Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Roger Rosengarten, 2020 4* OL, Littleton (Valor Christian), CO (COMMITTED)

Comments

• DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

That fact that Roger ran a 4.8 laser timed 40 is crazy to me lol.

Where did he run? Was he at the Opening?
    Yeah, 4.85 at the opening

That's fast! Gonna look for his tape there.
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

That's fast! Gonna look for his tape there.
    Haven't found anything other than some random radio dude from Colorado being the source...
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2019
    @GrundleStiltzkin silence on his ability to holding the bag speaks volumes
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,792
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Roger didn't post any hudl yet this year, but his teammate we just offered has 10+ minutes of TD runs. Hard not to just watch Roger every play, he's killing dudes.

I reserve the right to change my mind, but RR is my #1 player in this class right now.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4277399/5da4ab8c8cd40b0d282e1f53

This Sawchuck guy has elite burst. Is he a 5 star?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,097
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Here's why a strong 40 time for an OL really matters:

1) You can't run a strong 40 without having an explosive start and the ability to get up to top speed relatively quickly

2) The ability for an OL to pull is critical in the run game ... and if you view some of the future of the running game what Oklahoma does, then pulling tackles is a look into the future

3) If you want a more passing forward offense, having OL that can get out and down the field blocking athletic LBs and DBs in the screen game (both RB and WR) is critical ... it's an area that we could experience significant improvement in from an execution standpoint

What's a "screen game"? Is that that thing where somebody catches the ball and gets immediately destroyed? Yeah, I think I recall seeing that a few times.
    Sometimes the other team scores a touchdown
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Linemen with babyfaces are generally mean and nasty
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    FireCohen said:

@GrundleStiltzkin silence on his ability to holding the bag speaks volumes

Elite.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

1) You can't run a strong 40 without having an explosive start and the ability to get up to top speed relatively quickly

2) The ability for an OL to pull is critical in the run game ... and if you view some of the future of the running game what Oklahoma does, then pulling tackles is a look into the future

3) If you want a more passing forward offense, having OL that can get out and down the field blocking athletic LBs and DBs in the screen game (both RB and WR) is critical ... it's an area that we could experience significant improvement in from an execution standpoint

If you predicate your offense on linemen sprinting 40 yards, you're doing it wrong, and shouldn't be coaching Pop Warner. Give me an OL's 10 yard time, vertical, or agility drill numbers. If you absolutely can't get those other numbers, the 40 is a relatively bad proxy for explosiveness and quickness that is strictly speaking better than nothing.

All else being equal, I guess a fast 40 time is kinda neat. But, I guess it would be neat to have an OL who excels in passing or receiving drills, too.
  • TheironshiekTheironshiek Member Posts: 167
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    Nice try on the positive spin. Needs to get his weight back up.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Too much healthy food at Valor. Needs fast food IMO
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Emoterman said:

Tequilla said:

If you predicate your offense on linemen sprinting 40 yards, you're doing it wrong, and shouldn't be coaching Pop Warner. Give me an OL's 10 yard time, vertical, or agility drill numbers. If you absolutely can't get those other numbers, the 40 is a relatively bad proxy for explosiveness and quickness that is strictly speaking better than nothing.

All else being equal, I guess a fast 40 time is kinda neat. But, I guess it would be neat to have an OL who excels in passing or receiving drills, too.
    There are many outliers that prove you don’t need a great 40 to be a great OL, but more athleticism is always good. It won’t mean shit if he is soft and can’t block or is too dumb to pick up blitzes and stunts, but he’s good and this shows he’s an exceptional athlete for an OL.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Nice try on the positive spin. Needs to get his weight back up.

Not concerned about this at all. RR is going to be really good, but the spin given when “their recruits” don’t do well has always bothered me.

“I see 6 picks as a good thing. It shows he trusts his arm.”

“High School doesn’t matter.” Except when they do well, then I’ll get excited about I.