Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Underrated Aspect Of UW Recruiting

13»

Comments

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

Bread said:

I count Asa as a decommit. Pretty doogish to ignore, Even if he did recommit later.

That's an unsurprisingly stupid comment. He fucking signed didn't he?

You, like a couple of other posters, are trying too hard to hold the old half brain line of "everything sucks, fire everyone".

UW can't close? Did they not just close with two national recruits? Did they not close 2/3 last year, only missing one late Target to the SEC?

Terw isn't a team out there who closed everyine they pursued. Not Bama,not Oregon, not anyone.
    I looked at 24/7 and they will show guys who comitted, decommitted and then signed as both decommitted and sign. Not saying 24/7 is full of geniuses but that's how they do it.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I won't rehash a lot of the topics that have already been discussed about Pete's recruiting process. Losing Toot Toot and likely Puka Shells on signing day fucking sucks. And it's been discussed at length what needs to be done to close better, which was then countered by 14 Four Star players and a great overall class.

Say what you want about Pete's process and how long it takes to offer guys (I certainly have, which @HillsboroDuck can attest to) or some of the guys he doesn't offer or some of the guys he offers that seems like a waste. Overall, the talent level has gotten better each year which I have also broken down in detail.

But what I did want to take a second to focus on was a largely glanced over portion of this whole process:

With Asa reaffirming and signing, there were 0 de-commits this year.

Fightin Herms - 5
    Zona - 4
    Cal Too High - 4
    Ruffalo Soldier - 10 (They got pilfered by the bigger boys who came calling late)
    ScoDucks - 7 (Those players were backup plans anyway)
    Beavlets - 1 (Gotta have players people want to lose em Babushka)
    Stanford - 0
    UCLA - 2
    USC LOLOLOL - 5
    Utah - 0
    Pirates - 4

2019 - 0
    2018 - Kaho (Nick Bolton doesn't count)
    2017 - Marlon and Wedington
    2016 - 0
    2015 - 0

It's a huge fucking disappointment to not beat out Tennessee and Oregon and it needs to be remedied. But it's a huge fucking relief to not have dudes flipping last minute and leaving a huge hole you didn't plan on existing.

Bump.

Despite Pete sleepwalking through the season and UW having a shitty year, then bailing out of no where and having to transition to Lake:

The 2020 class again had 0 decommits. Well, technically Jacobe decommitted, but then he ended up signing with UW anyway.