Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Ironically, I owe you a Coke! lololollollolloolloo

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,535
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    The TBS crowd can bitch all they want about recruiting, but this guy turns 3 stars into fucking machines

I have no problem with him staying on staff
  • Options
    Founders Club

The TBS crowd can bitch all they want about recruiting, but this guy turns 3 stars into fucking machines

@PurpleJ agrees.

I think he's both a good coach and we could do better.

I'll never understand him as recruiting coordinator.
    You dont replace the RB coach when you just had a 4 year starter go for 1000+ every year.

We also really have no clue what his role is as recruiting coordinator. For all we know he mentored Malloe.
  • Options

Ahmed is the test for Boner

agree
  • Options

@PurpleJ agrees.

He was Mountain West recruiter of the year once. That was a big selling point when he was brought in IIRC
  • Options
    Founders Club

@PurpleJ agrees.

You dont replace the RB coach when you just had a 4 year starter go for 1000+ every year.

We also really have no clue what his role is as recruiting coordinator. For all we know he mentored Malloe.
    Considering he's never gotten close to the recruiting results Malloe has, safe to say that no he did not.

Gaskin's success doesn't really speak to KB' doing much, IMO. Did he improve significantly at anything from his frosh to his senior year? He came in pretty much a finished product.

If you want to argue for KB as a great coach Coleman's progress speaks a lot louder than Gaskin's does.
    His RBs at Boise were good too. He has not had a shitty RB.
  • Options

@PurpleJ agrees.

Considering he's never gotten close to the recruiting results Malloe has, safe to say that no he did not.

Gaskin's success doesn't really speak to KB' doing much, IMO. Did he improve significantly at anything from his frosh to his senior year? He came in pretty much a finished product.

If you want to argue for KB as a great coach Coleman's progress speaks a lot louder than Gaskin's does.
    His RBs at Boise were good too. He has not had a shitty RB.
    Right. And he was a quality recruiter for the level at Boise as noted above. He has not demonstrated that he's a quality recruiter at this level. Can he sustain great results without great recruits? We'll see.
  • Options

@PurpleJ agrees.

We really don't know how much he does as recruiting coordinator. He might have zero interaction with recruits but still be setting everyone else up for success with some serious heavy lifting. No way to know unless you are inside the program.

Ops guys always assume that Project Managers don't do anything because we show up and stand around while they do the work. Nevermind all the requirements, budgeting, research, design, planning, etc. it took to make it so they could just simply show up to do their work.
    There should be support staff for this at a program with Washington's resources. No need to waste a valuable coaching roster spot on a project manager.