Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2019]

Comments

• Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I’m just going to come to terms already that Heaner is starting that way my excitement for the season doesn’t deflate on opening kick off when I’ve hoped for Eason to for 2 years now
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

How Ty Jones performs this year will be a great indicator of how well Adams develops his receivers.
    Based on the information has reported. He told them to attack the ball or get the fuck of the field. So hopefully he has good year
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

How Ty Jones performs this year will be a great indicator of how well Adams develops his receivers.
    Ty Jones is gonna fuck this year
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Kyler Manu still getting reps with the ones. No coach in the entire fucking country does this shit. I love Chris Petersen but I despise him at the same time.

With recruiting failures and attrition, Manu reps has some slim grounding in depth chart realities.

FM for Manu equivocation.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,605
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Kyler Manu still getting reps with the ones. No coach in the entire fucking country does this shit. I love Chris Petersen but I despise him at the same time.

To be fair, if you had your way Joe Mathis, Wooching (better than many here give credit for), Tani Tupou etc. wouldnt ever have started either.

Sometimes Senior players with limited impact get their opportunity and play well.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If Haener got the start against Cal, Utah or even Stanford does anybody think we score more than 14 pts?
  • Options
    Founders Club

If Haener got the start against Cal, Utah or even Stanford does anybody think we score more than 14 pts?

Depends on the offensive line. On paper, they should be good enough to bulldoze anyone.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited August 2019

To be fair, if you had your way Joe Mathis, Wooching (better than many here give credit for), Tani Tupou etc. wouldnt ever have started either.

Sometimes Senior players with limited impact get their opportunity and play well.
    Fuck are you talking about? I had no beef with Joe Mathis. He was a good player for us. Same with Tani. We had at least heard positive things about those guys in practice before their Senior years.

Psalm was fucking garbage and only played because of terrible recruiting at that position. Manu is garbage as well but unlike with Psalm, there is actually good talent behind him that's ready to play. You can't turn chicken shit into chicken salad. He's just too slow and unathletic to have a surprise Senior season. It's a waste of fucking time and valuable reps.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2019
    My guess is Pete is giving the try hards a day or two to prove something and then he’ll put the right players in the right places.

God I hope that.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Fuck are you talking about? I had no beef with Joe Mathis. He was a good player for us. Same with Tani. We had at least heard positive things about those guys in practice before their Senior years.

Psalm was fucking garbage and only played because of terrible recruiting at that position. Manu is trash but unlike with Psalm, there is actually good talent behind him that's ready to play. You can't turn chicken shit into chicken salad. He's just too slow and unathletic to have a surprise Senior season.
    Psalm is our best edge player besides Mathis since 2016. He held his own against Bama.
  • Options

Psalm was fucking garbage and only played because of terrible recruiting at that position. Manu is trash but unlike with Psalm, there is actually good talent behind him that's ready to play. You can't turn chicken shit into chicken salad. He's just too slow and unathletic to have a surprise Senior season.
    Psalm is our best edge player besides Mathis since 2016. He held his own against Bama.
    Shut the fuck up doog he was terrible.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Great point, hadn't considered that.

You're the leper of this forum.
  • Options

Great point, hadn't considered that.

You're the leper of this forum.
    You are something else.