Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Seattle's economic policies are creating bigger problems for residents

124»

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Baphomet said:

People in this thread bitching on shit on the sidewalks sound poor. There isn't any shit on the sidewalks in my neighborhood. The shit on the sidewalks is overblown. I walked around parts of DT Seattle for a meeting on Thursday -- didn't see any shit on the sidewalks there either.

To the people that want to try what Bellevue is trying... how about this. We move the King County jail from Seattle to Bellevue, so when all the drug users are released from jail -- they are released onto Bellevue's streets instead of Seattle's.

Oh, and Amazon isn't moving to Bellevue, they are relocating one or two groups there. They are still hiring in Seattle and I bet total headcount in Seattle will be larger than total headcount in Bellevue for the next 4 decades.

The software devs that live on the East Side live there because they aren't as good as the Software devs that live in Seattle.

Walk around San Francisco, especially around Market and Union Square on up to Market and Van Ness. There is shit everywhere.
    Ugh, traveling to SF next week. Not looking forward to navigating downtown with my kid in tow.
    Dude really? I took my boy there 18 months ago. Walked all over downtown. Not only did I not see any human shit (Bob has been known to lie, like sitting in an ER full of illegals), I didn't see any needles or anything else.
    If it’s such a nonissue why do they have a poop map?

https://www.dailywire.com/news/12001/san-francisco-requires-poop-maps-help-pedestrians-hank-berrien
    If it's such an issue, why are Seattle and San Fran downtown's thriving and home values some of the highest growing in the nation?
    Hondo is now defending human shit on the streets and sidewalks.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Baphomet said:

People in this thread bitching on shit on the sidewalks sound poor. There isn't any shit on the sidewalks in my neighborhood. The shit on the sidewalks is overblown. I walked around parts of DT Seattle for a meeting on Thursday -- didn't see any shit on the sidewalks there either.

To the people that want to try what Bellevue is trying... how about this. We move the King County jail from Seattle to Bellevue, so when all the drug users are released from jail -- they are released onto Bellevue's streets instead of Seattle's.

Oh, and Amazon isn't moving to Bellevue, they are relocating one or two groups there. They are still hiring in Seattle and I bet total headcount in Seattle will be larger than total headcount in Bellevue for the next 4 decades.

The software devs that live on the East Side live there because they aren't as good as the Software devs that live in Seattle.

Walk around San Francisco, especially around Market and Union Square on up to Market and Van Ness. There is shit everywhere.
    Ugh, traveling to SF next week. Not looking forward to navigating downtown with my kid in tow.
    Dude really? I took my boy there 18 months ago. Walked all over downtown. Not only did I not see any human shit (Bob has been known to lie, like sitting in an ER full of illegals), I didn't see any needles or anything else.
    If it’s such a nonissue why do they have a poop map?

https://www.dailywire.com/news/12001/san-francisco-requires-poop-maps-help-pedestrians-hank-berrien
    If it's such an issue, why are Seattle and San Fran downtown's thriving and home values some of the highest growing in the nation?
    Yep there it is. The exact thing I was talking about

• Options
    This same garbage with immigration is how Trump won

Instead of "well we realize there is a problem but we disagree on the solutions" they went full on "there IS no immigration problem. And even if there were illegal immigration is a good thing for you! RacisT!"
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Instead of "well we realize there is a problem but we disagree on the solutions" they went full on "there IS no immigration problem. And even if there were illegal immigration is a good thing for you! RacisT!"

Trump won because Hillary thought the election was her birth right.

I'm not saying it's not a problem. I'm saying it's being greatly exaggerated by your media to try to tear down two successful cities and paint liberalism as evil. If you can't see that, I got some oceanfront property in Montana to sell you.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

I'm not saying it's not a problem. I'm saying it's being greatly exaggerated by your media to try to tear down two successful cities and paint liberalism as evil. If you can't see that, I got some oceanfront property in Montana to sell you.
    Dude, people want to not be hassled by homeless and made to feel uncomfortable. Especially people who are paying a lot for somewhere and expect it to be nice. Why is this such a difficult concept to grasp?

