Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The $20 Trail of Tears Continues

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Its abnormal behavior in the classic scientific definition of normal or abnormal behavior base on numbers but we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings so the party of science will pretend that its normal to want to cut your dick off

And teach it in grade school

Don't let me stop you. Its working out great

How is it any different than anorexia or cutting and other forms of self mutilation. And I love the fact that just because someone decided to pretend they are another gender since it's nothing more than a societal construct we're all supposed to go along with their form of mental illness and accept it as perfectly normal.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Its abnormal behavior in the classic scientific definition of normal or abnormal behavior base on numbers but we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings so the party of science will pretend that its normal to want to cut your dick off

I don't think you or I care if somebody wants to pay a bunch of money to cut their dick off, its about the special treatment. In that sense, I agree that they should be treated like any other member of society.

I would say in the public curriculum I don't have an issue with it being taught in the normal Sex Ed class which for us was 7th grade. Elementary feels too early publicly, but then again we had Sex Ed in church before I did in public school.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't think you or I care if somebody wants to pay a bunch of money to cut their dick off, its about the special treatment. In that sense, I agree that they should be treated like any other member of society.

I would say in the public curriculum I don't have an issue with it being taught in the normal Sex Ed class which for us was 7th grade. Elementary feels too early publicly, but then again we had Sex Ed in church before I did in public school.
    We're reasonable people you and me

• Options

If Bob wants to bring self-mutilation into it, then we’re talking about demonizing boob jobs and vaginal reconstruction and Im fucking out.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

If Bob wants to bring self-mutilation into it, then we’re talking about demonizing boob jobs and vaginal reconstruction and Im fucking out.
    You want to cut your own pecker off have at it. Just don't ask me to pay for it or subsidize it in anyway and don't try and proselytize everyone else how it's perfectly normal and acceptable behavior.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    SFGbob said:

You want to cut your own pecker off have at it. Just don't ask me to pay for it or subsidize it in anyway and don't try and proselytize everyone else how it's perfectly normal and acceptable behavior.
    Move to the south and then you can stifle at least one grievance out of the dozens you have. You don’t mind government sponsored creationist teaching so you’ll be right at home. Goodbye GayBob!
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Move to the south and then you can stifle at least one grievance out of the dozens you have. You don’t mind government sponsored creationist teaching so you’ll be right at home. Goodbye GayBob!
    Fuck that strawman ass you worthless Kunt. I never said I support government sponsored creationist teaching, I just pointed out the hypocrisy of the people who are all up in arms about evolution being taught in school have no problem with teaching that gender is a choice.

But please return to your strawman's asswhole CD, try and pretend it's Hondo.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,206
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2019

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I'm not saying that kids shouldn't learn about Tubman or Susan B. Anthony as well as Jane Addams and Emma Goldman, my complaint is the amount of attention these historical figures are given in comparison to Jefferson, Adams, Roosevelt and Grant. Harriet Tubman, while an interesting historical figure who should definitely be studied is given far more attention than her historical importance warrants.

I agree with you. It's just a minor distraction to me in the big scheme of things.
    I read my kids history books and it's so painfully obvious that they are written by leftists pushing an agenda. It's indoctrination not education and they start on them early.

Move to the south, then you don't even have to worry about evolution.
    As that better or worse than being taught that gender is a choice and a social construct?
    Gender is entirely a social construct. Biological sex is not. Gender is a socially constructed set of norms and behaviors ascribed to the biological sexes. hth
    If you follow this reasoning through then their is no biological justification for transgenderism unless you are one of the rare individuals who isn't either a XY or XX chromosome.

Which is counter to what is generally accepted that being trans has a biological component. "They are born that way. It's not a choice."

I guess you are a TERF?

Of course there's plenty of scientific evidence that there is a biological link between behavior and biological sex but that's why you have feminist activists shouting down biology professors in colleges. #marchforscience

So which is it?
    You are talking about Transsexuality. Transgender and Transsexual are two different things. Transgender is when a person “keeps” their sexual biology and changes their appearance, behavior, etc otherwise. Transsexual is when somebody physically alters their sexual biology (genitals, hormones, etc). I dont know enough about the process, but I dont think anything is alterable at the chromosomal level.

In that way, I dont think you can ever truly change your biological sex, and Ive never said otherwise. You can definitely change your gender because thats shit we made up. There are obviously some behavioral things driven by biology/hormones that define some behaviors, but those don’t cover all the bases like society and culture.

A lot of the discussion goes off the rails when people don’t acknowledge sex and gender as two different things, which I don’t find that difficult conceptually.

