Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jake Shipley, 3* 2020 DE, Indio (Shadow Hills), CA (OFFERED 4/16/19)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    These comments should be pinned about the difference between Oregon and UW
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,048
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

"The unofficial to Washington was amazing," said Shipley. "They really have something special going on over there. What stood out most was the hospitality everyone showed me. I met with almost all of the coaches."

Shipley also got a chance to see Oregon while in the Northwest.

" The unofficial to Oregon was insane," said Shipley. "The facilities are unreal and the coaches showed me a really good time. It was probably my best visit so far. What stood out was the facilities and how much it seemed that they want me there. I met with the entire coaching staff."

Shipley has been busy this spring, with trips to those two schools plus Arizona State, Cal and UCLA, but he's probably done with trips for the time being.

" I think I’m done with visits for right now because I don’t know where else I would try to go," said Shipley.

Shipley said he'll name a top five by the end of April but there isn't a time frame for a decision yet.

"I’m going to drop my top five this coming weekend but I don't know about a final decision yet," said Shipley.

Still, one of the offers has been notable to him."The offer that stands out the most is Washington because of how few people they’ve offered," said Shipley.

"My girlfriend is amazing."

"My girlfriend is insane."

Which guy are you jealous of?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,864
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

"The unofficial to Washington was amazing," said Shipley. "They really have something special going on over there. What stood out most was the hospitality everyone showed me. I met with almost all of the coaches."

Shipley also got a chance to see Oregon while in the Northwest.

" The unofficial to Oregon was insane," said Shipley. "The facilities are unreal and the coaches showed me a really good time. It was probably my best visit so far. What stood out was the facilities and how much it seemed that they want me there. I met with the entire coaching staff."

Shipley has been busy this spring, with trips to those two schools plus Arizona State, Cal and UCLA, but he's probably done with trips for the time being.

" I think I’m done with visits for right now because I don’t know where else I would try to go," said Shipley.

Shipley said he'll name a top five by the end of April but there isn't a time frame for a decision yet.

"I’m going to drop my top five this coming weekend but I don't know about a final decision yet," said Shipley.

Still, one of the offers has been notable to him."The offer that stands out the most is Washington because of how few people they’ve offered," said Shipley.

"My girlfriend is amazing."

"My girlfriend is insane."

Which guy are you jealous of?
    My girlfriend wife is fat...so she got mad head skills
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Not sure how I feel about it yet but he'll obviously be a Dawg.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Eklund CB to UW. First time he’s done that when we haven’t already assumed it was a done deal
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019
    The 3-tech version of Greg Gaines. Wouldn't be a super sexy pick up, but he could become a good player and fan favorite for his physicality, effort, and grittiness. He even wears #99 like Gaines. Too bad for him Bandes has #99 locked up for a while. But he could wear #90 and get the Empterman comparisons if he develops into an All-Conference player.
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    His high school is called Shadow Hills which I find fucking sexy. This guy will be our Maxx Crosby.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    "It was really cool because we all got to spend time together and we bonded pretty well," Shipley noted. "Ryan Bowman was my host and he plays the same position I would if I wound up going there, so it was good to get his perspective on things and also see how they use their guys off the edge."

"I have Oregon this coming weekend and then I'll have some down time," Shipley said. "I'm definitely not going to rush into anything and, like I said, these visits sorta wear you out, so I probably won't make a really quick decision or anything like that, but I am planning to commit to a school before my senior season, so I'll have some time to start thinking about things and what I want to do."

"I'm am looking for a good comfort level with the coaching staff," Shipley said. "I want to know they care about me as a player and as a person and also a place where my parents can make it out to see me play without too much trouble. Obviously academics are also going to play a part for me. I want to major in communications. If I don't make it in the NFL, I want to be around football and I think it would be fun to be a commentator or something like that.