Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Chinsightful.

Comments

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    My takeaway: Organized Religion is bad. Some assholes do some stupid shit in the name of their God.

Can we? start taxing the churches up in this bitch? Or does that violate some kind of bullshit, antiquated law?
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Organized religion may or may not be bad but it's undeniable that some religions are far more murderous and intolerant than other religions.

Hondo and O'Keefed running interference for a religion that tosses gays off buildings is just an extra bonus.

SFGbob said:

Organized religion may or may not be bad but it's undeniable that some religions are far more murderous and intolerant than other religions.

Hondo and O'Keefed running interference for a religion that tosses gays off buildings is just an extra bonus.

Agreed. In the present day, the extremists of the Islam faith (ISIS and it's ilk) are not doing anything to make it look like the religion of peace. They are grasping for power and using their "faith" as a crutch. I'd guess that many of the people that join the jihad are unemployed, poor, mentally weak or on the margins of their society in some other way.

The great majority of Muslims aren't out committing acts of terror, beheadings, stonings, etc.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

SFGbob said:

Agreed. In the present day, the extremists of the Islam faith (ISIS and it's ilk) are not doing anything to make it look like the religion of peace. They are grasping for power and using their "faith" as a crutch. I'd guess that many of the people that join the jihad are unemployed, poor, mentally weak or on the margins of their society in some other way.

The great majority of Muslims aren't out committing acts of terror, beheadings, stonings, etc.
    That's the exact point they don't understand. There are shitty Muslims. There are shitty Christians. Look at Mexico.

There shitty stuff said in the Quran. There's shitty stuff said in the Bible.

Christians and Muslims in America are mostly peaceful. The issue in the middle East isn't the religion, it's the shitty cultures they live in. And some people use religion as the excuse.

I always chuckle too at the idiots on the right, or Christians I know, that say the peaceful Muslims are just sleepers awaiting their orders to kill Christians.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We don't understand

That's it. Nailed it
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,463

SFGbob said:

The great majority tacitly approves and provides funding. This would have been over long ago if they turned them in. HTH
    Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

The great majority tacitly approves and provides funding. This would have been over long ago if they turned them in. HTH
    Source for your info? Or did you hear this from Muslim's at the shooting range?
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Wasn't true of the 9/11 terrorists.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    People forget that Osama Bin Laden was a rich kid with rich parents who had everything going for him in life

His religion trumped (lol) all that
    Standard Supporter
    edited February 2019

No, that's the strawman ass fuck you want to argue against because you're too stupid to argue against what I've said. I've certainly never said that a majority of Muslims are terrorists.

The issue in the middle East isn't the religion, it's the shitty cultures they live in. And some people use religion as the excuse.

Yeah and everyone knows that religion, especially when living in a theocratic Muslim country, has no influence on the culture of that country.

I always chuckle when liberals I know pull claims straight out of their ass and then try to attribute them to Christians they know. Why don't you base your arguments on what people here have said or claimed Hondo instead of using these "Christians" you know who conveniently say stupid things that sound exactly like some bullshit claim you'd make?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

No, that's the strawman ass fuck you want to argue against because you're too stupid to argue against what I've said. I've certainly never said that a majority of Muslims are terrorists.

The issue in the middle East isn't the religion, it's the shitty cultures they live in. And some people use religion as the excuse.

Yeah and everyone knows that religion, especially when living in a theocratic Muslim country, has no influence on the culture of that country.

I always chuckle when liberals I know pull claims straight out of their ass and then try to attribute them to Christians they know. Why don't you base your arguments on what people here have said or claimed Hondo instead of using these "Christians" you know who conveniently say stupid things that sound exactly like some bullshit claim you'd make?

Hondo having stupid friends is the least surprising thing ever

They are still mad about their refunds too
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 18,949
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

People forget that Osama Bin Laden was a rich kid with rich parents who had everything going for him in life

OBL didn’t volunteer for any suicide missions either.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

OBL didn’t volunteer for any suicide missions either.
    Yes he did

The day he gave the green light he was dead

And the 11 who died on 9-11 were also well off but still
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Hondo having stupid friends is the least surprising thing ever

They are still mad about their refunds too
    And isn't it amazing that his stupid friend are always saying things that fit so neatly into his stupid little claims.
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

What wasn't true?
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

What wasn't true?
    that many of the people that join the jihad are unemployed, poor, mentally weak or on the margins of their society in some other way.
    SFGbob said:

Holy fuck dude. I agreed with you and then get that raft of bullshit. Fuck off. You aren't very good at the message board thing, especially quoting posts you want to interact with. It's not rocket surgery.

You can have your "all muslims are bad" stance. I'll disagree.
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Holy fuck dude. I agreed with you and then get that raft of bullshit. Fuck off. You aren't very good at the message board thing, especially quoting posts you want to interact with. It's not rocket surgery.

You can have your "all muslims are bad" stance. I'll disagree.
    Sorry I was responding to Hondo.
    Standard Supporter
    edited February 2019
    That's the exact point they don't understand. There are shitty Muslims. There are shitty Christians. Look at Mexico.

Hondo was claiming that what you said is a point that I don't understand which is total bullshit.
    SFGbob said:

Hondo was claiming that what you said is a point that I don't understand which is total bullshit.

Huh?

To say that Christians did/don't hide behind "God" and "The Bible" to do evil is intellectually dishonest. Humans basically suck and will use whatever tool they can to gain power/money/influence. I'm not saying that's what your trying to say.

Islam is #winning the shitty religion contest right now and it's not even close.

I don't even know what "look at Mexico" even means, but I'm open to an explanation.