At this point I don’t believe there is an easily identifiable biological component to what makes someone want to change their sex or gender, it seems psychological (which still imo doesn't make it any more of a choice). If you want to get into the weeds, how does biology affect psychology (outside of hard wired hormonal behaviors)? I have no idea and I dont think anybody does at the level proof would require.

The terms themselves are a hot topic in the trans community. I'll spare the audience in here the uninteresting details. It's not that important to the discussion.

I do believe there is a tie between biology(sex) and behavior(gender), independent of sociological factors. That is a belief though, and as you said, there's no adequate level of "proof". Lots of conflating variables etc.

Regardless of how you want to define the terms the underlying logic on the topic leaves a rift, either there's a biological component and you are born that way or it's a lifestyle choice. If it's a lifestyle choice why does the rest of society need to respect it beyond allowing you to do it yourself?

I definitely don't care what people want to do with themselves but there's a difference where someone's right to live their life own life ends and where the rest of society has to accommodate those choices. Human rights vs. entitlement.

If it's psychological then back into the diagnostic manual it goes as abnormal behavior. That's probably not the way you were headed though.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Fuck that strawman ass you worthless Kunt. I never said I support government sponsored creationist teaching, I just pointed out the hypocrisy of the people who are all up in arms about evolution being taught in school have no problem with teaching that gender is a choice.

So many grievances.
    So many different lineups in your homoerotic spank bank.
    Sad.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

So many grievances.
    So many different lineups in your homoerotic spank bank.
    Sad.
    Such a light weight Kunt, so many posts that say nothing.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited May 2019
    SFGbob said:

Is there anyone else who is getting a little tired of the elevation of minor historical figures into positions of prominence in order to fill out some diversity quota? I'll guarantee you that all three of my kids were taught far more about Harriet Tubman and Sojourner Truth then they were about Teddy Roosevelt and Thomas Jefferson.

I'm so sorry your kids were taught about black people.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    dhdawg said:

SFGbob said:

Is there anyone else who is getting a little tired of the elevation of minor historical figures into positions of prominence in order to fill out some diversity quota? I'll guarantee you that all three of my kids were taught far more about Harriet Tubman and Sojourner Truth then they were about Teddy Roosevelt and Thomas Jefferson.

I'm so sorry your kids were taught about black people.
    I'm sorry you're such a dishonest piece of shit that you didn't address what I actually said.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I'm not saying that kids shouldn't learn about Tubman or Susan B. Anthony as well as Jane Addams and Emma Goldman, my complaint is the amount of attention these historical figures are given in comparison to Jefferson, Adams, Roosevelt and Grant. Harriet Tubman, while an interesting historical figure who should definitely be studied is given far more attention than her historical importance warrants.

Now would you care to tell us why Harriet Tubman should get more coverage in middle school history text book than Teddy Roosevelt or Grant?
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    SFGbob said:

Now would you care to tell us why Harriet Tubman should get more coverage in middle school history text book than Teddy Roosevelt or Grant?

No.

It's funny that the issue of schools over teaching black history is so important to you, white grievance culture personified.
  • Options
    DJDuck said:

Is the delay of the Harriet Tubman $20 bill due to Trump’s racism or good old government inefficiency?

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/05/23/is-the-delay-of-the-harriet-tubman-20-bill-due-to-trumps-racism-or-good-old-government-inefficiency/

I support bringing this thread back to the OP
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    dhdawg said:

SFGbob said:

No.

It's funny that the issue of schools over teaching black history is so important to you, white grievance culture personified.
    Again, not what I fucking said. But you keep fucking that strawman ass Kunt.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited May 2019
    Btw, I wasn't aware that Susan B. Anthony or Emma Goldman were part of black history.

And you dodged the question you were asked, care to try again Kunt? Why should Harriet Tubman should get more coverage in middle school history text book than Teddy Roosevelt or Grant?

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,709
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I agree with you. It's just a minor distraction to me in the big scheme of things.
    I read my kids history books and it's so painfully obvious that they are written by leftists pushing an agenda. It's indoctrination not education and they start on them early.

Move to the south, then you don't even have to worry about evolution.
    As that better or worse than being taught that gender is a choice and a social construct?
    Gender is entirely a social construct. Biological sex is not. Gender is a socially constructed set of norms and behaviors ascribed to the biological sexes. hth
    Got to love how they so smugly dump on people who reject evolution when their thinking is every bit as faith based as any fundamentalist Christian and just as doctrinaire.
    I have a dick and yet I can wear dresses and fuck dudes. The gender behavior of a male doesnt seem very hard wired to my actual biology?
    Sucks to be you. Literally.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Gaybob is all lathered up again.

lol