Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2019]

Comments

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

I'm not a bettor but I will be unhappy if UW doesn't cover that spread.

Say, 58-35?
    45-21
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

I'm not a bettor but I will be unhappy if UW doesn't cover that spread.

Say, 58-35?
    45-21
    That I could believe
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I don't know shit about sports gambling but if there any reason why Washington is -21? Or rather, who thee fuck would bet that?

Hawaii is bad.

Washington is good (not great).

Washington is at home.

Teams typically tend to play well after a big letdown. Big week of FOCUS, etc.
    Ts and Ps to the HAWKS in Pittsburgh

Great bored selection as always
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited September 2019

dnc said:

I don't know shit about sports gambling but if there any reason why Washington is -21? Or rather, who thee fuck would bet that?

Hawaii is bad.

Washington is at home.

I agree.

Hawks are bad in 10am games. Russ isn't especially good in September. Steelers NEED to prove last week was a fluke. Pete (ILTCPCPTWILTD) never starts 2-0.

It's not going to be pretty.
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2019

They gave up 35 points to Arizona in two quarters, recovered for a win but not a good look at home

First road game of the year, we* are going to be looking to make a statement

A bunch of dudes on the two rosters know each other, they're going to want to ball out

I wouldn't take 21 as I think backups are going to get a lot of time, but this isn't cal, I doubt it comes within 8 points after the first quarter... Hopefully

EDIT: if I knew that Petersen was going to play the starters the whole game (Eason/Ahmed and the OL at least), I'd happily take those odds on a light bet
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Hawaii is bad.

Washington is at home.

I agree.

Hawks are bad in 10am games. Russ isn't especially good in September. Steelers NEED to prove last week was a fluke. Pete (ILTCPCPTWILTD) never starts 2-0.

It's not going to be pretty.
    I agree in the sense that it's going to be ugly football, but if you mean the seahawks are going to be smashed, gonna disagree.

It'll be a one score game, wouldn't surprise me to see it go either way, but I would definitely put a lean towards the steelers

If it was week 13 I might change that opinion, but for whatever reason, under Pete it takes a while to get rolling, kind of surprised they pulled out the win vs the Bengals
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,934
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yesterday I poasted quite a bit of stuff from Hugh destroying the offense and the coaching mistakes.

I didn't want to let the defense off the hook. They fucking sucked too. This is not from Hugh, this is from me.

- Cal averaged 5.1 yards per carry, only PSU and UCLA had done that to UW's defense over the last 2 years, every other team was UNDER 4 ypc

- Cal's first half drives:
    5 plays, 30 yards, punt
    3 plays, -11 yards, punt
    3 plays, 4 yards, punt
    5 plays, -2 yards, punt
    7 plays, 69 yards, field goal
    3 plays, -3 yards, punt

- Cal's second half drives:
    8 plays, 75 yards, touchdown
    11 plays, 73 yards, touchdown
    3 plays, 6 yards, punt
    9 plays, 74 yards, field goal

- What. Theeeee. Fuck. 3 long sustained drives of 70 plus yards that leads to points. Fucking Cal's offense. What happened at halftime that the coaches couldn't figure out. Or were the players just asleep at the half and never woke up? The missed tackles suggest that latter, the lack of adjustments or removing players fucking up their assignments suggests the former.

- Fuck you Petersen, fuck you Lake, fuck you missed tackles, fuck you blown coverages, fuck you lost contain, fuck you defensive penalties to extend drives. Fuck all of you. And fuck me for caring so much.

- Lastly, just to shit on the offense again for good measure, the 4 drives that UW had that were sustained and were 10 plays or more (and 2 went for 70 yards down the field), all 4 drives ended in field goals.

- Fuck you Petersen, Hamdan, dropped passes, and false starts. Fuck all of you. And fuck me for caring so much.

So now they decide to make field goals.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

The Cal game made me lose a ton of interest. Last week I was worried I'd miss the first part of the hawaii game because I have some dumb shit event i have to go to.

Now i dont really care. If they destroy Hawaii and BYU, my interest will return quite a bit but if they win those games like 24-21 or something, I'll move on to "2020 will be special"

Definitely made my doog boner all flaccid and shit
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,211
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

The Cal game made me lose a ton of interest. Last week I was worried I'd miss the first part of the hawaii game because I have some dumb shit event i have to go to.

Now i dont really care. If they destroy Hawaii and BYU, my interest will return quite a bit but if they win those games like 24-21 or something, I'll move on to "2020 will be special"

Cal might actually be legit this year. Heavy emphasis on might, because theyre more likely a 8-4ish team.

Would be interesting if Cal knocks of WSU, Oregon, Furd, etc.

Wilcox is legit and Baldwin SHOULD be good. If the offense takes the next step look out
    Anything with Evan Weaver is legit. God damn. Hide your kids, hide your wives.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Cal might actually be legit this year. Heavy emphasis on might, because theyre more likely a 8-4ish team.

Wilcox is legit and Baldwin SHOULD be good. If the offense takes the next step look out
    Anything with Evan Weaver is legit. God damn. Hide your kids, hide your wives.
    https://youtu.be/hMtZfW2z9dw

Oblig
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Getting gashed in the ground was the most concerning part of the game. I don’t like the WR’s, but they won’t drop that many again.

The problems at LB and DL depth are troubling. Manu obviously sucks, Wellington hasn’t put it together. I don’t like what I’ve see of Sirmon either. Kind big, kinda slow, and kinda soft. I’m already ready for Ah You and Danny Hammer.

As I said in the Definitive Post Mortem, it's easier to see offensive fixes than defensive ones based on Saturday night. Not good.
    Wifffffff a bullet.

And its not even close.

I can still make a case to myself about the offense as to why I shouldnt jump off a building. I have to squint a little, but I can maybe see it.

I cant see it in the front 7...with binoculars. Or x-ray vision. WE GOT FUCKING GASHED ON THE GROUND IN THE 2ND HALF. RIGHT DOWN OUR ASS.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Sounds like you should change your avatar

We're a big tent, lots of room