Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Underrated Aspect Of UW Recruiting

I won't rehash a lot of the topics that have already been discussed about Pete's recruiting process. Losing Toot Toot and likely Puka Shells on signing day fucking sucks. And it's been discussed at length what needs to be done to close better, which was then countered by 14 Four Star players and a great overall class.

Say what you want about Pete's process and how long it takes to offer guys (I certainly have, which @HillsboroDuck can attest to) or some of the guys he doesn't offer or some of the guys he offers that seems like a waste. Overall, the talent level has gotten better each year which I have also broken down in detail.

But what I did want to take a second to focus on was a largely glanced over portion of this whole process:

With Asa reaffirming and signing, there were 0 de-commits this year.

Fightin Herms - 5
Zona - 4
Cal Too High - 4
Ruffalo Soldier - 10 (They got pilfered by the bigger boys who came calling late)
ScoDucks - 7 (Those players were backup plans anyway)
Beavlets - 1 (Gotta have players people want to lose em Babushka)
Stanford - 0
UCLA - 2
USC LOLOLOL - 5
Utah - 0
Pirates - 4

2019 - 0
2018 - Kaho (Nick Bolton doesn't count)
2017 - Marlon and Wedington
2016 - 0
2015 - 0

It's a huge fucking disappointment to not beat out Tennessee and Oregon and it needs to be remedied. But it's a huge fucking relief to not have dudes flipping last minute and leaving a huge hole you didn't plan on existing.

Comments

• BreadBread Member Posts: 3,967
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I count Asa as a decommit. Pretty doogish to ignore, Even if he did recommit later.
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Next year is going to be so interesting because of the level/talent of in state kids and the others who we are in a great spot for.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Bread said:

I count Asa as a decommit. Pretty doogish to ignore, Even if he did recommit later.

1) My name is DoogCourics

2) He signed on the line, so it's washed from my memory
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

People forget

I didn't forget, I ignored. He wasn't a Pete guy and he has already moved on again which isn't a surprise to anyone who followed him.
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I decommitted..... I'm all @UWSoftball now.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bread said:

That's an unsurprisingly stupid comment. He fucking signed didn't he?

You, like a couple of other posters, are trying too hard to hold the old half brain line of "everything sucks, fire everyone".

UW can't close? Did they not just close with two national recruits? Did they not close 2/3 last year, only missing one late Target to the SEC?

Terw isn't a team out there who closed everyine they pursued. Not Bama,not Oregon, not anyone.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

Bread said:

You, like a couple of other posters, are trying too hard to hold the old half brain line of "everything sucks, fire everyone".

UW can't close? Did they not just close with two national recruits? Did they not close 2/3 last year, only missing one late Target to the SEC?

Terw isn't a team out there who closed everyine they pursued. Not Bama,not Oregon, not anyone.
    Bama pretty much did. 24 blue chips holy fuck.
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Bread said:

They did t get Heimuli or To'oto'o.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    chuck said:

Bread said:

Jesus you are a bell ringing 5'11" mongoloid

They didnt close on anyone but the bare minimum of expectations... Keeping a guy who commited 9+ months ago and Hammer who commited a month ago and basically all other schools stopped seriously recruiting.

Thats the fucking bar for closing well now? Fuck the fuck off.

Its the equivalent of going 10-3 and losing the Rose bowl when a real opponent shows up. Its good... but we didnt FINISH.

Look at the entire position group. We got beat for Ngata, Bru, Ford, and THEN Nucua at WR... It wasnt just ho-hum, we missed on one guy, unlucky. Which is why the failure to close on Nucua is such a big deal. Especially when its losing to Oregon who doesn't have a WR coach, has been shit for the past 3 years, and already has 50 other WR commits.

Why aren't we ever the ones to overcome odds and upset a favored opponent or win the big game? Because we dont close. Lake is the only one with the Ted Bundy killer instinct.

Closers steal other people's lunch money, not get their lunch money stolen.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Bread said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Bread said:

Is it August already?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2019
    Houhusky said:

chuck said:

Bread said:

They didnt close on anyone but the bare minimum of expectations... Keeping a guy who commited 9+ months ago and Hammer who commited a month ago and basically all other schools stopped seriously recruiting.

Its the equivalent of going 10-3 and losing the Rose bowl when a real opponent shows up. Its good... but we didnt FINISH.

Look at the entire position group. We got beat for Ngata, Bru, Ford, and THEN Nucua at WR... It wasnt just ho-hum, we missed on one guy, unlucky. Which is why the failure to close on Nucua is such a big deal. Especially when its losing to Oregon who doesn't have a WR coach, has been shit for the past 3 years, and already has 50 other WR commits.

Why aren't we ever the ones to overcome odds and upset a favored opponent or win the big game? Because we dont close. Lake is the only one with the Ted Bundy killer instinct.

You're the worst here. It's not a HH one-up contest anymore idiot.Ain't over till they sign. Those guys weren't signed until today. You wanted UW to steal Nacua from his SC soft commit, and To'oto'o when he's been all over the sec for weeks or months. Rumors notwithstanding he was never UWs to lose, nor was Nacua.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited February 2019
    Bread said:

For all we know half of the class did the same as Asa but just earlier in the process. Asa's shit became public only because it happened around signing day.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

chuck said:

Bread said:

FREEDOM
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Bread said:

For all we know half of the class did the same as Asa but just earlier in the process. Asa's shit became public only because it happened around signing day.
    Asa also never committed anywhere else.
    Some Schrodinger's Asa here

Get credit for closing Asa late because he decommitted and we beat off Notre Dame on signing day when he literally had Notre Dame's paper to sign in front of him.

Also; get credit for never losing Asa as a decommitment because he never decommit from his commitment 9+ months ago and never committed somewhere else.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,047
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lake is the only one with the Ted Bundy killer instinct.

😂