in Vietnam can fuck off.
    Yeah. Because everyone knows involuntary draftees set official US foreign policy.

So fucking dumb. Jesus Christ. Why didn't your parents kill you?
  • Options

salemcoog said:

Swaye said:

A Vietnam vet who probably still thinks the rice farmers he killed deserved it and a NYPD cop. Think I’ll take AOC on this one.

Can you democrats get any more disrespectful? You punk assed bitch you wouldn't dare say that to the face of the veterans I know. They would kick you internet tough guy ass for saying disrespectful things like that about our veterans. My guess is it was your parents spitting on returning soldiers.
    Returning Vietnam vets getting spit on by lefties is an urban legend meant to shift the blame from the older veterans and vet organizations that let them down.
    Nobody can possibly be this stupid.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/13/opinion/myth-spitting-vietnam-protester.html

I told her that, on the contrary, opponents of the war had actually tried to recruit returning veterans. I told her about a 1971 Harris Poll survey that found that 99 percent of veterans said their reception from friends and family had been friendly, and 94 percent said their reception from age-group peers, the population most likely to have included the spitters, was friendly.

A follow-up poll, conducted in 1979 for the Veterans Administration (now the Department of Veterans Affairs), reported that former antiwar activists had warmer feelings toward Vietnam veterans than toward congressional leaders or even their erstwhile fellow travelers in the movement.

So fake news go all the way back to the 70s.
    This doesn’t read as you may think it does Mercer Island. All this says is that A: If a vet returned home and was a friend or family member of a dirty hippy, they didn’t spit on him/her. B: It says that spitting hippies favor vets that returned home over Congress.

This article does nothing to support your indoctrinated bullshit that protesters didn’t spit on returning vets and call them baby killers.
    Indoctrination is believing the spitting hippie urban legend without any contemporaneous supporting evidence. All you have is vets claiming mistreatment decades later and exposing the fabrications in the process. But it’s a convenient way to blame the left for “undermining” the war effort in Vietnam that was doomed from the start. Clearly you’re dumb enough to fall for it.
    I served just post Vietnam. The disrespect and stigma was very real even towards me.
    The disrespect and stigma came largely from WWII vets who looked down on Vietnam vets for their failures in the war. Not the anti-war left. And there were plenty of right-wing efforts to divide returning vets from the anti-war left by blaming them for “losing the war at home”. The tale of the hippie spitting on returning vets in airports rendering it necessary to change in to civilian clothing is an urban myth that began in the ‘80s.
    Total horseshit. Not surprised you're dumb enough to believe it.
  • Options
    HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937

Case closed

This comic is instructive because it follows the same outline as the fabricated version. Hippie waiting at the airport, calling him a babykiller, and spitting on the vet. Strange how so many people share the same exact account of these incidents!
  • Options

GDS said:

Case closed

Do a google image search on this and you see endless links talking about how the Nixon administration used the false narrative of anti-war protesters spitting on returning vets to try and stamp out dissent for the war. Thanks for your posts HC
    I did see all the revisionist history

That's the problem with the left. They are a bunch of pussies who refuse to live up or take credit for their own actions

Also saw a lot of Hanoi Jane in the google search. I suppose that is a myth too

Own it pussies. It happened.
    The antiwar left did a lot of great things during the war to build public pressure help bring it to its eventual conclusion. And lefties should happily own that. They didn’t spit on returning vets however, and they didn’t “lost the war at home” either. That’s revisionist bullshit.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,506
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Baseman said:

Hi there dumbfucks,

My dad was drafted into Vietnam, served in the special forces in some of the worst shit you can imagine, and then went to UW and was a lot more than spit on by anti-war protesters. To this fucking day, he is reluctant to tell people he doesn't know of his veteran status because of the stigma that surrounded being a Vietnam veteran in that era.

I have no doubt you'll dismiss or rationalize this to fit your worldview. Sincerely, go fuck yourselves.

