Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jake Shipley, 3* 2020 DE, Indio (Shadow Hills), CA (OFFERED 4/16/19)

Comments

• Options
    blackmambablackmamba Member Posts: 184
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

Not sure how I feel about it yet but he'll obviously be a Dawg.

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Not sure how I feel about it yet but he'll obviously be a Dawg.

...if they want him"
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Lol at Oregon trying to bury Rosengarten's commitment with a couple of 3-star commitments of their own. You know they are timing that shit up on purpose. Shipley's a good pickup for them. He plays hard and physical. Could have been a nice long term rotational player for us. But he ain't shit compared to the D-lineman we already got last class. They ain't drowning out that L they took for Rosengarten no matter how hard they try!

Crystoballs: Hey Trey, how's it going? So this guy is going to be committing to Washington on Friday, and we wanted him too. It's gonna look really bad. You think you can go ahead and commit right after he does?

Benson: Yessir.

Crystoballs: Hey Jake, how's it going? So this guy is going to be committing to Washington on Friday, and we wanted him too. It's gonna look really bad. You think you can go ahead and commit a little after Trey does? It will look really good to the 5% of the fan base that cares about recruiting.

Shipley: Yessir.

Phil Knight:

If anybody is enough of a jackass to have recruits wait to announce their commitments to Oregon so they can line up their positive news with UW's positive news, it'd be Mario Cristobal. If Benson and Shipley had wanted to commit earlier in the week, there's no doubt in my mind Mario would have asked them to hold off on making it public until Friday to line it up with Rosengarten's commitment to UW. Same with the beached whale who was an Oregon lean for months and just so happened to commit to Oregon during a big recruiting weekend for UW. One commitment could be a coincidence. But three commitments all lining up with big recruiting events for UW is a pattern. Mario is a petty, unlikable, blow hard jackass. But he's your guy so you'll defend him until he starts losing.
    Everyone who has met Cristobal likes the guy, but

Not reviewing 5 missed paiges, did we* want him or not?

Translation/Summary

Both schools wanted him, but they didn’t want him as a girlfriend - more of a fuck buddy/prospect. Like you’d be okay with fucking them one time, but if they have a house with a pool and/or some rich parents maybe you’ll stick around.

But they both thought he had a good chance of having a house with a pool and probably wouldn’t care about their cocaine and alcohol abuse.

Summary: wanted to bang him, but wasn’t going to put in too much effort.

Other notable points from the pages you missed: SAC said he might be Entemmans (whom he remembers because he’s an early 20s, tall, black man and not a 16 year old autist who has internet HIV, WDWHA, WDWHA, WDWHA, some fag Ducks who can’t fill the sleeves, WDWHA because we offer anybody, WDWHA/YWHYLSAC, WDWHA —— but with AIDS.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    This is a good development. Shipley could have turned into the edge version of Greg Gaines, but is more than likely a complete JAG. This is an actual time WDWHA. I am quite happy with this. Best part is he sucked up a full ride for Oregon. The only issue is, DL is so thin out west this year, are there any EDGE guys left worth even taking a flyer on that we lead for? I never advocate reaching for kids (Kyler Manu), because it almost never works out, but I also never advocate taking a year off on a position group and leaving a huge roster hole later.

Interesting year after Smalls told us to fuck off. FML.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

This is a good development. Shipley could have turned into the edge version of Greg Gaines, but is more than likely a complete JAG. This is an actual time WDWHA. I am quite happy with this. Best part is he sucked up a full ride for Oregon. The only issue is, DL is so thin out west this year, are there any EDGE guys left worth even taking a flyer on that we lead for? I never advocate reaching for kids (Kyler Manu), because it almost never works out, but I also never advocate taking a year off on a position group and leaving a huge roster hole later.

Interesting year after Smalls told us to fuck off. FML.

Jordan Banks or fuck off
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

Decked out might be a bit hyperbolic here.

He has more purple on than green

Yeah Ca Lutheran is where it was held.
    Right. And it's an Oregon camp.

I would think his presence at the Oregon camp would be what @HillsboroDuck and the rest of you would be excited about, not the most subtle non-Oregon, Oregon jacket ever.
    Fuck @HillsboroDuck
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Oregon got played. LOL
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

Oregon got played. LOL

How?
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    lawsandl said:

Btw - kid is an honor student and I love this part of it:

“Shipley said the most difficult part about the ordeal was reaching out to Washington's defensive line coach, Ikaika Malloe, whom he'd developed a close relationship with during his recruitment. He said he didn't want Malloe to find out about the commitment to Oregon via social media, so he gave him a call to tell him personally.”

He sound like a classy kid. Look, I can see why he wasn’t a high priority for UW but Oregon loses 5 senior DL and there isn’t a lot in between this senior class and the 2019 class. So, no one got played.

Exactly. Solid pickup for Oregon but we'll live.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019
    lawsandl said:
    Cristobal timed it up perfectly. What a jackass.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    lawsandl said:

Swaye said:

Oregon got played. LOL

How?
    @Sources
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    lawsandl said:

“Shipley said the most difficult part about the ordeal was reaching out to Washington's defensive line coach, Ikaika Malloe, whom he'd developed a close relationship with during his recruitment. He said he didn't want Malloe to find out about the commitment to Oregon via social media, so he gave him a call to tell him personally.”

He sound like a classy kid. Look, I can see why he wasn’t a high priority for UW but Oregon loses 5 senior DL and there isn’t a lot in between this senior class and the 2019 class. So, no one got played.

Yeah....but the man bun blows all that out of the water.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

lawsandl said:

Yeah....but the man bun blows all that out of the water.
    The man bun/ teenage receding hairline combo is a Eugene staple. He also has a double-helix tattoo so that everyone knows that he was probably in AP Biology
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment