Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The $20 Trail of Tears Continues

1235»

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    dflea said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I'm not saying that kids shouldn't learn about Tubman or Susan B. Anthony as well as Jane Addams and Emma Goldman, my complaint is the amount of attention these historical figures are given in comparison to Jefferson, Adams, Roosevelt and Grant. Harriet Tubman, while an interesting historical figure who should definitely be studied is given far more attention than her historical importance warrants.

I agree with you. It's just a minor distraction to me in the big scheme of things.
    I read my kids history books and it's so painfully obvious that they are written by leftists pushing an agenda. It's indoctrination not education and they start on them early.

Move to the south, then you don't even have to worry about evolution.
    As that better or worse than being taught that gender is a choice and a social construct?
    Gender is entirely a social construct. Biological sex is not. Gender is a socially constructed set of norms and behaviors ascribed to the biological sexes. hth
    Got to love how they so smugly dump on people who reject evolution when their thinking is every bit as faith based as any fundamentalist Christian and just as doctrinaire.
    @SFGbob I am reasonable man, but god damned it, this is one of the most fucktarded comments I’ve ever seen in in the history of the Tug. Evolution is scientific fact with the fossil record to back it up. Creationism has, well...Jack shit. Evolution is taken on faith? Poppycock.

Please to poont out the development of flight in the fossil record. I'll wait.
    There must have been magic.

Please to answer my question. Unless of course you can't.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaeopteryx
    Yawn. Didn't think so. How about all those winged insets and birds etc. You don't think it's odd how flight simply appears? More than once?

Of course all that evolution we see before our eyes with things sprouting wings and evolving is entertaining as well.
    Yawn back at you, Sir. The planet is 4.5 billion years old. Life has existed on it in various forms for like a billion years. Dinosaurs from 250 million to 65 million years ago. Lucy was 3 million years ago. Anatomically modern humans for about 200,000 years. And yet, I'm supposed to buy into the explanations for the origins of species from the writings of broze age, goat herders in the what was at the time a backwater, unimportant part of the world? I'll stick with the fact of evolution even if they are still making new and import discoveries all the time.

All that said, we live in a free country with sacred rights to believe what we want. God bless America.

I fully agree but basically calling people stupid because they disagree isn't right either. You have your beliefs and I have mine. We can both point at different facts to make our point but you can't prove yours to me nor can I prove mine to you. I do enjoy discussing subjects and will civilly discuss them with anyone.

Except the Hondo Bros. They suck!
    I don't think I called you stupid or even implied it. If I came across that way I apologize. I do need to dig into the avian piece on this subject because I'm curious.
    Lots of missing pieces. It's interesting. But there are no currently evolving species is the most interesting to me. By that I mean no wings budding out no extra legs or other partially formed adaptations.
    lol

You haven't seen extra legs budding out in your 60 years, huh? Well, that settles it then.

I feel like this is a celibate joke but I'm not quite there with you
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dflea said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I'm not saying that kids shouldn't learn about Tubman or Susan B. Anthony as well as Jane Addams and Emma Goldman, my complaint is the amount of attention these historical figures are given in comparison to Jefferson, Adams, Roosevelt and Grant. Harriet Tubman, while an interesting historical figure who should definitely be studied is given far more attention than her historical importance warrants.

I agree with you. It's just a minor distraction to me in the big scheme of things.
    I read my kids history books and it's so painfully obvious that they are written by leftists pushing an agenda. It's indoctrination not education and they start on them early.

As that better or worse than being taught that gender is a choice and a social construct?
    Gender is entirely a social construct. Biological sex is not. Gender is a socially constructed set of norms and behaviors ascribed to the biological sexes. hth
    Got to love how they so smugly dump on people who reject evolution when their thinking is every bit as faith based as any fundamentalist Christian and just as doctrinaire.
    @SFGbob I am reasonable man, but god damned it, this is one of the most fucktarded comments I’ve ever seen in in the history of the Tug. Evolution is scientific fact with the fossil record to back it up. Creationism has, well...Jack shit. Evolution is taken on faith? Poppycock.

Yawn. Didn't think so. How about all those winged insets and birds etc. You don't think it's odd how flight simply appears? More than once?

Of course all that evolution we see before our eyes with things sprouting wings and evolving is entertaining as well.
    Yawn back at you, Sir. The planet is 4.5 billion years old. Life has existed on it in various forms for like a billion years. Dinosaurs from 250 million to 65 million years ago. Lucy was 3 million years ago. Anatomically modern humans for about 200,000 years. And yet, I'm supposed to buy into the explanations for the origins of species from the writings of broze age, goat herders in the what was at the time a backwater, unimportant part of the world? I'll stick with the fact of evolution even if they are still making new and import discoveries all the time.

All that said, we live in a free country with sacred rights to believe what we want. God bless America.

I fully agree but basically calling people stupid because they disagree isn't right either. You have your beliefs and I have mine. We can both point at different facts to make our point but you can't prove yours to me nor can I prove mine to you. I do enjoy discussing subjects and will civilly discuss them with anyone.

I don't think I called you stupid or even implied it. If I came across that way I apologize. I do need to dig into the avian piece on this subject because I'm curious.
    Lots of missing pieces. It's interesting. But there are no currently evolving species is the most interesting to me. By that I mean no wings budding out no extra legs or other partially formed adaptations.
    lol

You haven't seen extra legs budding out in your 60 years, huh? Well, that settles it then.

Hard to understand what you're saying here. Might help if you take CD's dick out of your mouth first.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dflea said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

lol

Hard to understand what you're saying here. Might help if you take CD's dick out of your mouth first.
    No it isn't. Unless you're a fucking retard. Like you are.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dflea said:

dflea said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

lol

What's that, CDCocksucker?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,463
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dflea said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

lol

Millions of years to evolve and there isn't anything in the process visible. That does settle it for me.
    dflea said:

dflea said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

lol

Always an upvote due to the dry old mean spiritedness
    Sledog said:

dflea said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

lol

Millions of years to evolve and there isn't anything in the process visible. That does settle it for me.
    This comes as no surprise to me or anyone else who isn't retarded..

Are we arguing against evolution now
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

dflea said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

lol

So my 5 year old just hit 4’1” which is like 50th percentile for an 8 year old. Natural selection is real and my people are evolving into ever taller try hards.

Sledog said:

dflea said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

lol

So my 5 year old just hit 4’1” which is like 50th percentile for an 8 year old. Natural selection is real and my people are evolving into ever taller try hards.
    Man has always wanted to fly. Any wings yet?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

dflea said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

lol

Don’t need to. We have airplanes.

So apparently the delicate skeletons of bats and birds don’t fossilize as well. Probably explains why the records are not as good for the flying critters.
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

dflea said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

lol

This is how evolution works?

dflea said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

dflea said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

lol

This is how evolution works?

Of course. Giraffes wanted longer necks.