Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2019]

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    doogville said:

Jimmy: "what's going to change is that i'm passionate about football strategy. that's what excites me. i want to be aggressive, and bleed that aggressiveness into all three phases."

that is some cold blooded shit to say. i love it.

Agreed.

If the offense and special teams plays with the same swagger the DB’s have played with the last 6 years, it will be a welcome change.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

2 things

Built for life isn't OKG and is actually an effective recruiting tool

If we keep the refuse assistants then the iron law remains unchanged. Its the head coach

There were guys that looked like great assistants under James who never did shit after they left him

So hope for the converse - Jimmy gets all over their ass and makes them perform. I don't think Pete was doing this

I like Built for Life, a lot. I do wonder whether some are going to loose their shit over that. Kinda hope so, in a way.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Fuck that was kinda sad. We're going to miss him.

Agree
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    Swaye's Wigwam
    After growing up quite literally my entire life with Jim Owens as head coach and hearing for years how he needed to be fired when he actually stepped down after 1974 I was like - so now what? He's the Huskies. Are we sure we want him gone?

We did
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

2 things

Built for life isn't OKG and is actually an effective recruiting tool

If we keep the refuse assistants then the iron law remains unchanged. Its the head coach

There were guys that looked like great assistants under James who never did shit after they left him

So hope for the converse - Jimmy gets all over their ass and makes them perform. I don't think Pete was doing this

I'm glad you brought up that first point. Built For Life is the reason, in many cases, UW was able to attract highly recruited players without wallowing in the mud to the extent otherwise necessary. Not only that, it's actually good for the players. There is zero downside to it. It's a positive for recruiting, it's a positive for the players' lives.

I think the whole OKG controversy is a tempest in a teacup, personally, but at least there's a legitimate argument to be made there. Let's not conflate the two.
    Bigly. OKG is nothing more than slogan & boilerplate.
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 795
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    doogville said:

Jimmy: "what's going to change is that i'm passionate about football strategy. that's what excites me. i want to be aggressive, and bleed that aggressiveness into all three phases."

This was the first answer anyone gave that really jumped off the page for me. Basically saying Pete doesn’t have a passion for football strategy... certainly checks out after watching our offense barf all over itself for 6 years with no real changes.

Hopefully this means Lake will foreclose Hamdan’s couch and start fresh.

I still found it a little of an odd comment (very cold blooded) given the mood of the room.

Overall 7/10 on the kickass presser! scale.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

doogville said:

This was the first answer anyone gave that really jumped off the page for me. Basically saying Pete doesn’t have a passion for football strategy... certainly checks out after watching our offense barf all over itself for 6 years with no real changes.

Hopefully this means Lake will foreclose Hamdan’s couch and start fresh.

I still found it a little of an odd comment (very cold blooded) given the mood of the room.

Overall 7/10 on the kickass presser! scale.
    I'd suspect that comment was rehearsed ahead of tim.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This is the sign of a successful leader. Not saying he is just saying that hyper competitive people that make everything a competition tend to bring along highly competitive players with them