Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I miss the Nebraska classy gentlemen’s club

Comments

• Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    I love this thread. The futility and desperation of the replies illustrates completely that the federal government is an abject joke and failure. If only pelosi and Schumer would play nice with trump then WE could accomplish stuff1!?!1 Good luck trumptards.

Reducing DC to common defense and common currency is the only rational solution. There’s not a single branch of the federal government that has any credibility or deserves any respect.

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I love this thread. The futility and desperation of the replies illustrates completely that the federal government is an abject joke and failure. If only pelosi and Schumer would play nice with trump then WE could accomplish stuff1!?!1 Good luck trumptards.

Reducing DC to common defense and common currency is the only rational solution. There’s not a single branch of the federal government that has any credibility or deserves any respect.

I agree with your assessment of the Federal Governments abilities but aren't you a BIG supporter of the California state government?
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    SFGbob said:

I agree with your assessment of the Federal Governments abilities but aren't you a BIG supporter of the California state government?
    California has created the greatest wealth producing society and culture the world has ever seen. Despite government, including the state government. The heavy hand and cost of an oppressive and ignorant federal government is far more burdensome.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

California has created the greatest wealth producing society and culture the world has ever seen. Despite government, including the state government. The heavy hand and cost of an oppressive and ignorant federal government is far more burdensome.
    This is true but your emotional outburst about this thread was still stupid.

2020 is about ideas. Nobody will hit all your marks but you'll vote for who comes closest

Biden is every bit the piece of shit Trump is. Pretending he isn't is the false narrative I reject

Who wants less government and who wants more

And who wants to put the Blacks back in chains

Fuck him.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I'm not sure that Biden claiming the GOP wants to return to Jim Crow is a gentleman thing

Some could call it divisive

Just kidding he's a Democrat

I'm not sure that Biden claiming the GOP wants to return to Jim Crow is a gentleman thing

Politics is an unseemly bidness and Dems and Republicans have been talking shit to each other since the 1850s. Even Nebraska classy Poppy Bush had Willie Horton. But I think Donnie has taken the shit talking to an unprecedented level for the modern era. I’m sure many a GOP senator would still have lunch or a cocktail with Creepy Uncle Joe. Doubtful this is the case with Donnie. We still need the Reagan / Tip O’ Neil dynamic to get REAL big deals done. Obama sucked at it. So does Trump this far.
    I'm not sure Trump would gaf, he was great frens with the Clintons and plenty of other Democrats before he ran for office. Those people sure as fuck aren't sitting down to lunch with him anymore though.

Not saying Trump is chinnocent here, don't twist. I'm just saying his divisive rhetoric has ended that chance for him, even though I don't think he actually believes most of the divisive shit he spews.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

California is blessed with great weather, geography and natural resources. The state government is far more oppressive and burdensome to businesses here than is the Federal government. Texas, which lacks California's weather and geographical advantages actually has far out performed California in the last 10 years. While the coastal areas have done well in California the eastern parts of the state has not. One of the things that would help California is if they opened up drilling for oil and gas but the state government doesn't allow it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckdevore/2018/08/27/of-the-5-big-states-texas-1-for-growth-california-1-for-poverty/#401d278a70ef
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,497
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don’t. Burn the Reichstag the fuck down!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Politics is an unseemly bidness and Dems and Republicans have been talking shit to each other since the 1850s. Even Nebraska classy Poppy Bush had Willie Horton. But I think Donnie has taken the shit talking to an unprecedented level for the modern era. I’m sure many a GOP senator would still have lunch or a cocktail with Creepy Uncle Joe. Doubtful this is the case with Donnie. We still need the Reagan / Tip O’ Neil dynamic to get REAL big deals done. Obama sucked at it. So does Trump this far.
    I'm not sure Trump would gaf, he was great frens with the Clintons and plenty of other Democrats before he ran for office. Those people sure as fuck aren't sitting down to lunch with him anymore though.

Not saying Trump is chinnocent here, don't twist. I'm just saying his divisive rhetoric has ended that chance for him, even though I don't think he actually believes most of the divisive shit he spews.
    They cashed his checks that's for sure

Is it divisive to call the president a traitor?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    edited May 2019

Yes. I don't think Trump gaf though, he'd still throw singles at a high dollar stripper with those who called him a traitor.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yes. I don't think Trump gaf though, he'd still throw singles at a high dollar stripper with those who called him a traitor.
    That's a nice visual lol

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

The federal government is an abject failure. Any spending not authorized in the constitution is bullshit. Every department not found in the constitution needs to be eliminated. They states can deal with it if they choose.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

“California” didn’t create shit. People there did. Individuals. It could be even greater if the fuck heads in Sacramento would stand down.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,892
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

“California” didn’t create shit. People there did. Individuals. It could be even greater if the fuck heads in Sacramento would stand down.
    This is a peculiar take. So where did the R&D funding come from that made Silicon Valley possible?
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

SFGbob said:

This is a peculiar take. So where did the R&D funding come from that made Silicon Valley possible?
    Not to mention the highly educated and innovative workforce that came out of the UCs and CSUs
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Weird how he wants to credit California for creating all that wealth while he doesn't mention the fact that California has a 1/3 of all welfare recipients in the United States and the highest rate of poverty of any state in the US.

You can thank Stanford and the SoCal weather that first attracted the movie business and the most fertile farm land in the country for much of the wealth being created in California.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,892
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

SFGbob said:

Not to mention the highly educated and innovative workforce that came out of the UCs and CSUs
    California has benefited more from federal guvmint spending as the source of its current prosperity than any other state in the Union and it’s not even close.
  • Options

BearsWiin said:

SFGbob said:

California has benefited more from federal guvmint spending as the source of its current prosperity than any other state in the Union and it’s not even close.
    Cite?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

If you think in came from the feds you’re a fucktard. If it did, hypothetically, fuck them. The federal government using money taken from citizens to fund R&D to create billionaires is some fucked up immoral thinking.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

SFGbob said:

Because if the state didn’t have universities there would be no universities.
  • Options

BearsWiin said:

SFGbob said:

Because if the state didn’t have universities there would be no universities.
    Sorry you don't understand the massive investment that the state of California made in its university system, and thus its young people, the last several decades