Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fuck the 9th Circuit Court in the face

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,832
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2019
    Ok, so apparently the homeless can camp wherever and whenever "they" want. Whatever. Let's hypothetically say that's reasonable - even though, it's not.

Where's the line on criminal behavior? Drug use in public places? Littering? Defecating and leaving feces everywhere? Looting to pay for their heroin addiction?

What's the line of 'nowhere else to go" and just shitty fucked socially deviant behavior?

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ok, so apparently the homeless can camp wherever and whenever "they" want. Whatever. Let's hypothetically say that's reasonable - even though, it's not.

Where's the line on criminal behavior? Drug use in public places? Littering? Defecating and leaving feces everywhere? Looting to pay for their heroin addiction?

What's the line of 'nowhere else to go" and just shitty fucked socially deviant behavior?

They seem to imply that you can’t criminalize pooping if someone has nowhere else to poop. It’s totally FUBAR.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2019
    If enough people make their rounds at 3am leaning on their car horns, they’ll move.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,997
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think its a great defense for the next Frat Bro that gets an indecent exposure ticket for pissing on the back wall of a bar in the alley or gets popped for an open container. Fuck it, 9th district court says this is OK. It's my right.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,327
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Trump is changing the 9th one judge at a time
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2019

Currently going through this in OC. Fuck ballz judge Carter is using this as a means to pressure all of the cities into opening "navigation centers" bc they've worked so well in SF and LA to solve homelessness. HB just defeated their new proposed location literally adjacent to the High School.

If this goes to SCOTUS and gets knocked down you can move me from sometimes Trump apologist to full on Trumpanzee.

If Trump’s SCOTUS gets the bums out of Seattle I will buy a MAGA hat and wear it with pride.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Currently going through this in OC. Fuck ballz judge Carter is using this as a means to pressure all of the cities into opening "navigation centers" bc they've worked so well in SF and LA to solve homelessness. HB just defeated their new proposed location literally adjacent to the High School.

If this goes to SCOTUS and gets knocked down you can move me from sometimes Trump apologist to full on Trumpanzee.

If Trump’s SCOTUS gets the bums out of Seattle I will buy a MAGA hat and wear it with pride.
    But I don't understand how you think SCOTUS is going to get rid of your city council.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

But I don't understand how you think SCOTUS is going to get rid of your city council.
    This was an attempt at humor you robot.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    Swaye's Wigwam

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fuck Disneyland for killing Bear Country Jamboree.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,745
    When did it become a citites obligation to provide "shelters"?
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,775
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

What about your two dads?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

What about your two dads?
    They voted for him.
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    As long as there is no option of sleeping indoors, the government cannot criminalize indigent, homeless people for sleeping outdoors, on public property, on the false premise they had a choice in the matter... A municipality cannot criminalize such behavior consistently with the Eighth Amendment when no sleeping space is practically available in any shelter.

An easy end around for Boise is to make homeless shelters drug free and require a negative drug test for admittance. The shelters would be mostly empty allowing the city to evict the drug addicted homeless.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

As long as there is no option of sleeping indoors, the government cannot criminalize indigent, homeless people for sleeping outdoors, on public property, on the false premise they had a choice in the matter... A municipality cannot criminalize such behavior consistently with the Eighth Amendment when no sleeping space is practically available in any shelter.

An easy end around for Boise is to make homeless shelters drug free and require a negative drug test for admittance. The shelters would be mostly empty allowing the city to evict the drug addicted homeless.

I can’t imagine that it’s much different in other areas but the homeless turn down spaces in shelters here in SF all the time, because they can’t do drugs and the can’t drink booze in the shelters

They are making a choice to live on the streets because they can do whatever the fuck they want
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter
    I’m too lazy to look this up, but has anyone taken city governments to court for not enforcing the laws? I think of the boutique shop owner in the KOMO piece who had to move because of the damage done to her shop and how the crime drove away her customers. Could she sue for damages?

I’d be interested to hear the HH in house counsel’s thoughts.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583

I’m too lazy to look this up, but has anyone taken city governments to court for not enforcing the laws? I think of the boutique shop owner in the KOMO piece who had to move because of the damage done to her shop and how the crime drove away her customers. Could she sue for damages?

I’d be interested to hear the HH in house counsel’s thoughts.

Focus on the bradley Cooper woman