Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Debunking the Mariota "injury"

Now, I'm sure Marcus tweaked his knee a little just like every football player that carries the ball does.

1. Oregon never disclosed injuries under Chip and Helf stuck with that until after the Rest Area rape the Ducks suffered to Stanford.

2. It is reported in the national media that the injury occurred during the UCLA game.
2A. When the fuck did this injury that was so sever "He could barely run on" before the Stanford game occur during the game 12 days prior? The Ducks blew out UCLA in the 4th quarter. It was the basic dreck we've come to know of Oregon's offense until the final 15 minutes. If you injure yourself so bad that after 12 days of treatment with the best training staff and facilities in the country then you're not leading a 21 point charge in the 4th quarter against one of the most talented defenses in the country.

3. Leg injuries fatigue as the game goes on.
3A. One thing that grows true for all athletes with a major leg injury in a running sport is performance goes down as the event wears on. How can a guy that "He could barely run" lead a massive charge in the last 5 minutes of the game after 3 1/2 quarters of dreck? You can't go from almost being handicapped to running out of the pocket, throwing the ball all over, and crouching while shifting your weight forward every time you hand the ball off with zero decline in play over the last five minutes. Go back and watch the end of the Stanford game, if that kid has a serious leg injury I'm the Pope.

If you look back to last year you'll notice other than one long run Mariota looked exactly the same this year. Stanford's front three blows right through our O-Line and there are 4 really fucking good, NFL sized LB's waiting for him all the way across the field in an 8-yards zone. He can play Stanford 50 times and his ass ain't clearing the LOS scrimmage no matter how healthy he is.

4. Utah is a tight first half, second half route.

5. UA just kicked the shit out Oregon in every facet. Even still, Mariota was out there at full tilt WAAAAYYYYYY after the game was over. I've never seen a coach over play his starting QB when he is dinged up late in the year.

6. He's fine, all clear, no brace, TV is glowing to report the clean bill of health.

I have no blame for Mariota in all of this. Whenever he was asked about the injury he just blew it off. He never once complained or blamed it on everything. The Quook movement blamed the season going to shit on an injury that still allowed a player to lead 4th quarter run aways the day of, last minutes come backs, second half blow outs, and a 4 quarter punching match.

That is chicken shit to blame something on a kid who wouldn't let it be used as any sort of excuse to cover for a shit coach who is leading the program back to the middle even faster than the real Slingblade could do himself.

If Mariota was so injured he couldn't perform then why would you willingly keep him in there? It's not like we had a National Championship and Rose Bowl on the line.....oh nevermind.

Comments

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Moss;
    Mariota did actually tear his MCL. I know that for a fact, from a buddy who is a GA on the team. But your last point is the best...."If Mariota was so injured he couldn't perform, why keep him out there?".

And the answer is: Have you seen our backup qbs? Jesus Christ. I think Rodrigues has potential, but Helfrich is a dumbass and likes Lockie over him for some reason. Maybe if our coaching staff had gotten Rodrigues/Lockie some actual serious game reps early on in the year in blowout games (not running a walk on up the middle 3 times and punting, like we did), one would have emerged as ready. As things played out, our backup qbs are miserable and that is why we are so fucked if Mariota leaves.
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    he was hurt and dug deep to keep going. Kid has a set of balls. He leaves we are screwed because our backups never got to run real plays. That was stupid of the coaches.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I hope the rumors are true and we play Bama in the Orange Bowl. Minors under the age of 18 should not be allowed to watch due to graphic violence, rape, nudity, and strong sexual content. Hopefully a 44-6 drubbing will be enough to show these tards that Helfrich isn't the guy.

Worst case scenario, we play an overrated Oklahoma in the Alamo Bowl and lose close, so people think a year under his belt will change things.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Is it just me, or is Mariota overrated? He had a couple of great games, but I also watched him be pretty inaccurate in a lot of others. He's fast, but slight. He will have some nice runs in the NFL, but I don't think he will dominate games with his legs. I think it's more likely he is a bust in the NFL than a Pro Bowler.
  • Options
    He needs ten or twelve pounds and someone to coach him to consistency. Some of his passes boggle the mind, but some of them are wtf?
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    ntxduck said:

Moss;
    Mariota did actually tear his MCL. I know that for a fact, from a buddy who is a GA on the team. But your last point is the best...."If Mariota was so injured he couldn't perform, why keep him out there?".