He’s almost certainly lying about his treatment by anti-war protestors at UW and is probably just another right-wing dipshit, like his kid, who fabricated those details for the sake of hippie-punching.
    Bingo, glad you can continue to show your colors and illustrate what the Left has to offer. I'm actually glad you are here in the Tug for that purpose.
    I’m a Lib. Kennedy and LBJ shouldn’t have sent our boys to Nam. Many thanks and respect to those who served and defended my rights to be a Dem. Crawling around in a dank swamp in 100 heat and humidity dodging water snakes, mosquitos and the Cong was no joke.

So Fuck off Hardly Clothed. The vitriol our Nam vets got returning home was real and undeserved. Ask a real Nam vet what they think of Jane Fonda. That will tell you all you need to know.
    Good poast but you won't be a Lib for long. I'm guessing you're approaching mid 30's now?

Myself, I voted for Gore, Kerry and Obama the first time. But Come around 2010 I'd heard and seen enough to know that today's Democrats were the most corrupt faction in the History of American politics. ID politics was now the name of the game at home and Much of their foreign policy devolved to put America's interest in a backseat to Europe and ME countries wants. But still I was so scared of Trump's unprecedented, un-presidential rhetoric, that I actually voted for Hilary. But I vowed to give whoever won that steam pile of an election in 2016 a chance. And so I have. Both parties suck. But only one of them hates their country and the values that built it up.
    The democrats are thinking of you and how to keep you by rolling out Old Joe Biden for some Obama Hillary nostalgia and to show they haven't gone batshit AOC crazy

First, congrats on admitting the Hillary vote. Not many here do or admit to a Trump vote like I do

Question is - does the Joe Bidden Reunion tour do it for you or have the last couple of years soured the whole Obama Myth?

• Options

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

Hi there dumbfucks,

My dad was drafted into Vietnam, served in the special forces in some of the worst shit you can imagine, and then went to UW and was a lot more than spit on by anti-war protesters. To this fucking day, he is reluctant to tell people he doesn't know of his veteran status because of the stigma that surrounded being a Vietnam veteran in that era.

I have no doubt you'll dismiss or rationalize this to fit your worldview. Sincerely, go fuck yourselves.

My father in law wears his Vietnam vet hat often. In the 23 years I've known him. There's easily over 100 times I've seen someone thank him for his service. Not once has anyone ever been rude to him in any way. This is in Seattle, Montana, Spokane, southern California, and Phoenix over the years.
    No one’s saying that Vietnam veterans were getting spit on from 1996-2019, they’re saying they got spit on in the 70’s. Are you really this obtuse? Don’t answer, it was rhetorical.
    Listen here shitdick. Look at the post I was responding to. And yes many people in this thread commented on how vets are treated.
    Ok, I’m going to type this slowly so you can get it. There is a narrative that returning Vietnam vets were spit on and harassed by angry hippies. HardlyClothed is saying it didn’t happen and we? are saying it did. This is the entire tangent of spitting on veterans.

From personal experience I can tell you that America learned a lesson from how they treated the Vietnam vets and the pendulum swung the other way. When I returned from Desert Storm, Iraq, and Afghanistan I was repeatedly thanked, to the point of uncomfortable embarrassment. Although, I was single during Desert Storm and the ladies showed their gratitude in Throbber approved ways (make sure you thank your mom for me). So it’s not surprising that you haven’t witnessed your FIL get harassed during this timeframe because it’s different now*.

*edited to add: although spitting on veterans still happens, I suspect it has more to do with politics than anti-troop sentiment.
    The mistreatment Vietnam faced was’t not being thanked enough. It was a lack of services provided by veterans orgs and the government to deal with the horrific physical and mental damage caused by the war. The infrastructure of which is now better but not a whole lot.
    Extreme Pivot Point, right here.

HC realizes he's lost the argument and now seeks to hide his embarrassment by pretending he's not a weasel.

Fuck Off.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    The Vietnam vets that threw away their medals and marched to end that nightmare are good people.

