Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Brandon Kaho Commemorative Collegiate Career Impact Forecast - 2019 Results

Thank you to everyone who participated, even those of you that forgot which alt you used to sign up with and voted under a different handle which was really fucking confusing for me.

Loots of dooging for this class. The average score was a 3.63, and only 22 times was the score of 1 given out to a scholarship player.

In reverse order, from lowest ranked, to highest ranked:

#22) Dylan Morris with a score of 2.15 - a bit of a surprise that he's so low, but it appears everyone is of the opinion that he is unlikely to beat out Yankoff/Sirmon/Huard and be a career backup at best. Half a point lower than the next guy in the class, which was a bit of a surprise for me.

#21) Corey Luciano with a score of 2.73 - score that implies spot starter-ish impact for the future. Not really surprising to me.

#20) Bralen Trice with a score of 2.76 - lowest rated defensive recruit, and a guy we beat out some decent schools for. Coaches definitely see something that the bored does not.

#17 (Tie) Taj Davis, Tim Horn, and Miki Ah You, with a score of 2.88 - Three way tie for 17th between our only WR, our K, and the 4th ILB. Amazing that a kicker isn't last overall, but I think that says something about our special teams. Horn and Ah You were also the only two players to have been rated across the entire spectrum of 1-5. Shout out to @bananasnblondes and @PineapplePirate for thinking Horn is going to be a 5, and @GreenRiverGatorz giving Ah You a 5.

#16) Nathaniel Kalepo with a score of 3.20 - Big jump here into what is effectively a solid starter rating. Given what he did for our recruiting, I hope he outperforms our projections.

#14 (Tie) Noa Ngalu and Alphonzo Tuputala with a score of 3.24 - Another tie here with solid scores for a couple of our more underrated recruits. @Mad_Son gave Ngalu his only 5, while Tuputala's scores all fell between 2-4.

#13) Cameron Williams with a score of 3.41 - The first of Jimmy Lake's recruits comes in at 13th, with mostly 3s and 4s. @1to392831weretaken gave him the only 5, but he also got about a half dozen 2s.

#12) Kamren Fabiculanan with a score of 3.61 - Similar to C-Will, but a few more 5s, and only @ExtraChrisB @HuskyJW and @Doogles giving him a 2.

#11) Julius Buelow with a score of 3.68 - Above average starter score. I was one of the few that gave him a 2. Hopefully I'm wrong, but his lack of foot speed scares me.

#10) Cameron Davis with a score of 3.73 - Squeaks out Buelow to be the 2nd highest offensive player. 5s came from @KrunkJuice @bananasnblondes and @1to392831weretaken while @whatshouldicareabout gave him the only 2.

#9) Josh Calvert with a score of 3.80 - Quickly approaching all-conference level starter. Almost all 4s, with a smattering of 3s and 5s. @HuskyJW only felt him worthy of a 2 though.

#8) Asa Turner with a score of 4.21 - Asa is the bottom of the next tier of players who all score comfortably above a 4. Almost all 4s and 5s here, with @1to392831weretaken giving him the only 2.

#7) Troy Fautanu with a score of 4.29 - highest ranked offensive player. Lowest score was a 3, given by 5 people. Got 24 5s from the crowd.

#6) Jacob Bandes with a score of 4.30 - the 3rd highest ranked DL is the 6th overall player in the class. Malloe did incredible. Beat Fautanu by virtue of one fewer 3.

#5) Trent McDuffies with a score of 4.52 - Jimmy Lake is slipping when his highest player is only 5th in the class (kidding). McDuffie's lowest score was a 4.

#3 (Tie) Sama Pa'ama and Daniel Heimuli with a score of 4.55 - Tie at the 3rd spot. Pa'ama had one more 5, but also 2 3s from @Houhusky and @godawgst . Heimuli got his only 3 from @Bread .

#2) Laiatu Latu with a score of 4.56 - Tight race at the top, but loses out by virtue of 3s from @Saracen and @HuskyJW

#1) Faatui Tuitele with a score of 4.59 - Lowest score was a 4, and 41 5s. Also, likely the winner of favorite dad.

Will follow up with PWOs, recruiter rankings, and other data tomorrow-ish.

Comments

• AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    @Woof who was the consensus “sleeper”?
  • WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AEB said:

Didn't finish cutting the data yet. I'll try and put the rest up by mid day tomorrow.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    AEB said:

Dylan Morris
  • dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic

This was supposed to be a prediction of the Callier rankings four years from now, right? Way too many 5's.

There were more 1's than 4's in the last Callier rankings. If the class is half this good we plungering the Pac for 4 years straight.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

This was supposed to be a prediction of the Callier rankings four years from now, right? Way too many 5's.

We always like the new recruits better than we should. It’s nothing new.
    Wait till they play a down, then we will hate them
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Some of the names behind those outlier votes should just be excludes from future votes. They either don't have a clue due to stupidity, disinterest in recruiting, or, well, they're not interested so why fucking vote anyways? They're just being cock bags by even taking part.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I think I ended up giving 4/5 5's. Given these are projections and we're projecting what these guys will look like in our system how can you not give Tui, Asa, mcduffie, Latu, and hammer 5's
    I can see a few more too.

I would give puka a 5 if given the chance. Only 5 on offense for me.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

We always like the new recruits better than we should. It’s nothing new.
    This is what happens when we judge kids exclusively off of highlight tapes then start seeing them play, non-highlights and all.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,967
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2019
    Swaye said:

@Bread you shit lips!

I don't think heimuli lasts here 3 years. The weird recruitment and listing him officially at 5'11.5" makes me think there is two paths for him at Washington. He is overhyped and leaves after getting sick of battling drew and jeff for playing time; Or, he will keep clashing with coaches and end up at bama as soon as they call. Amadre 2.0 or Kaho 2.0.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Bread said:

Swaye said:

@Bread you shit lips!

I don't think heimuli lasts here 3 years. The weird recruitment and listing him officially at 5'11.5" makes me think there is two paths for him at Washington. He is overhyped and leaves after getting sick of battling drew and jeff for playing time; Or, he will keep clashing with coaches and end up at bama as soon as they call. Amadre 2.0 or Kaho 2.0.
    Your walk on fetish has fried your brain.