And the answer is: Have you seen our backup qbs? Jesus Christ. I think Rodrigues has potential, but Helfrich is a dumbass and likes Lockie over him for some reason. Maybe if our coaching staff had gotten Rodrigues/Lockie some actual serious game reps early on in the year in blowout games (not running a walk on up the middle 3 times and punting, like we did), one would have emerged as ready. As things played out, our backup qbs are miserable and that is why we are so fucked if Mariota leaves.

Totally fine, never said he wasn't injured. My point was; Quooks are blaming the program erosion on the knee of young Marcus Mariota. What I'm showing is that if a kid can play nails in the fourth fucking quarter on a bum wheel he can sure as hell do it during quarters 1, 2, and 3.

The program is eroding because Slingblade is running it into the ground.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Agreed completely, Moss. Mariota being injured had nothing to do with the plungering at AZ--he doesn't play defense you fucking quooks.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    ntxduck said:

Agreed completely, Moss. Mariota being injured had nothing to do with the plungering at AZ--he doesn't play defense you fucking quooks.

Watch what you say. It might get you banned. Cheswick doesn't approve.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,154
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Clean it up guys
  • Options

Clean it up guys

Fuck you fan boy!!!
  • Options
    1. coaches were outcoached 2. halftime adjustments were shit. 3. Mari ta was hurt 2. Arizona had their best game in many years 4. some of our player assumed talent would win, but tie that into number 1 for a double whammy, 5. our undersized linebackers fail to fill the gaps. That's the sick story.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Alright, let's bring this back up;

The coaches get a month to prepare for a shitty Texas defense with a healthy Mariota. You'll remember it was because of his injuries that the offense sucked. I've already disproved this in this thread already, but never mind that.

Super Mario is healthy as a horse running all over creation to the tune of 7 point in four full quarters of play. The offense is still shit, even when everyone is healthy.

Linebackers don't play on offense. What will the new Quook excuse be next year? Let's not forget, Slingblade himself called us: "a young team." When we were #2 and kicking ass we were awesome. When he tanks the one thing he was hired for it's the fault of youth.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    I know old man Phil is slipping when Oregon's offense only scores 16 points in a fucking dreckfest win over Texas and no one gets fired.
  • Options
    ToiletSeatToiletSeat Member Posts: 150
    Okay, so just to clarify, you're saying the Quooks will come up with some excuse, while you know that the real problem is Helfrich and Frost? (The "problem" being that you weren't impressed enough with the bowl win, and the Ducks didn't win the national championship.) Is that about right?

261 rushing yards, 253 passing yards and 24 first downs is a "shit" offense? It must be difficult for you to live in such an imperfect world. Yeah, they stalled in the red zone, but they registered three other scores with the offense, Sherlock, in the form of field goals. Or do you give linebackers credit for FGs?

Stupid premise.

• Options

Okay, so just to clarify, you're saying the Quooks will come up with some excuse, while you know that the real problem is Helfrich and Frost? (The "problem" being that you weren't impressed enough with the bowl win, and the Ducks didn't win the national championship.) Is that about right?

261 rushing yards, 253 passing yards and 24 first downs is a "shit" offense? It must be difficult for you to live in such an imperfect world. Yeah, they stalled in the red zone, but they registered three other scores with the offense, Sherlock, in the form of field goals. Or do you give linebackers credit for FGs?

Stupid premise.

Scoring 16 points while accumulating those stats is absolute shit.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,154
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm happy with the direction of the program
  • Options

I'm happy with the direction of the program

Deserves own DFI.
  • Options
    ToiletSeatToiletSeat Member Posts: 150

Hope this helps.

Yes, as much as any other of your contributions.

• Options

Stupid premise.

No, as a coach you give field goals to the special teams. Just like you give a Pick-6 to the defense. PAT's go the unit that scored the TD. Pretty much every coach everywhere evaluates their scoring like this.

What I'm bitching about is Slingblade was handed the Millennium Falcon with the light speed working and had it turned into a 79 Hugo by November. He was a MASSIVE gamble of a hire and it was a failed gamble. What Chip brought is already gone. WTF would be the point of waiting to see if Mark Helfrich is a good coach or not? He wasn't hired because he is a good coach. He was hired because he was the only realistic option of what was left from a great coach.

This is Oregon in 2014, not 1986. You don't get to LIPO. You get to the BCS with your pre-season #3 team or GTFO!

Why are Doogs and Quooks on this board? Mods?