Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Brandon Kaho Commemorative Collegiate Career Impact Forecast - 2019 Results

Comments

• Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Woof said:

Sorry for this being so spread out, but I've been traveling and I incorrectly thought I could finish it up last night, and again before my flight this morning.

Coach grades which are likely a bit out of date given the Puka news

Flunking out and soon doing mid-level-marketing tier:
    Lubick - 0.03 GPA, with his only 2 Ds coming from @Saracen and @Samoyed
    Paopao - 0.17 GPA, with an A from @bread (I assume a typo, but maybe not?) and 7 people who gave him a D
    Bhonapha - 1.28 GPA, with 4 Bs from @KrunkJuice @1to392831weretaken @AlCzervik and @Bread - they all must have been super happy with Cam Davis

Likely gonna end up in retail tier:
    Hamdan - 1.91 GPA, if he fixes the offense, NOGAF about his recruiting. Got his only A from @AlCzervik and Fs from @DoogCourics @Neighbor2972 and @NorwegianHusky
    Harris - 2.02 GPA, an enigma wrapped in a question this year, given he was mostly focused on 2020 guys. Or at least that's what we're hoping given his 2019 performance. Received As from @1to392831weretaken and @Saracen , but Fs from @kh83 @theknowledge @Mad_Son and @NorwegianHusky

Had a good year and mom won't complain too much tier:
    Kwiatkowski - 2.97 GPA, which is probably 2.95 points higher than his 2016-2018 rating would have been. Got Ds from @Samoyed and @jhfstyle24
    Gregory - 3.02 GPA, which is also way over his career average. Ds from @ImHuskyYouFat @Mad_Son and @Rubberfist . Who else did you guys want him to get?

Honor roll:
    Huff - 3.48 GPA, with all As and Bs
    Lake - 3.88 GPA with only 8 Bs
    Malloe - 3.96 GPA with 2 Bs from @HuskyJW and @Bread who I guess wanted Wright/Ika as well?

Overall:
    Coach Pete had a GPA of 2.89, which I think would likely be a bit higher with the Puka news. @Swaye gave him an F and @NorwegianHusky gave him a D, but everyone else was C or above.

Given the dooging that occurred in the BKCCCIF numbers, it came as no surprise to me that 86% of you believe Sav'ell Smalls will sign with UW next year.

Lastly, the doogliest grader was none other than @Tequilla who AVERAGED a 4.18 on his ratings, while @whatshouldicareabout averaged only a 3.18 (only a slight step above this year's departing class).

Congrats to @TTJ for being the highest correlation with the group on his ratings, while @Samoyed had the lowest correlation.

If you guys liked this, I'll try to do it again next year. Suggestions are welcome.

@Bread gave Paopao, Bonerpooper, and Malloe the same grade. Let that sink in.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Sources said:

Woof said:

Sorry for this being so spread out, but I've been traveling and I incorrectly thought I could finish it up last night, and again before my flight this morning.

Paopao - 0.17 GPA, with an A from @bread (I assume a typo, but maybe not?) and 7 people who gave him a D
    Bhonapha - 1.28 GPA, with 4 Bs from @KrunkJuice @1to392831weretaken @AlCzervik and @Bread - they all must have been super happy with Cam Davis

Hamdan - 1.91 GPA, if he fixes the offense, NOGAF about his recruiting. Got his only A from @AlCzervik and Fs from @DoogCourics @Neighbor2972 and @NorwegianHusky
    Harris - 2.02 GPA, an enigma wrapped in a question this year, given he was mostly focused on 2020 guys. Or at least that's what we're hoping given his 2019 performance. Received As from @1to392831weretaken and @Saracen , but Fs from @kh83 @theknowledge @Mad_Son and @NorwegianHusky

Kwiatkowski - 2.97 GPA, which is probably 2.95 points higher than his 2016-2018 rating would have been. Got Ds from @Samoyed and @jhfstyle24
    Gregory - 3.02 GPA, which is also way over his career average. Ds from @ImHuskyYouFat @Mad_Son and @Rubberfist . Who else did you guys want him to get?

