Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Greatest second album in rock history?

124»

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,775
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Write-in Vote
    BearsWiin said:

The Eagles are punished for their success. Hipster kids hate popularity

The Eagles have plenty of critical acclaim. Its just from a long time ago. Don Henley is one of the greatest voices ever and like the Warriors they took a championship squad and added Joe Walsh. Glenn Frey hated the country rock and wanted to ROCK

I saw them on the White River Rez 15 years ago or so. Still an awesome band

Saw them in 2003 - Hell Freezes Over Tour.

When you know every single word to every song.....that's a good band, no matter what the cool kids say (and they know all the words, too).

Hell Freezes Over Tour was 1994.

Henley had said they'd get back together when Hell freezes over. They got back together, made an album (Hell Freezes Over), then went on tour. I saw them in DC at RFK (Cheryl Crow opened for them)

The previous year I'd gone to see Henley at Glen Helen outside San Bernardino because I was convinced they'd never get back together. His blonde backup singer was almost as hot as the chick I went with
    OK -whatever the next one was in 2002/2003'ish.

I didn't buy the damned shirt. I was there for the booze, weed and slightly saggy middle agexd tits....

• Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Led Zeppelin II

BearsWiin said:

The Eagles have plenty of critical acclaim. Its just from a long time ago. Don Henley is one of the greatest voices ever and like the Warriors they took a championship squad and added Joe Walsh. Glenn Frey hated the country rock and wanted to ROCK

When you know every single word to every song.....that's a good band, no matter what the cool kids say (and they know all the words, too).

Henley had said they'd get back together when Hell freezes over. They got back together, made an album (Hell Freezes Over), then went on tour. I saw them in DC at RFK (Cheryl Crow opened for them)

The previous year I'd gone to see Henley at Glen Helen outside San Bernardino because I was convinced they'd never get back together. His blonde backup singer was almost as hot as the chick I went with

I didn't buy the damned shirt. I was there for the booze, weed and slightly saggy middle agexd tits....

Heart concerts are good for that, too
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Write-in Vote

BearsWiin said:

That's the one I saw at the Rez

It was the Out of Eden tour.

I saw the Hell Freezes Over on PBS.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Write-in Vote
    BearsWiin said:

Glen shit on Fingers Felder. I held it against him, then he died. We never worked it out.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Alexis said:

Pole invalid without AC DC- TNT and Motley Crue-Shout at the Devil.

We're not in Australia mate. Their second US album was Dirty Deeds which is more compilation vs true studio album.
    Dirty Deeds is a 6x Platinum album that kicks ass and is pretty underrated. Side 2 is some great Bon Scott story telling.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,855
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Led Zeppelin II
    dflea said:

Alexis said:

Pole invalid without AC DC- TNT and Motley Crue-Shout at the Devil.

We're not in Australia mate. Their second US album was Dirty Deeds which is more compilation vs true studio album.
    Dirty Deeds is a 6x Platinum album that kicks ass and is pretty underrated. Side 2 is some great Bon Scott story telling.
    DD is kind of a tricky one is that it's more of hodgepodge than true studio album. Kind of akin to Nirvana Insecticide.