Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

BREAKING: Peterman officially brings Bonerpopper back for 2019

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Gaskin was a finished product. Cam Davis looks like he is as well. If Cam Davis is getting equal carries with Salvon by the end of the year then we'll know KB's coaching doesn't matter.

If Ahmed or Pleasant has a big year, and it's because they're playing better and not just because of the OL, maybe us recruiting fags will back off a little bit.

Whether or not he's a good "administrator" as recruiting coordinator doesn't matter. We shouldn't have a position coach serving as recruiting coordinator. That should be a separate position.

We have a scouting staff who do great work behind the scenes. Where's the recruiting staff? Why is it all on the coaches? Cohen needs to look at how Ohio State does it and pony up some cash.

1) WHY DON'T WE GET COACHES THAT CAN COACH AND RECRUIT???? How about both??? JFC. It's not that complicated. I know this, we better have a fucking amazing running back this year because KB's had 5 fucking years to get some dudes and hasn't hit one fucking birdie in recruiting. He has a fucking beta approach to crootin, quite honestly.

2) We do have a decently extensive crootin staff these days... Cooper "I hate Marcus Peters publicly" Petagna, Aaron Burks, etc.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,274
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The TBS crowd can bitch all they want about recruiting, but this guy turns 3 stars into fucking machines

I have no problem with him staying on staff

@PurpleJ agrees.

I think he's both a good coach and we could do better.

I'll never understand him as recruiting coordinator.
    You dont replace the RB coach when you just had a 4 year starter go for 1000+ every year.

We also really have no clue what his role is as recruiting coordinator. For all we know he mentored Malloe.
    Considering he's never gotten close to the recruiting results Malloe has, safe to say that no he did not.

Gaskin's success doesn't really speak to KB' doing much, IMO. Did he improve significantly at anything from his frosh to his senior year? He came in pretty much a finished product.

If you want to argue for KB as a great coach Coleman's progress speaks a lot louder than Gaskin's does.
    We really don't know how much he does as recruiting coordinator. He might have zero interaction with recruits but still be setting everyone else up for success with some serious heavy lifting. No way to know unless you are inside the program.

Ops guys always assume that Project Managers don't do anything because we show up and stand around while they do the work. Nevermind all the requirements, budgeting, research, design, planning, etc. it took to make it so they could just simply show up to do their work.
    There should be support staff for this at a program with Washington's resources. No need to waste a valuable coaching roster spot on a project manager.
    Support staff still need someone to manage and direct them. Just because you move up the strategic pyramid doesn't mean you do less work.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

The TBS crowd can bitch all they want about recruiting, but this guy turns 3 stars into fucking machines

@PurpleJ agrees.

You dont replace the RB coach when you just had a 4 year starter go for 1000+ every year.

We also really have no clue what his role is as recruiting coordinator. For all we know he mentored Malloe.
    Considering he's never gotten close to the recruiting results Malloe has, safe to say that no he did not.

Gaskin's success doesn't really speak to KB' doing much, IMO. Did he improve significantly at anything from his frosh to his senior year? He came in pretty much a finished product.

If you want to argue for KB as a great coach Coleman's progress speaks a lot louder than Gaskin's does.

Ops guys always assume that Project Managers don't do anything because we show up and stand around while they do the work. Nevermind the new software that completes all the requirements, budgeting, research, design, planning, etc. it took to make it so they could just simply show up to do their work.
    Great to be You!
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,274
    Swaye's Wigwam

@PurpleJ agrees.

Ops guys always assume that Project Managers don't do anything because we show up and stand around while they do the work. Nevermind the new software that completes all the requirements, budgeting, research, design, planning, etc. it took to make it so they could just simply show up to do their work.
    Great to be You!
    *shrug, the more automation I get the more work I can do, the more projects we can complete, the more I can get paid. It's all my support staff that gets trimmed by automation. For me, it would just mean more productivity. Digging ditches by hand vs. having an excavator.

I digress, my point is simply that there's a lot to recruiting and none of us know how much KB is doing in the background as RC. KB still needs to recruit and coach his position.

Say we split KB's position responsibilities as such.
    1. 15% Recruiting Coordinator
    2. 35% Position Recruiting
    3. 50% Position Development & Coaching
    Even if he's doing an ace job at #1 it's not enough to make up for if he's not killing it at the other two. My only point is that if he is doing an ace job at #1 it can move a C grade for the other things into a B grade overall. Assign these grades and percentages as you wish.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,971
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

@PurpleJ agrees.

Great to be You!
    *shrug, the more automation I get the more work I can do, the more projects we can complete, the more I can get paid. It's all my support staff that gets trimmed by automation. For me, it would just mean more productivity. Digging ditches by hand vs. having an excavator.

I digress, my point is simply that there's a lot to recruiting and none of us know how much KB is doing in the background as RC. KB still needs to recruit and coach his position.

