Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2019]

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

dannarc said:

Who was the asshat that was on here awhile back saying we were screwed at S?

All I know is it better not snow on the Coug next November....

I said we were fucked at safety unless a true Freshman or RS Freshman stepped up big-time for us. Well, one of them has. Good for us.

Coaching doesn't matter if the talent, depth, and/or experience you have at that position sucks. Budda and Sidney got torched as true Freshman. Did Lake not know what he was doing then and yet we still sucked. It's a similar situation at safety right now. I have a strong feeling Gilchrist sucks ass. We are fucked at free safety if it's either Gilchrist or a Freshman starting for us. Obviously Lake fucked up somewhere recruiting that position because we don't have a RS Junior, sure fire, future NFL stud to replace Rapp that nobody is worried about.

Bottom of this page, buried poast (obviously).

YAWFMS
    Things change all the time. The likelihood of Cam Williams basically coming in and playing like Taylor Rapp did as a true Freshman was extremely low. But that's what he's done so far so we're extremely lucky and dodged a bullet. Good for us. The point stands. We were fucked until we got lucky.
    Alright, I'm going to actually defend Ballz on this one.

Process vs. Results

It's shitty process to rely on a Freshman to come in and play like a game changer even if we ended up with good results this time(which is still TBD btw).

We should have at least 2 guys of Cam Williams level talent battling it out for the open starting spot and they both should have already been in the program a year, redshirt or otherwise.

Though I also realize there are some mitigating factors that you can defend the process from but there is a reasonable poont of criticism buried in there.
    Except Ballz was complaining about results of a cake halfway through baking.

He had no complaints about the process of making that cake (recruiting of safeties.)

In fact in the Julius Irvin thread he said we were fine and didn't need Irvin because Molden or Kyler could move to safety.
    I'm definitely not going to be responsible for all the haught takes he's made about the position and I've definitely been in the "the secondary will be fine" camp but there's a minor point of shall we call it, "room for improvement" with safety depth and I think most of us recognized it even if we didn't go full retard over it.
    There was a lot of consternation in recruiting forum during 2017 season and 2018 recruiting period over safety depth after Love went off deep end.

Ballz was hand waving the issue away.

By the time we get to 2019 Spring Camp the "Process" of building depth is over. There is nothing to be done for 2019.

Yet there goes Ballz on Day 1 of Spring Camp complaining about the half-baked result of our initial alignment. As if it wouldn't change as the best players emerged.
    Yes, I was not as concerned the recruiting years leading up to now at safety because we recruited a bunch of DB's who played safety in high school and could play safety for us. Then Jimmy Lake decided not to move those certain guys over to safety and kept them at corner. I don't have a fucking crystal ball asshole. I don't know what decisions Jimmy Lake is going to make with his personnel and what positions they're going to play for him.

And yeah I was complaining Day 1 of Spring camp because the "best players" that we needed to emerge would have to be Freshman because we have nobody else. The likelihood of Freshman being able to immediately play at a high level is low. Therefore, my concern at the time was logical. But we got lucky with Cam Williams so that's nice.
    LOL
    BallzDeep said:

Would love to get Irvin but we don't fucking need this kid. We have a shit load of corners that could move to safety to fill out the depth there or get more playing time like Austin Joyner, Elijah Molden, and Kyler Gordon. Jimmy will figure out who best fits where to put the best guys on the field.

OK
    And again, the previous post in the Irivn thread was under the assumption at least one of Gordon or Molden were going to be playing safety for UW which is what Jimmy Lake suggested when both were recruited. I took him for his word. Then he didn't follow through so things changed as they often do which changed my perception. Hindsight is 20/20. This isn't a "gotcha" moment for you. Keep wasting your time though.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    MLRSBallz.gif kills me
  • Options
    Beno4Life said:

I’m still so fucking blown away by all you Cam-sucking Doogs that you’ve completely overlooked the best safety on the West Coast two years ago.

Come fall, Julius Irvin will be starting at safety and will assuage Ballzzz concerns and our respective Brandon McKinney-induced PTSD from the Rose Bowl. Irvin will be the next great Husky safety.

I can’t believe any of you would doubt Jimmy’s recruiting or development.

Sure that'd be nice. Nobody ever said that couldn't happen or ignored his talent. But until he gets healthy and does something impressive on the field at safety instead of corner, nobody knows.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    animate said:

Why would haener delete his social media?

Because people are bugging him about his spring INTs?

b/c he needs to focus on researching which team to transfer to in peace.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Ballzruiningthread.gif

Take your fucking pick:

You forgot one.

I thought about it but I couldn’t remember if it was derived from him.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,978
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    animate said:

Why would haener delete his social media?

Because people are bugging him about his spring INTs?

Trying to be more like browning so the coaches name him starter. Looking for every advantage. Next week they will be reporting Haener showed up to the coaches only meeting.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    McKinney bumped back to the twos? Hmmm interesting.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Julius has been limited while recovering from a shoulder injury he got last season. But today he was getting a lot of reps at Safety with the 2’s.

Well that's some news
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Positions with questions:

Defensive backs aside from Taylor at one outside corner. Future pros will be competing for second team snaps.

Defensive line...not worried.

Positions with doubts:

Inside linebacker...thin and unproven/young.

Receiver, but only in the sense that the little white guys are still here to take up snaps.

Running back...just not what I'd call "loaded" and there's no clear cut headliner of the Polk/Sankey/Gaskin variety.