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

You keep acting as if I get my news from Fox and Friends. My opinion of SF is based on my first hand knowledge and experience. It's not from a media source you ponz.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

You keep acting as if I get my news from Fox and Friends. My opinion of SF is based on my first hand knowledge and experience. It's not from a media source you ponz.
    Don't worry. We trust you random internet guy.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Don't worry. We trust you random internet guy.
    So my continued experience with a city I've been visiting for 30+ years is invalid but that one tim with your son is. Got it.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2019
    2001400ex said:

How has the DNA of a person this stupid survived Natural Selection?

Some form of biological protection or sanctuary? Frozen jizz?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,042
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baphomet said:

Baphomet said:

What magical happyland part of Seattle do you live in fren where you don’t notice the issue?
    I didn't say there is no issue, I said there is no shit on my sidewalks, and there isn't shit on the sidewalks in most of Seattle.

And as I wrote, move KC Jail to Bellevue, and they'll have more of the other issues.
    No I don't have shit on the side walk in my hood. But I drive by about 50 tents along a 1 mile stretch of I-5 between my house and dropping the kids off at daycare. I've even seen those assholes trying to pitch tents in Green Lake. That's fucked up. Seattle as always had bums but 25 years ago they were confined to a few parts of town like Pioneer Square. We didn't have hundreds of tents all over the place. I realize Bellevue's circumstances are a bit different, but still...
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Baphomet said:

Baphomet said:

What magical happyland part of Seattle do you live in fren where you don’t notice the issue?
    I didn't say there is no issue, I said there is no shit on my sidewalks, and there isn't shit on the sidewalks in most of Seattle.

And as I wrote, move KC Jail to Bellevue, and they'll have more of the other issues.
    You have high standards up there. From the looks of it, living large in Seattle, is living in an area with no shit on the sidewalk.
    On the market: Seattle condo, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, renovated patio, garage, shit-free sidewalk. 330k
    Call Kimberly Grinolds for a showing...
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,042
    Swaye's Wigwam

2001400ex said:

You realize the dumbs are out breading the smarts these days and it's not even close? Natural selection is all fucked up.
  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,526
    I walk through the periphery of pioneer square on my way to CBD for work. The area between 3rd Cherry and James is an open air toilet. I occasionally see shit but always smell piss. Seattle homeless like to mark their territory I guess. Entire city is coated.
  • Options
    Why is homeless only talked about in Seattle and San Fran?

https://www.wibw.com/content/news/474763163.html

https://hot1041stl.com/2986243/the-homeless-problem-in-st-louis-continues-to-grow-video/

Obama was the food stamp president. I'm beginning to think Trump is the homeless president.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

Lets see, I actually live here and I still read the local fish wrap and take in the local media, all of which are liberal in their bent, and all of them have been reporting on the shit and needles and bums in the street for over the last year in and a half. But Hondo, the pathological lying Kunt who is so fucking stupid he didn't even know that Social Security existed in the 1950s and who still believed that their were places in America that had segregated public water fountains even in the 1970s, he "knows" that it's not really a problem and that it's only the Conservative press making a big deal out this.

Just like he "knew" the MAGA hat wearing kids were to blame and the Smolletts was the victim Hondo "knows" shit.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Here's the "conservative" media trying to tear down SF. As usual Hondo is just running his ignorant mouth.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/matier-ross/article/SF-s-filthy-streets-We-re-spending-far-more-13215702.php?psid=1EHZo

https://www.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/People-are-pooping-more-than-ever-on-the-streets-13778680.php

One of America's wealthiest cities has a huge problem with public poop.

Between 2011 and 2018, San Francisco experienced a massive increase in reported incidents of human feces found on public streets.

In 2011, just over 5,500 reports were logged by the San Francisco Department of Public Works; in 2018, the number increased to more than 28,000.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,845
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

https://hot1041stl.com/2986243/the-homeless-problem-in-st-louis-continues-to-grow-video/

Obama was the food stamp president. I'm beginning to think Trump is the homeless president.

But but but
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

It's not. Why are you a pathological liar?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    pawz said:

2001400ex said:

But but but
    Hondo obviously believes that Homelessness isn't really a problem and that Conservatives only bring it up to make liberal look bad.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753

2001400ex said:

You realize the dumbs are out breading the smarts these days and it's not even close? Natural selection is all fucked up.
    Then I’m praying they all become anti-vaxxers and perish from a middle-age disease.