Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Underrated Aspect Of UW Recruiting

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2019
    Canadawg said:

Lake is the only one with the Ted Bundy killer instinct.

😂

Ikaika had a better class, but sure
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,868
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

chuck said:

Bread said:

I count Asa as a decommit. Pretty doogish to ignore, Even if he did recommit later.

That's an unsurprisingly stupid comment. He fucking signed didn't he?

You, like a couple of other posters, are trying too hard to hold the old half brain line of "everything sucks, fire everyone".

UW can't close? Did they not just close with two national recruits? Did they not close 2/3 last year, only missing one late Target to the SEC?

Terw isn't a team out there who closed everyine they pursued. Not Bama,not Oregon, not anyone.
    Jesus you are a bell ringing 5'11" mongoloid

They didnt close on anyone but the bare minimum of expectations... Keeping a guy who commited 9+ months ago and Hammer who commited a month ago and basically all other schools stopped seriously recruiting.

Thats the fucking bar for closing well now? Fuck the fuck off.

Its the equivalent of going 10-3 and losing the Rose bowl when a real opponent shows up. Its good... but we didnt FINISH.

Look at the entire position group. We got beat for Ngata, Bru, Ford, and THEN Nucua at WR... It wasnt just ho-hum, we missed on one guy, unlucky. Which is why the failure to close on Nucua is such a big deal. Especially when its losing to Oregon who doesn't have a WR coach, has been shit for the past 3 years, and already has 50 other WR commits.

Why aren't we ever the ones to overcome odds and upset a favored opponent or win the big game? Because we dont close. Lake is the only one with the Ted Bundy killer instinct.

Closers steal other people's lunch money, not get their lunch money stolen.
    This. Dis. ‘Tis. 💯

Fuck off chuck
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Houhusky said:

chuck said:

Bread said:

I count Asa as a decommit. Pretty doogish to ignore, Even if he did recommit later.

You, like a couple of other posters, are trying too hard to hold the old half brain line of "everything sucks, fire everyone".

UW can't close? Did they not just close with two national recruits? Did they not close 2/3 last year, only missing one late Target to the SEC?

Terw isn't a team out there who closed everyine they pursued. Not Bama,not Oregon, not anyone.

They didnt close on anyone but the bare minimum of expectations... Keeping a guy who commited 9+ months ago and Hammer who commited a month ago and basically all other schools stopped seriously recruiting.

Its the equivalent of going 10-3 and losing the Rose bowl when a real opponent shows up. Its good... but we didnt FINISH.

Look at the entire position group. We got beat for Ngata, Bru, Ford, and THEN Nucua at WR... It wasnt just ho-hum, we missed on one guy, unlucky. Which is why the failure to close on Nucua is such a big deal. Especially when its losing to Oregon who doesn't have a WR coach, has been shit for the past 3 years, and already has 50 other WR commits.

Why aren't we ever the ones to overcome odds and upset a favored opponent or win the big game? Because we dont close. Lake is the only one with the Ted Bundy killer instinct.

Malloe doesn't have a killer instinct?

Fuck outta here.

It's not about when you get them it's about who you get.
    He is also responsible for the fact we basically have zero depth on the DL... He was below mediocre as a recruiter every year before this year.

Next year we have one Jr. in Levi, and basically the rest are going to be freshman.

Malloe did a great job this year...

You will excuse me before I crown his ass

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

chuck said:

Bread said:

Bama pretty much did. 24 blue chips holy fuck.
    Florida stole a 4 star linebacker from Bama literally this morning. And then they lost on a few other targets. Nobody is immune.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    Can we just lock @Houhusky and @StrongArmCobra in a room so they can kill each other? These end of the spectrum lunatics are a bit much.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    Swaye's Wigwam

Houhusky said:

chuck said:

Bread said:

This. Dis. ‘Tis. 💯

Fuck off chuck
    Sure I'll fuck off. Not going to keep up the pissing match.

