Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

New Wide Receiver Coach: Junior Adams

Comments

• Options
    ThoroughDawgThoroughDawg Member Posts: 186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Passion said:

We’re going to pine for the days of Pease. Bring on Chin 2.0.

Pine for the days of Pease? Highly doubt it.
    Ironic since the best roles for guys Pease recruited (mostly) is riding the Pine.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

I don’t love this hire because he strikes me as a good coach but mediocre recruiter and we’re at the place we should be able to have abundance. That said, the Joey Thomas endorsement is really intriguing. I know he’s probably just talking up his boy, but if he really does have the appeal to the urban African American kid, that’s a major leg up in recruiting at this specific position (and one we have obviously lacked).

Combine with the fact it really does appear he can coach, and I’m intrigued.

When has he ever been at a program capable of getting high-profile recruits? I don't think he's ever even been at a Power-5 school before. He's an unproven recruiter but you can't call him a mediocre recruiter until he has a chance to recruit to a big school like UW.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Maybe the cult of McVey will have some positives. He gets credit as a genius and his offense runs all the same plays over and over without even all the multiple formation shit. Run the ball then play action. Receivers are wide open

True genius is to make the complex simple.

Kyle Shannahan and Josh McDaniels run insanely complex offensive schemes with a high degree of success too. 2 sides to the coin
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,857
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Naw, hate until you love... it’s the American Way.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,200
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

Maybe the cult of McVey will have some positives. He gets credit as a genius and his offense runs all the same plays over and over without even all the multiple formation shit. Run the ball then play action. Receivers are wide open

Kyle Shannahan and Josh McDaniels run insanely complex offensive schemes with a high degree of success too. 2 sides to the coin
    They also have all year to work on them. Not 20 hours a week with 18 year olds

Sure, anyone can learn anything given enough time. 5th year senior and they are ready to go

Shanahan and McDaniels like to be called a genius. Gilby had the same problem. Most coaches do and most coaches are PE teachers with a nice salary
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    edited January 2019
    Just a boring hire. Hope this post doesn’t age well.
  • Options
    JustWinNowJustWinNow Member Posts: 357
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

RealRhino said:

The real issue, IMO, is that we don’t have great receivers and we run bullshit plays that require great receivers for success. But to me the obvious answer isn’t just to keep firing people until we get a great recruiter that can get great receivers, it’s to stop running bullshit plays where we make it easy on the defender to cover our decent receivers. I want both, but our receivers should be good enough now to get open if we help them with coaching.

Either that or our receivers get open decently we just have spent four years with a qb who needs them to be wide open.

I’m pretty much LIPO on everything regarding the offense until we see it with another QB.

Seeing Dante Pettis go second round and have a strong rookie year after a decent but not great senior year gave me a lot of pause. I think our receivers are better than we know.
    This. This I like. I will give the receivers the benefit of the doubt. Frowning was trash. We will see the truth with Eason hopefully. Also I'm a reetaard only 65% what does LIPO mean?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

chuck said:

Was kicked of of Erickson's wild pack of beaves for felony assault. I'm encouraged!

Football players beat up or at least abuse civilian students at parties all the time. The programs are fortunate that the incidents are rarely reported.

Three well known Poly OL at UW in the early 90s wrecked a party at my place and one kicked my 140lb friend in the head. All this over control of the music. Two of the three would have been fucked had the police been called, but even the libtard crowd I hung out with were mostly football fans and about half season ticket holders. Nobody even mentioned the idea of making a thing out of it. Almost everyone there had seen the same type if shit happen before.
    1999. Roger Fa’agataa repeatedly punched me in the face.

Never got me down.

Rog' definitely had a bit of a temper if you got on his bad side ...

Definitely had a dust ups with players over the years.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

RealRhino said:

The real issue, IMO, is that we don’t have great receivers and we run bullshit plays that require great receivers for success. But to me the obvious answer isn’t just to keep firing people until we get a great recruiter that can get great receivers, it’s to stop running bullshit plays where we make it easy on the defender to cover our decent receivers. I want both, but our receivers should be good enough now to get open if we help them with coaching.

Either that or our receivers get open decently we just have spent four years with a qb who needs them to be wide open.

I’m pretty much LIPO on everything regarding the offense until we see it with another QB.

Seeing Dante Pettis go second round and have a strong rookie year after a decent but not great senior year gave me a lot of pause. I think our receivers are better than we know.
    This. This I like. I will give the receivers the benefit of the doubt. Frowning was trash. We will see the truth with Eason hopefully. Also I'm a reetaard only 65% what does LIPO mean?
    let it play out
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    NEsnake12 said:

Shanahan's offense really isn't that different from McVay's. Lot's of outside zone and play-action, and using the RBs in the passing game. Super complicated shit, yo.

I mean, I didn't watch the 49ers a ton this year. Maybe he has adapted it a bit because he doesn't have RBs or an O-line there. But traditionally that's been his style.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,857
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

RealRhino said:

81% of the time, re-tard.