Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2019]

Comments

• Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

This has to be a "Haener and Sirmon committed to us out of high school, Skinny didnt want to compete with Browning" type thing for Pete. Humble Eason the first week or so and then let the fucking guy make plays and start.

Right guys? Right...?

I’m scared it’s because Eason isn’t that good. I still think he will start because the other QB’s are horrible, but this game wouldn’t be happening if Eason was lighting it up. I hope I’m wrong.
    I see what you are saying. This is classic beta Petersen though. I have a hard time believing him not naming Eason the starter. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't name a starter until game week against Eastern. It is going to take a awhile.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    FirePete said:

Not sure how productive this whole mind game with Eason is going to help.

Either he'll realize he needs to push himself when no other QB will push himself or he'll break under the mental pressure of it all and throw 1000 picks.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

This has to be a "Haener and Sirmon committed to us out of high school, Skinny didnt want to compete with Browning" type thing for Pete. Humble Eason the first week or so and then let the fucking guy make plays and start.

Right guys? Right...?

I’m scared it’s because Eason isn’t that good. I still think he will start because the other QB’s are horrible, but this game wouldn’t be happening if Eason was lighting it up. I hope I’m wrong.
    We have a winner.

I still hope Eason starts for plenty of reasons, but if you haven’t already moved onto Sam Huard as your QB Saviour you’re going to get very hurt.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2019

I cant handle the ups and downs of the Eason situation

I don’t think the board, and quite honestly Husky fans, have ever been more united in one thing.

I also just want to say this. EVERYONE KNOWS EASON WILL MAKE MISTAKES! So will Haener! SO DID OUR FOURTH YEAR STARTER QB LAST YEAR.

But modern football needs to risk mistakes, and you have to take the upside, the problem is we didn’t have upside the last many years at QB.

It’s gonna look completely different if Eason starts, more like the Tui years when I wanted to throw things at him and then the next play I wanted to fan him with palms (lots of ppl forget how maddening he was at times). We also have an elite defense that can protect against mistakes.

You have to let the talent go and see what happens. We have 12 games, THAT IS IT.
    In short: Pete don't be a pussy.
  • Options
    JECARJECAR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I don’t think the board, and quite honestly Husky fans, have ever been more united in one thing.

I also just want to say this. EVERYONE KNOWS EASON WILL MAKE MISTAKES! So will Haener! SO DID OUR FOURTH YEAR STARTER QB LAST YEAR.

But modern football needs to risk mistakes, and you have to take the upside, the problem is we didn’t have upside the last many years at QB.

It’s gonna look completely different if Eason starts, more like the Tui years when I wanted to throw things at him and then the next play I wanted to fan him with palms (lots of ppl forget how maddening he was at times). We also have an elite defense that can protect against mistakes.

You have to let the talent go and see what happens. We have 12 games, THAT IS IT.
    Quite honestly, I don’t disagree.

My fear is Pete thinks Haener will make less mistakes, this giving the team a better chance to win 9-10 games. Eason feels like a guy who could maybe get you two wins on his arm talent...but could also lose you three because he’s being a fuck.
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    <
    FirePete said:

JECAR said:

Quite honestly, I don’t disagree.

My fear is Pete thinks Haener will make less mistakes, this giving the team a better chance to win 9-10 games. Eason feels like a guy who could maybe get you two wins on his arm talent...but could also lose you three because he’s being a fuck.
    Haener already cost us a game
    Yeah, one guy played pretty well under pressure as true frosh in a league I hear is fairly decent, while the other is 1/1 choking under pressure. Feels like a WeTalkingBoutPractice?.gif situation, but I'll LIPO for the moment.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,474

From LPT. But still boner inducing:

OLB Joe Tryon - For the past couple of years, he's seemed content to let the play come to him, picking and choosing his spots to get after the quarterback. Yeah, it's only day one, but man, he looks poised to really break out this season. Instead of waiting for the play to come to him, Tryon forced the action, beating Trey Adams on one play with the first team and would have broken Jacob Eason in two if this had been a game. You know that hit on a quarterback when they get him in the middle of his back and he just whiplashes? That is what Eason would have looked like on that play.

DB Kyler Gordon - The battle isn't over, but Gordon appears to have taken the lead in his battle with Dominique Hampton as the left corner opposite Keith Taylor. Gordon is so quick and explosive, he makes spectacular plays look routine. There will be ups and downs this month, but he sure looks the part of the next great Husky corner

OLB Ariel Ngata - He is still a bit on the small side, weighing in at just 215 pounds, but man he gets after it. He looked great pursuing the ball all over the field and he also got some pressure on the quarterback on a couple of different occasions

There were some other comments on other guys but these ones stood out.

That should put to bed the talk on Ngata playing ILB.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

From LPT. But still boner inducing:

OLB Joe Tryon - For the past couple of years, he's seemed content to let the play come to him, picking and choosing his spots to get after the quarterback. Yeah, it's only day one, but man, he looks poised to really break out this season. Instead of waiting for the play to come to him, Tryon forced the action, beating Trey Adams on one play with the first team and would have broken Jacob Eason in two if this had been a game. You know that hit on a quarterback when they get him in the middle of his back and he just whiplashes? That is what Eason would have looked like on that play.

DB Kyler Gordon - The battle isn't over, but Gordon appears to have taken the lead in his battle with Dominique Hampton as the left corner opposite Keith Taylor. Gordon is so quick and explosive, he makes spectacular plays look routine. There will be ups and downs this month, but he sure looks the part of the next great Husky corner

OLB Ariel Ngata - He is still a bit on the small side, weighing in at just 215 pounds, but man he gets after it. He looked great pursuing the ball all over the field and he also got some pressure on the quarterback on a couple of different occasions

There were some other comments on other guys but these ones stood out.

That should put to bed the talk on Ngata playing ILB.
    I think it chincreases the odds