Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

When should Peterman hand the reins over to Jimmy Lake?

Comments

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Meek said:

I’m not a Jimmy Lake for pres guy. How about we just have the guy who is there now get his head out of his ass?

although i want to agree with you, i think Pete hates some of the key parts of the job such that he will never do them (or get his head out of his ass in your vernacular). I fear the fun parts of the program (Spring game, access to practices, etc) and upscaling the recruiting tactics will never change because he doesn't care to do them.
    He just wins 10+ games a year. Not bad for a dude who doesnt care. Ty didnt care either but averaged only 4. I'll take the former. Cue it up tina...
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Pete will be here until his results don't reach Jen Cohen's expectations. I have no idea what she is expecting but I'm going to assume she is fine with double digit win seasons. Let's face it. We do not have a demanding fan base that is going to light torches if Petersen doesn't make the CFP. He might luck out one season and make it in but as far as winning it I wouldn't go to Vegas and put money on it unless I got at least 75-1. He has been successful doing things his way so I can't see a lot of change coming unless he starts bringing in classes below top 15. I was at least encouraged to see he is ripping off Michigan and Clemson's idea of a barbecue weekend event for recruiting. Baby steps.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited May 2019
    Simple, before Jimmy Lake leaves for another head coaching job. There needs to be a succession plan in place that everybody is on board with similar to what happened at Ohio State with Ryan Day taking over for Urban Meyer. I don't think it will be much longer. Petersen will probably retire after Sam Huard wraps up his career at UW.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,966
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Before anything else, just make Dabo say no

I’m not a Jimmy Lake for pres guy. How about we just have the guy who is there now get his head out of his ass?

Let me know if this still holds true after our Alamo Bowl loss to Oklahoma State this December.
  • Options

Meek said:

although i want to agree with you, i think Pete hates some of the key parts of the job such that he will never do them (or get his head out of his ass in your vernacular). I fear the fun parts of the program (Spring game, access to practices, etc) and upscaling the recruiting tactics will never change because he doesn't care to do them.
    He just wins 10+ games a year. Not bad for a dude who doesnt care. Ty didnt care either but averaged only 4. I'll take the former. Cue it up tina...
    Ty won several Rose Bowls at Stanford!!!1!!
    Uh Derek...he didnt win 1..and only went to one
  • Options

Let me know if this still holds true after our Alamo Bowl loss to Oklahoma State this December.
    OSU wont be in Alamo bowl. But yes, we just might. Oregon will win conference
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    whuggy said:

Pete will be here until his results don't reach Jen Cohen's expectations. I have no idea what she is expecting but I'm going to assume she is fine with double digit win seasons. Let's face it. We do not have a demanding fan base that is going to light torches if Petersen doesn't make the CFP. He might luck out one season and make it in but as far as winning it I wouldn't go to Vegas and put money on it unless I got at least 75-1. He has been successful doing things his way so I can't see a lot of change coming unless he starts bringing in classes below top 15. I was at least encouraged to see he is ripping off Michigan and Clemson's idea of a barbecue weekend event for recruiting. Baby steps.

Wuggy you ignorant slut. His class was below 15. Try research b4 posting. And Chip Kelly and Pup got a good laugh at your post sonny
  • Options

whuggy said:

Wuggy you ignorant slut. His class was below 15. Try research b4 posting. And Chip Kelly and Pup got a good laugh at your post sonny
    Well one of us is ignorant and I'm happy to be corrected on this but I have UW at 13 and 11 last two recruiting classes.
  • Options
    whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Well one of us is ignorant and I'm happy to be corrected on this but I have UW at 13 and 11 last two recruiting classes.
    Well Wugs, everyone has a different definition of above or below depending on how you see it. My bad in your context. . See pup can admit when he's wronged someone.. Damn, I've never said that my entire life. I've never wronged anyone except the accidental ass dump in Heather #o@$%%%$ back in the early 2000's. I told her "I promise, I'll just put the head in".. well that's hard to do while in the disciplinedarkee...its really hard not to bury a few more inches of 8, even harder to pull out. Trust me...that is the most temptatious apple on earth. It's like 3-4 sins all wrapped up in one. But it's almost worth it. Like squeezing semen out a calking gun.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Oregon won’t win the conference Pup. That’s stupid.
    They absolutely will win North if Stanford doesnt. And I'm wait and see on them for a few games. Have no clue if Irwin and TE's can pick up slack losing Whiteside. Stanford will be a lot better.

Oregon should win conference outright. They're going to be very good. I think we can beat them, but that's about it in conference
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    da fuq Stalin?

Baseman said:

Turning to the D cordinator worked well in the past.

2 missed rosebowls, back to back by 2 plays, with 15 schollies? Not too shabby
    How many conference championships and Rose Bowls did Lambo win. Exactly.
  • Options

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Well Wugs, everyone has a different definition of above or below depending on how you see it. My bad in your context. . See pup can admit when he's wronged someone.. Damn, I've never said that my entire life. I've never wronged anyone except the accidental ass dump in Heather #o@$%%%$ back in the early 2000's. I told her "I promise, I'll just put the head in".. well that's hard to do while in the disciplinedarkee...its really hard not to bury a few more inches of 8, even harder to pull out. Trust me...that is the most temptatious apple on earth. It's like 3-4 sins all wrapped up in one. But it's almost worth it. Like squeezing semen out a calking gun.
    See just stick to posts like this. You're out of your lane when talking football. It's ok though you being a newfish and all.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Turning to the D cordinator worked well in the past.

2 missed rosebowls, back to back by 2 plays, with 15 schollies? Not too shabby
    How many conference championships and Rose Bowls did Lambo win. Exactly.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Pup's penile implant confirmed.
  • Options
    haie said:

Oregon won’t win the conference Pup. That’s stupid.
    They absolutely will win North if Stanford doesnt. And I'm wait and see on them for a few games. Have no clue if Irwin and TE's can pick up slack losing Whiteside. Stanford will be a lot better.

Oregon should win conference outright. They're going to be very good. I think we can beat them, but that's about it in conference
    Fuck Off
    Haie, it's a message forum. If your dick was just twice the size of your response you might have a date tonight. Ever been on one? Lofl