Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

CNN propaganda!

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I would consider myself pretty conservative but I think it’s fucking stupid to not explore sustainable green energy because we are going to run out of oil/coal at some point.

Living in Colorado, I’ve heard natural gas fracking fucking up people’s health. The shit gets into their water wells (they live out in the country) and it’s completely fucked over some people’s families I know.

Here's the thing, there's no one party that's right. Our country actually runs best when both sides have their influence on shit. And right now, neither side is doing anything because the money flowing in from lobbying.

Conservatives favor big business and the wealthy when it comes to the environment (your comments above), when it comes to labor (hate unions, whose sole purpose is to protect middle class workers), and taxes (da fuq did big business need a tax cut when they are all flush with cash).

That being said, I don't get liberals when it comes to this tax on billionaires thing. And I don't get conservatives on their hate for gay people. I'm a big believer in live and let live.

We are the richest country in the world, so I'm fine with my tax money doing to food stamps (it's a tiny part of our budget and helps millions of kids eat).

I don't like regulations but we can't go back to when companies raped and pillaged the Earth.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter
    Most labor unions today are public employee labor unions and they exist almost entirely as a jobs programs for liberals and cash cows for the Rat party.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Most labor unions today are public employee labor unions and they exist almost entirely as a jobs programs for liberals and cash cows for the Rat party.

Yeah fuck those teachers and police and firemen. They don't deserve representation.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Yeah fuck those teachers and police and firemen. They don't deserve representation.
    Public employee unions should be illegal.
    See BTP?
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

See BTP?
    The funny thing is you don’t understand why. Simple mind.
    No. I know exactly why you say that. Doesn't make the reason less fucktarded.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Weird the way you leave out DMV employees, prison guards, school Administrators, and hundreds of other overpaid and worthless state employees. The teachers union in my local district has severely damaged the districts fiscal health with their "representation."

Public employee unions negotiate with other public employees. There is no adversarial relationship. If you really want to know why public schools no longer have music and art and shop classes it's not because of Prop 13, the public schools are receiving more money than ever, it's because teachers through their "representation" have received lifetime health insurance coverage, not only for themselves but every member of their immediate family until they die.

Firemen retire in their 50s often making as much and sometimes even more than they did when they were working. Same with policemen. Fuck you and your "representation."
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Weird the way you leave out DMV employees, prison guards, school Administrators, and hundreds of other overpaid and worthless state employees. The teachers union in my local district has severely damaged the districts fiscal health with their "representation."

Public employee unions negotiate with other public employees. There is no adversarial relationship. If you really want to know why public schools no longer have music and art and shop classes it's not because of Prop 13, the public schools are receiving more money than ever, it's because teachers through their "representation" have received lifetime health insurance coverage, not only for themselves but every member of their immediate family until they die.

Firemen retire in their 50s often making as much and sometimes even more than they did when they were working. Same with policemen. Fuck you and your "representation."
    I don't see you risking your life for my freedom for $50k a year. And I sure as fuck don't want you teaching our children.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Why don't you support that comment. That's not what I read. Since you are into the truth and all.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

I don't see you risking your life for my freedom for $50k a year. And I sure as fuck don't want you teaching our children.
    Yeah, it's life or death in those state welfare offices.

A Police Officer works 40 hours per week on different shifts and overtime may be required. San Francisco offers excellent benefits and the current starting salary is $83,018 per year. After seven years of service a Police Officer may earn up to $115,544 per year. You will receive comprehensive training, at your full starting salary, which includes 34 weeks at the Police Academy prior to field training at one of the district stations.

Not bad for a job that doesn't require a college education. And that top base salary doesn't take into a account OT. Police work is a tough job and I don't really begrudge them their pay but nobody should be retiring in their 50s unless they're doing it on their own nickle. And the police make up a tiny fraction of all state employees.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

See BTP?
    The funny thing is you don’t understand why. Simple mind.
    No. I know exactly why you say that. Doesn't make the reason less fucktarded.
    No you don’t. At all. You probably think I’m anti union.

Eat shit fuck face.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

A Police Officer works 40 hours per week on different shifts and overtime may be required. San Francisco offers excellent benefits and the current starting salary is $83,018 per year. After seven years of service a Police Officer may earn up to $115,544 per year. You will receive comprehensive training, at your full starting salary, which includes 34 weeks at the Police Academy prior to field training at one of the district stations.

Not bad for a job that doesn't require a college education. And that top base salary doesn't take into a account OT. Police work is a tough job and I don't really begrudge them their pay but nobody should be retiring in their 50s unless they're doing it on their own nickle. And the police make up a tiny fraction of all state employees.
    You sound poor.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

You sound poor.
    You sound like a liar that claimed they only make $50K a year.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

You sound poor.
    You sound like a liar that claimed they only make $50K a year.
    Yeah San Francisco is representative of the country. And you sound jealous someone makes $100k in San Francisco keeping meth heads from your front door. I'd never do any job in San Fran for $100k let alone that.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,029
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Kali police can retire at 50 with up to 90% of their salary. That salary is their base pay plus some perks that are allowed by PERS. There is no inclusion of overtime or cash outs etc. That changed about 5 years ago it's now now 2.7 at 57. Which means they earn 2.7% of their salary per year up to 90%. Can't retire until 57.