Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jake Shipley, 3* 2020 DE, Indio (Shadow Hills), CA (OFFERED 4/16/19)

Comments

• lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

animate said:

How about development?

Croots know what schools are pushing out draft picks.

Over the very recent recruiting cycles are we hearing this consistently from our targets ... and from industry people.

It's paying off because croots know that a uw offer really means and represents something.

You do realize Oregon is set up to have a big NFL draft class, right?

As much as you shit on player development at Oregon, two players on the edge were just drafted into the NFL. Also, if you didn’t see big leaps in development by Carlberg, Baker and Faoliu, we just aren’t going to agree on the topic.

Big Joe can develop and has a history of it.
    What do you mean by big? Be specific. How many 1st round picks? 2nd round?

We've been hearing about Oregon's NFL draft prospects for years but they haven't had a 1st or second round draft pick since 2016.

When they went 0-fer in 2017 there were some very specific predictions made by a certain Duck fan regarding Royce Freeman and Darren Carrington. Those didn't turn out too well.
    Royce was drafted and Darren was a graduate transfer to Utah and a character risk after being kicked out.

I don’t know of any Duck fans thinking the last three classes had any sort of NFL talent.
    I was told Jalen Jelks was going to be a 1st rounder.
    Not by me...had he gotten a 1st round grade he would’ve gone.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    "One scout on hand said to me that UW "dodged a bullet" as far as Shipley is concerned. This scout felt he was probably topped out physically and his frame wasn't what you're looking for in an edge player. Honestly, I liked Shipley and thought he'd be a solid pickup, but for people who really dive into this stuff, the feeling is that Shipley isn't as much of a miss as some might think. Take it for what it's worth."

"One scout on hand said to me that UW "dodged a bullet" as far as Shipley is concerned. This scout felt he was probably topped out physically and his frame wasn't what you're looking for in an edge player. Honestly, I liked Shipley and thought he'd be a solid pickup, but for people who really dive into this stuff, the feeling is that Shipley isn't as much of a miss as some might think. Take it for what it's worth."

I am curious how Oregon sees him frame wise.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Eklund?
    lawsandl said:

I am curious how Oregon sees him frame wise.

• BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

animate said:

How about development?

Over the very recent recruiting cycles are we hearing this consistently from our targets ... and from industry people.

It's paying off because croots know that a uw offer really means and represents something.

As much as you shit on player development at Oregon, two players on the edge were just drafted into the NFL. Also, if you didn’t see big leaps in development by Carlberg, Baker and Faoliu, we just aren’t going to agree on the topic.

We've been hearing about Oregon's NFL draft prospects for years but they haven't had a 1st or second round draft pick since 2016.

When they went 0-fer in 2017 there were some very specific predictions made by a certain Duck fan regarding Royce Freeman and Darren Carrington. Those didn't turn out too well.
    Royce was drafted and Darren was a graduate transfer to Utah and a character risk after being kicked out.

I don’t know of any Duck fans thinking the last three classes had any sort of NFL talent.
    He was getting first round hype FOR deciding to stay his Senior season by NFL scouts. Then what happened? #OregonDevelopment
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

animate said:

How about development?

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Oregon-defender-Jalen-Jelks-earning-first-round-projections-for-2019-NFL-Draft-117615849/"

More damning than the headline, the article says he was projected as a second day pick if he had come out early.

Oops.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

animate said:

How about development?

So no specific predictions, bummer.

We were told Royce was going to be a first round pick not third.
    dnc said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

animate said:

How about development?

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Oregon-defender-Jalen-Jelks-earning-first-round-projections-for-2019-NFL-Draft-117615849/"

More damning than the headline, the article says he was projected as a second day pick if he had come out early.

Oops.
    I maintained going into his senior year that he was a tweener even in college. The dude can’t put on weight. His testing numbers were something he already knew.

I also can’t see Throck as better than a 3rd rounder. I see Lemieux as a better prospect.

There are 8 players making the draft boards and I expect a couple more to play themselves into a draft spot. I also would say 2 of those 8 go undrafted.

• LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,098
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I for one think Mario needs as much tim as he wants to get HIS guys in there
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,701
    lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

animate said:

How about development?

Oops.
    I maintained going into his senior year that he was a tweener even in college. The dude can’t put on weight. His testing numbers were something he already knew.

I also can’t see Throck as better than a 3rd rounder. I see Lemieux as a better prospect.

There are 8 players making the draft boards and I expect a couple more to play themselves into a draft spot. I also would say 2 of those 8 go undrafted.

So 8 + a couple - 2 = 8 ducks drafted?

Third round pretty conservative on Throckmorton. Lemieux in 2nd round? Herbert 1st? Anyone else?

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

animate said:

How about development?

Oops.

So 8 + a couple - 2 = 8 ducks drafted?

Third round pretty conservative on Throckmorton. Lemieux in 2nd round? Herbert 1st? Anyone else?
    No, I have no specifics on anyone. Just that is will be a good NFL class.
    chuck said:

lawsandl said:

whuggy said:

lawsandl said:

A depth chart is pretty easy to figure out. There is definitely early playing time available in 2020.

Quality recruits don't worry about depth charts.
    You have to be kidding. Outside of the program’s prestige and location, it’s the biggest draw for a program.
    Right. I think that's why the true blue blood programs have so much trouble recruiting...they have too much 4 and 5* talent on their rosters.

Oh wait...
    Outside of PROGRAM PRESTIGE...

Also, If Alabama and Clemson are fighting for a recruit in say Southern Florida, position need will be a big factor.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Let the judgement of 17 year olds by grown ass adults continue

This forum seriously needs to be behind a paywall.
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    dnc said:

The hell is that guy?
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,906
    Swaye's Wigwam

Broflock

Chincredibly under appreciated post.