Say we split KB's position responsibilities as such.
    1. 15% Recruiting Coordinator
    2. 35% Position Recruiting
    3. 50% Position Development & Coaching
    Even if he's doing an ace job at #1 it's not enough to make up for if he's not killing it at the other two. My only point is that if he is doing an ace job at #1 it can move a C grade for the other things into a B grade overall. Assign these grades and percentages as you wish.
    I like this a lot though honestly I would prefer to take his position recruiting, and powwows, down to zero and put that portion in its entirety on the shoulders of peterman and bush- whomever is more responsible for giving them passes on recruiting so likely peterman.

I think the likelihood of your solution occurring is a lil bit higher than my idea though.

Ima LIPO this year with RB and TE crootin but I already have my bottles of bleach packaged and ready to ship with addresses to bonerpop and POW POW if needed.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

Gaskin was a finished product. Cam Davis looks like he is as well. If Cam Davis is getting equal carries with Salvon by the end of the year then we'll know KB's coaching doesn't matter.

If Ahmed or Pleasant has a big year, and it's because they're playing better and not just because of the OL, maybe us recruiting fags will back off a little bit.

Whether or not he's a good "administrator" as recruiting coordinator doesn't matter. We shouldn't have a position coach serving as recruiting coordinator. That should be a separate position.

We have a scouting staff who do great work behind the scenes. Where's the recruiting staff? Why is it all on the coaches? Cohen needs to look at how Ohio State does it and pony up some cash.

1) WHY DON'T WE GET COACHES THAT CAN COACH AND RECRUIT???? How about both??? JFC. It's not that complicated. I know this, we better have a fucking amazing running back this year because KB's had 5 fucking years to get some dudes and hasn't hit one fucking birdie in recruiting. He has a fucking beta approach to crootin, quite honestly.

2) We do have a decently extensive crootin staff these days... Cooper "I hate Marcus Peters publicly" Petagna, Aaron Burks, etc.
    Dude I've been calling for Boner's head just as much as you have. The only olive branch I extended the doogs here is that MAYBE I'll be a little less hard on him if some of raw recruits show significant progress, which by the way I don't think is actually going to happen. I agree that he's not getting the job done and I don't see how your first point has anything at all to do with what I said.

As for your second point. Petagna should be doing the job of a recruiting coordinator, and he should have more assistants. We don't need a position coach wasting time on that if it's affecting his position group.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Domicillo said:

This is basically - uhhhh - he's not doing good in crootin, let's give him a public boost so we are not wholly ignored this year.

It won't work.

If the AD had been promoting his players better while they were on campus, that would have helped him out a lot more in recruiting than having his former players try to promote him now.
    Whoever runs the twitter reads this bored.

I’m slightly encouraged by the fact they are doing anything. It’s not much, nor properly spaced amongst days or weeks, but it’s a smidge better than nothing.

Baby steps... remember they are gook grads running our marketing dept.
    I know everyone generally ignores your milquetoast comments, but racial slurs are not the right approach to getting noticed.
    Really disagree with this.
    Racial slurs against whites don’t count. I wouldn’t dream of depriving you of that.
  • Options
    bearcats6969bearcats6969 Member Posts: 77
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    if he really wanted to recruit talent he would come to cincinnati and turn us back into a national powerhouse. more talent in ohio than on the west coast if were being honest
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943

if he really wanted to recruit talent he would come to cincinnati and turn us back into a national powerhouse. more talent in ohio than on the west coast if were being honest

Get a 4star recruit one time in your life and then pop off.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

Get a 4star recruit one time in your life and then pop off.
    They got one last year.
  • Options
    I bet you liberal doogs cried yourselves to sleep when Jussie Smollett was caught lying (like Michael Bennett). Bryce young will never go to UW as long as Cincinnati is still playing football
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,545
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Last time the cats were relevant nationally?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Domicillo said:

This is basically - uhhhh - he's not doing good in crootin, let's give him a public boost so we are not wholly ignored this year.

It won't work.

If the AD had been promoting his players better while they were on campus, that would have helped him out a lot more in recruiting than having his former players try to promote him now.
    Whoever runs the twitter reads this bored.

I’m slightly encouraged by the fact they are doing anything. It’s not much, nor properly spaced amongst days or weeks, but it’s a smidge better than nothing.

Baby steps... remember they are gook grads running our marketing dept.
    I know everyone generally ignores your milquetoast comments, but racial slurs are not the right approach to getting noticed.
    Really disagree with this.
    Racial slurs against whites don’t count. I wouldn’t dream of depriving you of that.
    DDY has zero opinions on racist comments. He’s disagreeing with your milquetoast comment.

Still don’t know WTF that means...Asshole.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    This thread is stupid. As a coach he is excellent imo, but as a recruiter he lazy as fuck. I think he could do it, he would just stop acting thirsty and focus on getting recruits, but he too busy following hot chicks online
  • Options

Well we won 3 natty championships in dance from 2004-2006 so that was sweet. Brb, gotta meet my uncle and his new friend Bob at the gloryhole
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,999

This thread is stupid. As a coach he is excellent imo, but as a recruiter he lazy as fuck. I think he could do it, he would just stop acting thirsty and focus on getting recruits, but he too busy following hot chicks online

ykw
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    EwaDawg said:

ykw
    yryk......fuckme