Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NY Post: Don’t expect apologies from the left over Jussie Smollett ‘attack’ fraud

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,749
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

SFGbob said:

As long as Jussie apologizes publicly, and tells the world he has grown from this experience, Hollywood will be back on team Jussie. It will then spin to..."Because of this situation, we need to be even more aware of homophobic and racial attacks against our community. This will only embolden the oppressors, so we MUST be even more vigilant to these matters".

I'm not saying this stuff doesn't happen, because it definitely does and it's terrible. But, we also need to hold people accountable who try and lie about these acts as well, as it hurts the actual victims the most.

bottom line it's fucking retarded to make up a story that you were attacked, for political purposes or otherwise just to get attention.
    I agree, but for some reason a hell of lot of libs continue to do it and the MSM continues to swallow. It was obvious to anyone with brain that on day one his story was bullshit, but that didn't even give a sense of pause to the left.
    Politics serves some legitimate purposes, but one thing it also does is give people a sense that they belong to something. I don't know why so many people gravitate to politics to satisfy that need. I satisfy it through my family, friends, the people I work with and, to a degree, shared enthusiasm for sports teams. But a lot of people are attracted to political groups to achieve a sense of belonging, and I've never understood the appeal.

A hallmark of the left, there's no denying it, is a sense of self-righteousness. Those who lean far left and who feel that sense of having the real right answers tend to be the loud-mouthed faction of the group who think they're on a mission from a higher power. Once that shit gets into your head, you don't think the rules apply to you and you can justify anything.

I lean left on a dozen or so issues, but I'm clear that there can be a mob mentality with elements of the left, and I don't like it. There was a group of women, professional women, at my old company who were a little such mob. Not lying about shit (that I know of), but they thought they were the source of moral truth for the organization, thought it was ok to rip on certain things etc. And though I'm Cuban, I'm white and you couldn't pick me out of a crowd of anglo-saxon men to save your life; and I certainly found myself on the wrong end of that cackle of goons a time or two. I had to watch my fucking back.

I may side with some of the liberal posters here on this or that, but I'm pretty firmly against political correctness.

The news is down to following suit with the country's polarization, picking a side and selling to their viewers. That's probably the worst thing of all.
    White Cuban? Does this mean you are actually a Spaniard?
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,131
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

As long as Jussie apologizes publicly, and tells the world he has grown from this experience, Hollywood will be back on team Jussie. It will then spin to..."Because of this situation, we need to be even more aware of homophobic and racial attacks against our community. This will only embolden the oppressors, so we MUST be even more vigilant to these matters".

I'm not saying this stuff doesn't happen, because it definitely does and it's terrible. But, we also need to hold people accountable who try and lie about these acts as well, as it hurts the actual victims the most.

bottom line it's fucking retarded to make up a story that you were attacked, for political purposes or otherwise just to get attention.
    I agree, but for some reason a hell of lot of libs continue to do it and the MSM continues to swallow. It was obvious to anyone with brain that on day one his story was bullshit, but that didn't even give a sense of pause to the left.
    Politics serves some legitimate purposes, but one thing it also does is give people a sense that they belong to something. I don't know why so many people gravitate to politics to satisfy that need. I satisfy it through my family, friends, the people I work with and, to a degree, shared enthusiasm for sports teams. But a lot of people are attracted to political groups to achieve a sense of belonging, and I've never understood the appeal.

A hallmark of the left, there's no denying it, is a sense of self-righteousness. Those who lean far left and who feel that sense of having the real right answers tend to be the loud-mouthed faction of the group who think they're on a mission from a higher power. Once that shit gets into your head, you don't think the rules apply to you and you can justify anything.

I lean left on a dozen or so issues, but I'm clear that there can be a mob mentality with elements of the left, and I don't like it. There was a group of women, professional women, at my old company who were a little such mob. Not lying about shit (that I know of), but they thought they were the source of moral truth for the organization, thought it was ok to rip on certain things etc. And though I'm Cuban, I'm white and you couldn't pick me out of a crowd of anglo-saxon men to save your life; and I certainly found myself on the wrong end of that cackle of goons a time or two. I had to watch my fucking back.