How about the ones like John Kerry who threw away someone else's medals but pretended he was throwing away his until the tide changed and it became advantageous for him to run on his war hero status and then he proudly displayed his medals? Good person?

How about the guys who were complete frauds and who were never even in Vietnam but talked about the atrocities they'd seen and participated in? Good people?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,506
    Swaye's Wigwam

GDS said:

Case closed

Do a google image search on this and you see endless links talking about how the Nixon administration used the false narrative of anti-war protesters spitting on returning vets to try and stamp out dissent for the war. Thanks for your posts HC

That's the problem with the left. They are a bunch of pussies who refuse to live up or take credit for their own actions

The antiwar left did a lot of great things during the war to build public pressure help bring it to its eventual conclusion. And lefties should happily own that. They didn’t spit on returning vets however, and they didn’t “lost the war at home” either. That’s revisionist bullshit.
    Pussy

How about blowing up buildings on campus?

Another myth?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

Baseman said:

Hi there dumbfucks,

He’s almost certainly lying about his treatment by anti-war protestors at UW and is probably just another right-wing dipshit, like his kid, who fabricated those details for the sake of hippie-punching.
    Bingo, glad you can continue to show your colors and illustrate what the Left has to offer. I'm actually glad you are here in the Tug for that purpose.
    I’m a Lib. Kennedy and LBJ shouldn’t have sent our boys to Nam. Many thanks and respect to those who served and defended my rights to be a Dem. Crawling around in a dank swamp in 100 heat and humidity dodging water snakes, mosquitos and the Cong was no joke.

So Fuck off Hardly Clothed. The vitriol our Nam vets got returning home was real and undeserved. Ask a real Nam vet what they think of Jane Fonda. That will tell you all you need to know.
    The “vitriol” Vietnam vets faced returning home was mostly a fabrication developed decades later as demonstrated in this thread. Most people were happy to see their family and peers return alive. Jane Fonda still? Fuck you for falling for that revisionist bullshit and doing an actual disservice to vietnam vets by misrepresenting their experience.
    Once again you walk back and go with the "but their family and friends were happy to see them come home" rationale. Just take your L and move on kid as you are absolutely embarrassing yourself, your 2 dads and your generation by continuing your misinformed diatribe.
    Engaging HC on any level is a completely worthless exercise. He is a frustrated angry triggered tard with a micro penis. Just ignore him. Maybe he will go away.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,896

Baseman said:

Hi there dumbfucks,

The “vitriol” Vietnam vets faced returning home was mostly a fabrication developed decades later as demonstrated in this thread. Most people were happy to see their family and peers return alive. Jane Fonda still? Fuck you for falling for that revisionist bullshit and doing an actual disservice to vietnam vets by misrepresenting their experience.
    Answer the question - what is your birth year?

Early 60’s. Some of first memories were following the war. Now what’s yours and everyone who claims to know how vietnam vets were treated when they returned from the war?
    What liberal college are you employed at? Obviously the real world is unknown to you.
  • Options

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

Hi there dumbfucks,

My father in law wears his Vietnam vet hat often. In the 23 years I've known him. There's easily over 100 times I've seen someone thank him for his service. Not once has anyone ever been rude to him in any way. This is in Seattle, Montana, Spokane, southern California, and Phoenix over the years.
    No one’s saying that Vietnam veterans were getting spit on from 1996-2019, they’re saying they got spit on in the 70’s. Are you really this obtuse? Don’t answer, it was rhetorical.
    Listen here shitdick. Look at the post I was responding to. And yes many people in this thread commented on how vets are treated.
    Ok, I’m going to type this slowly so you can get it. There is a narrative that returning Vietnam vets were spit on and harassed by angry hippies. HardlyClothed is saying it didn’t happen and we? are saying it did. This is the entire tangent of spitting on veterans.

