Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jake Shipley, 3* 2020 DE, Indio (Shadow Hills), CA (OFFERED 4/16/19)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    “I’m not going to rush into anything” ...

Going back to my earlier comments there’s a massive difference between UW and Oregon in their pitches and players that are attracted to each

Obviously he identifies more with Oregon ... so good for him. Probably a better fit there then.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Going back to my earlier comments there’s a massive difference between UW and Oregon in their pitches and players that are attracted to each

Obviously he identifies more with Oregon ... so good for him. Probably a better fit there then.

Trey Benson and his mom we’re praying together at the 50 yard line in one of the photo ops. Personally, I like my DL a bit edgy.

Bottom line is Shipley probably sees an easier path at Oregon. It’s probably that over personality.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    lawsandl said:

Tequilla said:

Trey Benson and his mom we’re praying together at the 50 yard line in one of the photo ops. Personally, I like my DL a bit edgy.

Bottom line is Shipley probably sees an easier path at Oregon. It’s probably that over personality.

OK!!!
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I was meh on this kid. Coaches know more than me but I'm not super bummed about it. I would rather get RR of the two
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,856
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

BANKS BANKS BANKS BANKS BANKS BANKS BANKS BANKS BANKS BANKS BANKS BANKS BANKS BANKS

Eliminated us...
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

BANKS BANKS BANKS BANKS BANKS BANKS BANKS BANKS BANKS BANKS BANKS BANKS BANKS BANKS

Eliminated us...
    No he didn’t he said he’s taking OVs and he’s said before he’s taking an OV here. Bama nor OSU would even take this kid. They are just trying to make UW and OU use more resources on him.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

Tequilla said:

I NEVER WDWHA but WDWHA. My opinion
  • Options

lawsandl said:

Tequilla said:

He is an 84 composite. The ducks are always chasing stars.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    WDWHA 👀👀is what i’ve heard
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Everybody is his bro, bro or not
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Tequilla said:

You guys typically close higher 🌟 ‘s
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I'm 100% ok with this development
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Van Fillinger 4.25 shuttle tho

Wonder how interested Van will be. We were pretty late on him.
    The 2020 D-line class is absolute trash. Van got offered late for a reason. I watch his film and I see a Shane Bowman kinda guy. No need to reach on anybody and waste a scholarship if the talent isn't there. If I was Malloe, I'd take it slow and wait to see Senior film before taking a commitment from any of these guys.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2019

The 2020 D-line class is absolute trash. Van got offered late for a reason. I watch his film and I see a Shane Bowman kinda guy. No need to reach on anybody and waste a scholarship if the talent isn't there. If I was Malloe, I'd take it slow and wait to see Senior film before taking a commitment from any of these guys.
    Disagree with your similar LB message. Agree completely with DL assessment. Not a fan of the options this year.

Malloe has fucked raw two yrs counting.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Lol at Oregon trying to bury Rosengarten's commitment with a couple of 3-star commitments of their own. You know they are timing that shit up on purpose. Shipley's a good pickup for them. He plays hard and physical. Could have been a nice long term rotational player for us. But he ain't shit compared to the D-lineman we already got last class. They ain't drowning out that L they took for Rosengarten no matter how hard they try!

Crystoballs: Hey Trey, how's it going? So this guy is going to be committing to Washington on Friday, and we wanted him too. It's gonna look really bad. You think you can go ahead and commit right after he does?

Benson: Yessir.

Crystoballs: Hey Jake, how's it going? So this guy is going to be committing to Washington on Friday, and we wanted him too. It's gonna look really bad. You think you can go ahead and commit a little after Trey does? It will look really good to the 5% of the fan base that cares about recruiting.

Shipley: Yessir.

Phil Knight:

If anybody is enough of a jackass to have recruits wait to announce their commitments to Oregon so they can line up their positive news with UW's positive news, it'd be Mario Cristobal. If Benson and Shipley had wanted to commit earlier in the week, there's no doubt in my mind Mario would have asked them to hold off on making it public until Friday to line it up with Rosengarten's commitment to UW. Same with the beached whale who was an Oregon lean for months and just so happened to commit to Oregon during a big recruiting weekend for UW. One commitment could be a coincidence. But three commitments all lining up with big recruiting events for UW is a pattern. Mario is a petty, unlikable, blow hard jackass. But he's your guy so you'll defend him until he starts losing.
  • Options

At least Van has a some good athletic traits. Ran a 4.8 and a 4.25 shuttle at 250.

Word is he’s a bit soft. He had a really bad showing in Oakland.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Tequilla said:

No overrated 4-stars like Keyon Ware-Hudson available for Oregon to chase this class.