I may side with some of the liberal posters here on this or that, but I'm pretty firmly against political correctness.

The news is down to following suit with the country's polarization, picking a side and selling to their viewers. That's probably the worst thing of all.
    I think the failed naval invasion of England should have been a clue.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,775
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

SFGbob said:

-paws
    FREE FUCKING PUB!!!
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Why do you ignore those on the right that fall for the Seth Rich story and pizzagate? For example.
    Because they are a mere fraction of the left-wingers that fall for these fake hate crime stories and because the MSM doesn't run with those stories and promote them the way they do these fake hate crime stories.

Did you have GOP Presidential candidates talking about how they believed the Pizzagate story? Was Pizza gate reported on every National news outlet as if it were a real and serious story?

Did you swallow like a bitch and claim that I didn't believe Smollets story because it didn't fit my narrative?
    So pizza gate and the Seth Rich story perpetuated on the most watched news Network doesn't bother you?
    So moving the goal posts and fucking strawman ass when you don't get the answer you're looking for doesn't bother you?

Pizza gate got coverage on Hannity's show. That's it.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

Yes.

Cuba's relationship with Spain is much like England's with the US. It was the most important and favorite colony.

There is an old saying in Spain that is somewhat analogous to our idiomatic phrase, "No sense in crying over spilled milk", which goes: "Mas se perdió en Cuba". Which means, literally, "More was lost in Cuba." When Spaniards misplace something or make some kind of little mistake, they say that in the same sense we mean with the milk phrase. It translates roughly to, "hey, maintain some perspective; the day we lost Cuba was a bad day."

My grandparents were Spaniards from Barcelona. So, yeah, I guess so.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Not trying to be a dick but India was England's favorite colony.

They weren't called the Jewel of the British Crown for nothing.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    SFGbob said:

Fair point. I guess the revolution didn't help matters either.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Fair point. I guess the revolution didn't help matters either.
    Even before the revolution many in England saw America as more trouble than it was worth.
  • Options

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

Yes.

Cuba's relationship with Spain is much like England's with the US. It was the most important and favorite colony.

There is an old saying in Spain that is somewhat analogous to our idiomatic phrase, "No sense in crying over spilled milk", which goes: "Mas se perdió en Cuba". Which means, literally, "More was lost in Cuba." When Spaniards misplace something or make some kind of little mistake, they say that in the same sense we mean with the milk phrase. It translates roughly to, "hey, maintain some perspective; the day we lost Cuba was a bad day."

My grandparents were Spaniards from Barcelona. So, yeah, I guess so.
    Another angry white European male.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
  • Options
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Founders Club
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2019
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Why do you ignore those on the right that fall for the Seth Rich story and pizzagate? For example.
    Because they are a mere fraction of the left-wingers that fall for these fake hate crime stories and because the MSM doesn't run with those stories and promote them the way they do these fake hate crime stories.

Did you have GOP Presidential candidates talking about how they believed the Pizzagate story? Was Pizza gate reported on every National news outlet as if it were a real and serious story?

Did you swallow like a bitch and claim that I didn't believe Smollets story because it didn't fit my narrative?
    So pizza gate and the Seth Rich story perpetuated on the most watched news Network doesn't bother you?
    So moving the goal posts and fucking strawman ass when you don't get the answer you're looking for doesn't bother you?

Hannity routinely has the most watched show in cable news.

Serious question Bob. For a dude who screams about liars. How can you seriously defend pizza gate and the Seth Rich story? Being repeated on the most watched cable news Network.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Serious question Bob. For a dude who screams about liars. How can you seriously defend pizza gate and the Seth Rich story? Being repeated on the most watched cable news Network.
    But but but but ....
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

How can I seriously do something I never did? Gosh Hondo, I don't know.

Hondo's such a dumbfuck he thinks Pizzagate got as much mainstream news coverage as Smolletts did.

Unlike you and Smolletts Hondo, I never swallowed like a bitch the Pizzagate story.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,584
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    The weirdest thing about the whole thing was This is MAGA country!

Because how would you pronounce that out loud?

Mah gah? May ga?

No one has ever said that acronym out loud
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

No one has ever said that acronym out loud