Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Debunking the Mariota "injury"

Comments

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Okay, so just to clarify, you're saying the Quooks will come up with some excuse, while you know that the real problem is Helfrich and Frost? (The "problem" being that you weren't impressed enough with the bowl win, and the Ducks didn't win the national championship.) Is that about right?

261 rushing yards, 253 passing yards and 24 first downs is a "shit" offense? It must be difficult for you to live in such an imperfect world. Yeah, they stalled in the red zone, but they registered three other scores with the offense, Sherlock, in the form of field goals. Or do you give linebackers credit for FGs?

Stupid premise.

I'm getting PTSD flashbacks just reading this.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Needs to be resurfaced for the visiting Quooks.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    This is Mariota's year to prove he's better than Darron Thomas and is ready for the NFL. Lose to Stanford again and forget about it.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

This is Mariota's year to prove he's better than Darron Thomas and is ready for the NFL. Lose to Stanford again and forget about it.

This post proves there should be an IQ test for posting on this bored. Except for puppy, who is at least entertaining...
  • Options

This post proves there should be an IQ test for posting on this bored. Except for puppy, who is at least entertaining...
    Results matter, not hype. Thomas delivered results. Mariota has delivered hype. Enough said.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited August 2014

Results matter, not hype. Thomas delivered results. Mariota has delivered hype. Enough said.
    Chip and LaMike delivered results, while Thomas was there for the ride. Thomas was like that 3rd wheel in a group project that didn't do shit, just let the two nerds do all the work.
  • Options

Chip and LaMike delivered results, while Thomas was there for the ride. Thomas was like that 3rd wheel in a group project that didn't do shit, just let the two nerds do all the work.
    I enjoy diminishing the role of the quarterback and saying he didn't do shit when Oregon went undefeated and barely lost to Auburn. Any motherfucker could have done it. I'm a quook like that.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    OBK has a poont here.

2010: 222/361 61.5% 2881 yards 30 TDs 9 INTs QBR: 151.0
    2011: 211/339 62.2% 2761 yards 33 TDs 7 INTs QBR: 158.7

Thomas was a very good college QB.

Mariota:

2012: 230/336 68.5% 2677 yards 32 TDs 6 INTs QBR: 163.2
    2013: 245/386 63.5% 3665 yards 31 TDs 4 INTs QBR: 167.7

MM turned it up a notch, but most any team in the Pac-12 would have been thrilled to have Thomas under center.

Thomas ran our offense and did so very well. Maybe he reached his peak at Oregon, but that's no reason to bash the guy.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    AZDuck said:

OBK has a poont here.

Mariota:

MM turned it up a notch, but most any team in the Pac-12 would have been thrilled to have Thomas under center.

Thomas ran our offense and did so very well. Maybe he reached his peak at Oregon, but that's no reason to bash the guy.

I don't really give a shit, but I had the impression Mariota was a much better runner in addition to being a slightly better passer?

• Options
    dnc said:

AZDuck said:

OBK has a poont here.

Mariota:

I don't really give a shit, but I had the impression Mariota was a much better runner in addition to being a slightly better passer?

Yeah, on a similar number of rushes, Mariota is good for about 2.5 YPC than Thomas. Both are productive running threats though.

My point is that OBK actually has one - a lot of people in the Quook camp really teed off on Thomas when he left early without knowing why he left - and in terms of the trophy case he's probably the best QB in school history.
  • Options
    PDXDuckFanPDXDuckFan Member Posts: 450
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1
    edited August 2014
    So, according to the always fascinating thought process of Mosster47, saying the team suffered in play because of Mariota's knee is an excuse made by "Quooks," but saying the team suffered because of bad coaching is a fact and inarguable.

You're an absolute loon. So many words, and all you've proven is you subscribe to the idiot fallback of "I'm right, you're wrong, so there!"
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

OBK has a poont here.

Mariota:

Who is bashing Thomas? He's not as good as Mariota, but saying that isn't bashing him. The Pac 10 was awful in 2010, and Chip and the Ducks didn't let a great opportunity go to waste. Last year's team loses 2 more games with Thomas at QB.

• Options
    AZDuck said:

Yeah, on a similar number of rushes, Mariota is good for about 2.5 YPC than Thomas. Both are productive running threats though.

My point is that OBK actually has one - a lot of people in the Quook camp really teed off on Thomas when he left early without knowing why he left - and in terms of the trophy case he's probably the best QB in school history.

Darron Thomas ran for a total of 692 yards in his two years as a starter. Mariota ran for 752 yards in 2012, and 715 yards last year.

Thomas was nowhere near the running threat that Marcus is, Flabby.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

OBK has a poont here.

Mariota:

I know why Thomas left. He didn't want to be a backup to Mariota his senior year. You also have to factor how Mariota would have been under Kelly vs. Helfrich. It's completely relevant that there is a huge difference.
  • Options

AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

OBK has a poont here.

Mariota:

I know why Thomas left. He didn't want to be a backup to Mariota his senior year. You also have to factor how Mariota would have been under Kelly vs. Helfrich. It's completely relevant that there is a huge difference.
    Fair enough. In my mind Thomas was a B+ QB and Kelly used him pretty much to his full potential. Mariota is an A+ QB and to date he hasn't reached his full potential.

This could be the year, but I'm LIFPO and you, Moss, and OBK have already buried Helfrich.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

OBK has a poont here.

Mariota:

Fair enough. In my mind Thomas was a B+ QB and Kelly used him pretty much to his full potential. Mariota is an A+ QB and to date he hasn't reached his full potential.

This could be the year, but I'm LIFPO and you, Moss, and OBK have already buried Helfrich.

I'll admit it if I end up being wrong. Helfrich in my opinion is a much more aggressive recruiter than Kelly, but his X's and O's and in-game adjustments are below average at best. Unless Helfrich recruits 4* and 5* players everywhere, he will not even get close to Kelly's success. I don't care how aggressive you are, how hot your cheerleaders are, and how cool your buildings are, you are not getting consistent top-tier talent across the board to Eugene . At best we can get above average talent. But to win a "Natty" with just above average talent across the board, you need a GREAT not OK coach.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Mariota played under Chip in 2012. He ran for 500 more yards than Thomas did the year before. He even won a Fiesta Bowl.
  • Options

Mariota played under Chip in 2012. He ran for 500 more yards than Thomas did the year before. He even won a Fiesta Bowl.
    Absolutely, and imagine the maturation that would have taken place in year two.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Absolutely, and imagine the maturation that would have taken place in year two.

He had a better year in 2013. Almost 1000 more yards passing (2666 to 3665 ), almost as many rushing (752 to 715), better QB rating (163 to 167), better QBR (86 to 88), more TDs (37 to 40), and he did it with a hobbled De Anthony Thomas for the second half of the season.

Yep, Helfrich and Frost sure ruined him! Idiots