Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Worst week of the Pete era with no rival

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,740
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

dflea said:

I think Sa'vell is trolling the ever loving shit out of you guys.

Hope so
    I almost read that as Hope Solo.
    I wana toss her salad as she beats the living shit out of me
    I don't think you wanna go down there.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,740
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Baphomet said:

One of my best buddies is a former UW player (under James) and has been saying for 2 years that the OKG thing is hurting us in recruiting.

Says that some kids see it as elitist, if not racist.

Says Pete is afraid to take the risky kids -- the kids that James would take. The kids from hard families.

Says some of our best players in 2016 were guys that Sark recruited, that Pete would never recruit.

I'm starting to think this guy is on to something.

Isn't saying that it's racist to be afraid to take the risky kids ... kind of racist?
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,264
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Trying to follow all of this shit this week while traveling is impossible. JFC

But if THIS is what it took for Pete to “wake up” then fuck that. Fire his ass. The head coach is responsible for identifying leading indicators and adjusting. He has failed. Fire his ass.

#AllEyezOnJen
  • Options
    HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Been told WSU was a real player before his visit.

I thought it was a joke.

But I kept on hearing WSU this and WSU that after his visit there.

Was told if he was signing today, it would be WSU.

I still thought it was a joke, till this afternoon.

Now I understand why it was WSU and not Washington.

Sav'ell is a smart kid with a genuine heart, I hope he finds success wherever he goes.

Fucking pissed we can't have this kid.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Awfully warm for February.

Smalls is really a secret commit to UW. Smalls, Malloe, Lake, and Pete put together a strategy for him to string along Oregon and WSU. He will commit publically to Oregon, then switch to UW in February.

This rumor has been gaining steam on twitter. A few of my sources confirmed it. A thread on dawgman. Brock Huard and Warren Moon texted me earlier to confirm.

I won't believe it until sonics1993 confirms
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

We lost to Cal last year. That pissed me off more than anything this week.

I understand the sentiment but I knew we weren't winning shit last year (especially by that point). We still weren't a playoff team even with that win.

Since Pete got here I've truly believed we would win a national title in his tenure. This week has really made me question that.
    Really? I've never believed Pete would win a NC here and I thought that was a popular sentiment.

"It's hard." It really fucking is.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I had / have hopes for Petermen to be better than James

His offense and quarterbacks have me second guessing myself

Now add recruiting. You needs guys regardless of their color that can make their teammates less afraid of the opponent than they are of losing with their brothers

Family and shit is fine but not if its a comfort zone for not going into battle with everything on the line and burning the boats

This isnt game of thrones
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Now add recruiting. You needs guys regardless of their color that can make their teammates less afraid of the opponent than they are of losing with their brothers

Family and shit is fine but not if its a comfort zone for not going into battle with everything on the line and burning the boats

Have you ever played or watched a game

Your the perfect representation of Petersen - hey I win plenty why should I listen to anyone.

You have every excuse in the book down pat.
    I have never played or watched football in my life. You got me. But you would have fired Don James before he won the title, right?

Beach. Walk. Wife. Perspective.

Dont be so salty.

Well, I have hopefully 50 years to see UW win a natty. If Petersen stays, I'd bet he will.

You don't have 50 years, so I get it.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,147
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Your the perfect representation of Petersen - hey I win plenty why should I listen to anyone.

I have never played or watched football in my life. You got me. But you would have fired Don James before he won the title, right?

Dont be so salty.

Well, I have hopefully 50 years to see UW win a natty. If Petersen stays, I'd bet he will.

Harv was right
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,572
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Dont be so salty.

They've been saying that since the 1400s
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dont be so salty.

I remember a @PostGameOrangeSlices that was a great WR for UW.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

We lost to Cal last year. That pissed me off more than anything this week.

#mtoo