Just consider one thing. Half of his rant was built around the given that the big guys were stealing recruits from UW...getting "their lunch money stolen". My point was that nobody stole UWs lunch money. Nobody stole anyone from UW in this cycle other than Ngata.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

chuck said:

Bread said:

Fuck outta here.

He is also responsible for the fact we basically have zero depth on the DL... He was below mediocre as a recruiter every year before this year.

Next year we have one Jr. in Levi, and basically the rest are going to be freshman.

My bad, I didn't realize you didn't follow recruiting last season. I'll remember not to engage you next time.
    Last year he recruited 1 interior DL, immediately after not signing a single interior DL 2017 and only signing one in 2016

2016: Zero recruits from his region, one positional recruit in Levi
    2017: One recruit from his region (Ty Jones), one positional recruit in Joe Tryon beating out WSU and EWU
    2018 he did better (not that you could do much worse than before)

3 star Zion - beat Cal and vanderbilt and again under recruited DL with only Tuli and Mosiah

I don't know WTF you guys are talking about with some revisionist history? This is exactly what @RoadDawg55 and @Dennis_DeYoung were always arguing about, that Malloe was doing a shitty job recruiting but was obvious a good coach because he was still getting results. Was that enough or sustainable? Process or results?

The idea that Malloe is some great recruiter is literally new, just this recruiting class.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

chuck said:

Bread said:

Fuck outta here.

My bad, I didn't realize you didn't follow recruiting last season. I'll remember not to engage you next time.
    Last year he recruited 1 interior DL, immediately after not signing a single interior DL 2017 and only signing one in 2016

2017: One recruit from his region (Ty Jones), one positional recruit in Joe Tryon beating out WSU and EWU

3 star Zion - beat Cal and vanderbilt and again under recruited DL with only Tuli and Mosiah

I don't know WTF you guys are talking about with some revisionist history? This is exactly what @RoadDawg55 and @Dennis_DeYoung were always arguing about, that Malloe was doing a shitty job recruiting but was obvious a good coach because he was still getting results. Was that enough or sustainable? Process or results?

The idea that Malloe is some great recruiter is literally new, just this recruiting class.
    Dude what parallel universe are you living in?
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Domicillo said:

I decommitted..... I'm all @UWSoftball now.

Slept at HTs and her older brother's house many nights. Got my truck broken into in front of that same house.

Still give her brother shit for that. They stole my hacked dealer software laptop. Had BMW/AMG, Porsche and Audi factory software running on it.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

chuck said:

Bread said:

Fuck outta here.

When everyone says you are a fucking idiot maybe you should question your priors instead of doubling down on stupid.

I'll give you a hint: Sam Taimani.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

chuck said:

Bread said:

Fuck outta here.

He got 2 of the top 3 DL in the West in 2018 and 3 of the top 4 in 2019. He took four DT last year and 4 this year to the point most of ya think four star Draco Bynum is gonna get moved to TE cause there’s no room at DT.

He’s killed it the last two classes. And he’s contributed significantly to the Poly success at LB as well.

He’s probably been the best and most valuable recruiter west of Texas the last two classes. Even better than Lake.
    Who? seriously
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited February 2019
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

chuck said:

Bread said:

Fuck outta here.

He got 2 of the top 3 DL in the West in 2018 and 3 of the top 4 in 2019. He took four DT last year and 4 this year to the point most of ya think four star Draco Bynum is gonna get moved to TE cause there’s no room at DT.

He’s killed it the last two classes. And he’s contributed significantly to the Poly success at LB as well.

He’s probably been the best and most valuable recruiter west of Texas the last two classes. Even better than Lake.
    Who? seriously
    Tuli, Taimani, Bynum, Liu

DDY (and therefore the rest of us) had the class at 5 but it appears Zion is staying at BUCK.
  • Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,007
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Houhusky said:

chuck said:

Bread said:

Guessing you have a government job.

• Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper