Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Yankoff

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Yankoff's only chance at ever playing a meaningful snap is if he pulls a Eric Bjornson and switches to WR. He sucks donkey dick as a QB.

His athleticism might make up for his lack of accuracy in UCLA's system.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Yankoff's only chance at ever playing a meaningful snap is if he pulls a Eric Bjornson and switches to WR. He sucks donkey dick as a QB.

His athleticism might make up for his lack of accuracy in UCLA's system.
    Was hoping to see a wilddoog or lil of triple option
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Yankoff was putting toxic ideas into the head of Sirmon anyways. Sirmon is going to be the best backup QB husky football has ever had.
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    I like it. It sets a precedent. Doesn't matter that he sucks. Now, if a player that is actually good wants to transfer we can say, look, you can transfer, but you'll have to sit out a year if it is in conference. We don't want players going to Oregon or SC after spring ball because they have a couple injuries and need a LB and the dad wants a bag.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

There's also the possibility that Petersen doesn't like the idea of his more-complicated-than-the-plot-of-Primer offense being exported to a conference foe, packaged up neatly in a former player's skull. We may not see the point of holding back a would-be fifth string QB in terms of available playing time, but I can absolutely see the value in discouraging a player from bringing your offensive reads/cues to an opponent you'll definitely play in the course of that player's career.

Petersen thinks there's value in Eastern not knowing who the starting quarterback will be. We're supposed to think he'll just be okay with UCLA owning a copy of the playbook? This isn't petty or malicious, it's just attention to detail run amok. If another program wants to negatively recruit using this anecdote, the proper response would be, "Yeah, I hated to do that to Colson, but I was WAY more concerned at the time with the remaining 85 guys in my program winning as many games as possible. You want to come play for a coach that anal-retentively dedicated to winning?"

At this point, I think fears of avenues for negative recruiting are pretty unfounded. I don't see how it would be possible to negatively recruit against Chris Petersen. Unless the PSA in question is a kicker who can hit from 45...

Anal-retentive? Sounds hot.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm 100% fine with this. I dont want to set a precedent that we're the program that will let the neighbor come over and fuck our wife just because we're a nice guy and want our wife and the neighbor to be happy. Yankoff knew the rules when he signed with UW. He sucked and now wants a do-over

What neighborhood do you live in?

Seriously though, what’s the address of the chump that lets dudes come over and fuck his wife?

I deserve to be happy damn it.
    Check your drivers license bro.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,854
    edited August 2019
    I have nothing to add - but the thread title demands The Throbber jumps in to Yankoff.

• Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,051
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2019
    Life CFB Life CFB? is weird how it goes from FUCK YOU QUOOKS WE BEAT YOU FOR YANKER, to this dude is trash, thank god he's freeing up a scholarship.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,051
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2019

godawgst said:

I don't see the point of blocking a kid who was going to be 4th/5th on the QB depth chart had he stayed until the end of the year, but Pete told Yankoff if he goes to another Pac-12 school there would be no waiver granted and so that's what happened.

The point is not setting a precedent. It probably doesnt really matter with Yankoff but what if next year Puca Nacua or Cam Davis wants to go play at USC and play immediately. Well, you just let a kid do that last year, now you're telling a kid of color he has to sit out but you let the white kid do it. And then the floodgates open.
    The point is also to not be a petty cunt that other teams will use against you in recruiting(not that UW is struggling relative to our shit ass 12). Perception isn't everything, but it goes a long way.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dtd said:

godawgst said:

I don't see the point of blocking a kid who was going to be 4th/5th on the QB depth chart had he stayed until the end of the year, but Pete told Yankoff if he goes to another Pac-12 school there would be no waiver granted and so that's what happened.

The point is not setting a precedent. It probably doesnt really matter with Yankoff but what if next year Puca Nacua or Cam Davis wants to go play at USC and play immediately. Well, you just let a kid do that last year, now you're telling a kid of color he has to sit out but you let the white kid do it. And then the floodgates open.
    The point is also to not be a petty cunt that other teams will use against you in recruiting(not that UW is struggling relative to our shit ass 12). Perception isn't everything, but it goes a long way.
    Yeah, but sometimes you have to do uncomfortable things and perhaps look "petty" in order to keep stability because it's a slippery slope out there ...

Life isn't black and white.

Anytime you use discretion (especially when the parameters are clear) then any deviation is actually weakening.

Peterman has control over this ... It's called "no"
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    dtd said:

Life CFB Life CFB? is weird how it goes from FUCK YOU QUOOKS WE BEAT YOU FOR YANKER, to this dude is trash, thank god he's freeing up a scholarship.

Did you see any of the spring camp videos of the QB drills?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,592
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    MisterEm said:

dtd said:

godawgst said:

The point is not looking like a faggot after reiterating your position on the transfer policy within conference to this player, and others on the roster.

But, please... continue to wax poetically about petty cunt shit.

Apparently you've never run a business. You must work for the feds or academia where feelings and perception reign supreme.
    Don't forget seniority.

@RaceBannon
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    dtd said:

Still a win for us. If he's good enough for Chip to still want him he'd be good enough for Oregon. He's a talented athlete. Just needs to get his reads down.