Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Hardcore Husky Snowpocalypse Thread

Comments

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

I just got a new set of Michelin Defender LTX M/S recently on the trusty old 2006 4-Runner so I can pretty much anywhere in any amount of snow. Some free advice for you SUV owners...this is the greatest all season tire for snow and ice ever invented. @Swaye 's knobby AT tires suck in the snow. This is the tread pattern you want...

I use MT's ding dong. Like a man.

My bad. Those tires look awesome for mud and rock crawling. They would suck hind tit in the snow compared to the Michelins.
    I am actually trying to kill myself in a snowstorm since you mention it. With MTs I'll die, but look cool doing it.
    Have you picked out the coolest corner on the edge of the cliff for your little tire test?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,939
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

This thread needs Keeley.

Just imagine being stuck on the way home for days in this storm, the power goes out, and You just got the last room at the seedy motel across the street and a new friend to help you survive it.
    Who is this?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

sprung for a new set of these.

What model are those? Great sipping strait from the factory. To @BennyBeaver ' s point, the rubber compound does make a huge differences, hence why studless snow tires have a way softer rubber that is more grippy in weather below 40 degrees. But good snow tires have a shit tone of sipping to which is why the pattern matters.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Quit talking about my wife
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Keeley is lovely, but why is the poor thing living in what appears to be a college kid’s first apartment?

Then again, maybe she’s banging a college guy...seeing as she’s 32 now, I say you go girl!
    None of us were ever going to notice this if you didn't bring it up.
    well - doesn't @Doog_de_Jour always have a way of bringing things up? True @Swaye?
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

sprung for a new set of these.

What model are those? Great sipping strait from the factory. To @BennyBeaver ' s point, the rubber compound does make a huge differences, hence why studless snow tires have a way softer rubber that is more grippy in weather below 40 degrees. But good snow tires have a shit tone of sipping to which is why the pattern matters.
    Toyo. Tread so soft you could....
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Jesus. I was just at the QFC in Bellevue and people were clearing off the shelves like a hurricane was coming.

You sound rich.

You know it. I like to observe the Eastside peasants leading their charming little lives before heading back to my castle in Medina.

In the recently mentioned film Ronin, there is a scene where they go to Arles. There is a drone shot looking down on the coliseum and then it zooms in to Gregor as he stands menacingly in the window of a cafe (which I think was called L'Alician). A few years before that, I was sitting at that very outdoor cafe at about 1AM. A long-haired brunette appeared at that same window Gregor would later be at. She began talking en francais to some friends at a table near mine. And then one of them yelled up to her, "Rapunzel!"

True story / Cool story, bruh
    OKAY!!
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

We should have a tire tread forum.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    Founders Club

Keeley is lovely, but why is the poor thing living in what appears to be a college kid’s first apartment?

Then again, maybe she’s banging a college guy...seeing as she’s 32 now, I say you go girl!
    she left out the thread count of the towels
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    LebamDawg said:

well - doesn't @Doog_de_Jour always have a way of bringing things up? True @Swaye?
    Can confirm. Doesn't even require proximity. My shrine to her works as well. She has skills.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Mid 30s and sunny here per usual. We could really use a couple days of consistent moisture.

dude you are in fucking college, if you having issues finding moisture. maybe a good time to kill yourself
    I laffed
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2019

she left out the thread count of the towels
    Such fag, Stalin.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    Leave the towel thread counts to a towelhead. Same with knots per square inch of your carpets.

I'd be more than happy to come over and help with thread & knot counts.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

It's been so cold here that I had to light the furnace and turn on our thermostat. I can't even use the heated pool, just the hot tub. I'm with you guys in spirit. #wewillovercome

Are you hanging out with @thechatch?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

It's been so cold here that I had to light the furnace and turn on our thermostat. I can't even use the heated pool, just the hot tub. I'm with you guys in spirit. #wewillovercome

Sickening. Its like the fucking apocalypse. Who would have thought - you're as miserable as the brooklyn inmates who almost froze to death.