From personal experience I can tell you that America learned a lesson from how they treated the Vietnam vets and the pendulum swung the other way. When I returned from Desert Storm, Iraq, and Afghanistan I was repeatedly thanked, to the point of uncomfortable embarrassment. Although, I was single during Desert Storm and the ladies showed their gratitude in Throbber approved ways (make sure you thank your mom for me). So it’s not surprising that you haven’t witnessed your FIL get harassed during this timeframe because it’s different now*.

*edited to add: although spitting on veterans still happens, I suspect it has more to do with politics than anti-troop sentiment.
    The mistreatment Vietnam faced was’t not being thanked enough. It was a lack of services provided by veterans orgs and the government to deal with the horrific physical and mental damage caused by the war. The infrastructure of which is now better but not a whole lot.
    Extreme Pivot Point, right here.

HC realizes he's lost the argument and now seeks to hide his embarrassment by pretending he's not a weasel.

Fuck Off.
    Hey moron here’s my first post on the spitting in this thread:

“Returning Vietnam vets getting spit on by lefties is an urban legend meant to shift the blame from the older veterans and vet organizations that let them down.”

I haven’t deviated from the only mistreatment they really faced was from vets of previous wars and the government’s inability to provide adequate services. Idiot.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

The Vietnam vets that threw away their medals and marched to end that nightmare are good people.

How about the ones like John Kerry who threw away someone else's medals but pretended he was throwing away his until the tide changed and it became advantageous for him to run on his war hero status and then he proudly displayed his medals? Good person?

How about the guys who were complete frauds and who were never even in Vietnam but talked about the atrocities they'd seen and participated in? Good people?

Kerry is fine in my book for going in front of congress and asking who will be the last to die for a mistake. Took more balls than you have to do that. Poltician John Kerry isn’t as good as that version however.
  • Options

GDS said:

Case closed

Pussy

How about blowing up buildings on campus?

Another myth?
    Ok? That did happen. I won’t disown the antiwar left because fringes carried out bombings that only damaged property. How about the national guard murdering four college students. You seem to have thrown yourself in with that lot.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Kerry is fine in my book for going in front of congress and asking who will be the last to die for a mistake. Took more balls than you have to do that. Poltician John Kerry isn’t as good as that version however.
    He wasn't a politician when he tossed away someone else's Medals. Nice dodge.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I’m not familiar with this claim and don’t really care. Got a link? Or is this the swift boat bullshit that Kerry didn’t really earn his medals in Vietnam? Wouldn’t be surprising coming from a Bushie hog like you.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I’m not familiar with this claim and don’t really care. Got a link? Or is this the swift boat bullshit that Kerry didn’t really earn his medals in Vietnam? Wouldn’t be surprising coming from a Bushie hog like you.
    Translation: I'm an ignorant Kunt who loves to run my mouth.

• Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

So I looked it up and in ‘04 the judicial watch nutjobs found that Kerry had only thrown away his ribbons instead of his medals, which he had claimed. And that he threw away other people’s medals who couldn’t attend the protest. Presumably they asked him to do so. So it was a bullshit Bushie claim.

What’s the point of your weird ranting about Kerry exactly? I said the vets that threw away their medals were heroes and never mentioned Kerry. His testimony to congress was great however. Bob’s mind is a palace of strange resentments.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

So I looked it up and in ‘04 the judicial watch nutjobs found that Kerry had only thrown away his ribbons instead of his medals, which he had claimed. And that he threw away other people’s medals who couldn’t attend the protest. Presumably they asked him to do so. So it was a bullshit Bushie claim.

What’s the point of your weird ranting about Kerry exactly? I said the vets that threw away their medals were heroes and never mentioned Kerry. His testimony to congress was great however. Bob’s mind is a palace of strange resentments.
    The entire point of that protest was a rejection of the symbols of heroism and service that the Military had bestowed on them by tossing away your medals. Tossing away someone else's medals while making people think that you were tossing away your own medals is pure bullshit. And how John Kerry of Mr. I voted for it before I voted against it to try and have it both ways. He tossed away his "ribbons" but kept the medals.

I noticed you said nothing about the "good people" who were never even in Vietnam but claimed they'd witnessed atrocities there.