Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Yankoff

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    McLovin said:

HuskyJW said:

I'm 100% fine with this. I dont want to set a precedent that we're the program that will let the neighbor come over and fuck our wife just because we're a nice guy and want our wife and the neighbor to be happy. Yankoff knew the rules when he signed with UW. He sucked and now wants a do-over

We looked like chumps with Kaho so now TUFF with Yankoff
    How does Kaho's inability to get into UW due to failing his summer language class make us look like chumps?
    I'll just give you a "Fuck Off" as I'm going to just assume you are being sarcastic.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,051
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Oregon waived it for Cody Shear.
  • Options
    PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    dtd said:

Oregon waived it for Cody Shear.

Just cuz Oregon chose to be cucked doesn't mean everyone has to
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2019
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Who fucking cares if UW gives him a waiver or not? The kid can’t throw anyway.

Ahem,
    Mosster47 said:

Bread said:

Good thing we got 3-4 years for him to learn not to throw picks.

There are very few good QB's that sit 3-4 years. If that's the case he either sucks, transfers, or abundance.
    Yep. You guys have one kid in your stable with an actual college level arm and that's Yankoff, but he played in bum fuck Idaho so it will take two years for him to learn to play football.

Skinny lost his job to a 5'9" true freshman that almost kills himself every time he goes around water and is going to lose his job at some point this year to a true freshman.

Tons of limp dick deep balls will be a staple in the UW offense for years to come.
    #hotmosstertakes
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    In years past, denying the waiver would’ve made total sense and no one would’ve batted an eye. And I would’ve completely agreed with it.

This move worries me now though because we’ve entered the transfer portal era... where 90% of kids are getting immediate eligibility for the vaguest of reasons. Other Pac12 teams have been granting immediate eligibility for intra-conference transfers too.

Perception can be reality, and now the perception is that Pete’s old school move here is malicious towards the player. I can almost guarantee that other coaches will use this as a negative recruiting tool against UW moving forward
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,905
    Standard Supporter
    NEsnake12 said:

In years past, denying the waiver would’ve made total sense and no one would’ve batted an eye. And I would’ve completely agreed with it.

This move worries me now though because we’ve entered the transfer portal era... where 90% of kids are getting immediate eligibility for the vaguest of reasons. Other Pac12 teams have been granting immediate eligibility for intra-conference transfers too.

Perception can be reality, and now the perception is that Pete’s old school move here is malicious towards the player. I can almost guarantee that other coaches will use this as a negative recruiting tool against UW moving forward

Are they really, though, or are just a few high profile ones making it seem that way?
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Again, Pete told him if he went in conference, the rule would not be waived. He chose to go in conference. His choice. Colson needs to be a bit more mature and deal with it.

Didn't kids need to sit out 2 years if they transferred in conference not too long ago?
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

"Hey, kid, you know that one rule that all the schools in the Pac-12 agreed to that intra-conference transfers must sit out a year? Well, Coach Pete at UW actually follows it! Why would you ever want to play for someone like that?"
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

McLovin said:

HuskyJW said:

I'm 100% fine with this. I dont want to set a precedent that we're the program that will let the neighbor come over and fuck our wife just because we're a nice guy and want our wife and the neighbor to be happy. Yankoff knew the rules when he signed with UW. He sucked and now wants a do-over

We looked like chumps with Kaho so now TUFF with Yankoff
    How does Kaho's inability to get into UW due to failing his summer language class make us look like chumps?
    We still could have not granted him his release from his LOI and forced him to sit out the season. I think Petersen wanted a clean break tho.
    After Jude's masterpiece of journalistic malpractice I'm not sure he even really had a choice. The perception of blocking him after the whole "he lost 20 pounds" episode could have been disastrous.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't see the point of blocking a kid who was going to be 4th/5th on the QB depth chart had he stayed until the end of the year, but Pete told Yankoff if he goes to another Pac-12 school there would be no waiver granted and so that's what happened.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    godawgst said:

I don't see the point of blocking a kid who was going to be 4th/5th on the QB depth chart had he stayed until the end of the year, but Pete told Yankoff if he goes to another Pac-12 school there would be no waiver granted and so that's what happened.

there is no longer analysis by pete. Kaho fucked us and Pete learned, as he always does. you transfer in-conference, you're blocked for a year. doesn't matter who you are or how inconsequential you'll be - blocked. it's communicated clearly up front and the kids are free to decide where to transfer knowing the rules.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,512
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Yankoff's only chance at ever playing a meaningful snap is if he pulls a Eric Bjornson and switches to WR. He sucks donkey dick as a QB.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    godawgst said:

the point is consistency of rules, expectations and application for pete and the player/recruit