Honor roll:
    Malloe - 3.96 GPA with 2 Bs from @HuskyJW and @Bread who I guess wanted Wright/Ika as well?

Overall:
    Coach Pete had a GPA of 2.89, which I think would likely be a bit higher with the Puka news. @Swaye gave him an F and @NorwegianHusky gave him a D, but everyone else was C or above.

Given the dooging that occurred in the BKCCCIF numbers, it came as no surprise to me that 86% of you believe Sav'ell Smalls will sign with UW next year.

Lastly, the doogliest grader was none other than @Tequilla who AVERAGED a 4.18 on his ratings, while @whatshouldicareabout averaged only a 3.18 (only a slight step above this year's departing class).

Congrats to @TTJ for being the highest correlation with the group on his ratings, while @Samoyed had the lowest correlation.

If you guys liked this, I'll try to do it again next year. Suggestions are welcome.

DISAGREE.

He? gave Boner and Malloe Bs and Powpow an A.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sources said:

Woof said:

Honor roll:

Overall:

DISAGREE.

He? gave Boner and Malloe Bs and Powpow an A.
    Ah, you're right. It's worse than I thought.
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tried to post this yesterday, but my post was held up for validation.

I jumped the gun a bit, and @NorwegianHusky was not the runner up on lowest score, but he was one of the early leaders and finished tied for 6th.

Highest average scores:
    1) @Tequilla - 4.18
    T2) @Edwin_Bambino and @Samoyed - 4.09
    T4) @insinceredawg @KrunkJuice @AlCzervik @seatownfunk and @HUSKYFANATIC - 4.00

Lowest average scores:
    1) @whatshouldicareabout - 3.09
    2) @biak1 - 3.14
    3) @spuden - 3.18
    T4) @Houhusky and @Neighbor2972 - 3.23

Highest correlation with results (scholarship guys only):
    1) @TTJ - 0.951
    2) @FKA_Mousecop - 0.941
    3) @backthepack - 0.930
    4) @DawgFader - 0.926
    5) @BeerThirty - 0.918

Lowest correlation with results (scholarship guys only):
    1) @Samoyed - 0.429 (Graded out with 3 5s, 18 4s, and a single 3 to Dylan Morris)
    2) @HuskyJW - 0.549
    3) @GreenRiverGatorz - 0.588
    4) @bananasnblondes - 0.591
    5) @ImHuskyYouFat - 0.594
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I’m doogin lol
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    I know you are being sarcastic, but I was curious about that too, so I will do that sometime next week.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Woof said:

@TheChart WTF man. I mean really, WHAT THE FUCK?
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    Woof said:

FREE PUB!!{!!11!
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Woof said:

I don’t know if this means I’m good or bad at this.

@UW_Doog_Bot please to be helping me.

In the meantime I’m going to just assume I did awesome.

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Woof said:

So much free pub. I’m gonna quit my day job and start a pod.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,178
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What MIGHT be interesting is if you took the net HH scores and matched them up against the recruiting rankings/grades and see where there were significant differences. Guys like KamFab who may have been more or less overlooked but we fell in love with. Similar to how we always compare 247 and composite to see where there might be bias.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

Hmm, and I thought I was overly optimistic/generous.

The scores seem a tad skewed, there are going to be a few players that flame out or never contribute but no one really wants to give a 1 or 2.

Seems like most people graded most of the recruits on a 3-5 scale?

Giving the class an average predictive grade of 3.7+ doesn't seem realistic.

Most players are going to end up like a Jaylen Johnson or Tevis "3"... More will flame out as 1s or 2s than achieve All-American MMFG 5s.

@Woof How does the percentage distribution of 1-5 grades compare to the Jesse Callier grades given out historically? Also how have the average Jesse Callier grades changed over time?

Thanks, leave it on my desk, Ill be back after lunch.

How do you predict which ones are going to underperform? Did you arbitrarily pick some guys as flameouts/disappointments so your average would stay at what you deemed to be a realistic level?

Nothing wrong with rating guys lower than the services and most everyone else if it's based in your own evals.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Safe to say @Mosster47 s composite score fell below 3? @MikeSeaver ?