Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Out of curiosity, a question for the board regarding Taylor Rapp

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,420 Founders Club
If you knew in early December that Taylor Rapp was going to sit out the Rose Bowl, would it have made you less inclined to travel to Pasadena?

Out of curiosity, a question for the board regarding Taylor Rapp 60 votes

Yes
15%
whlinderMeekpawzForeskinWalletDawgUDubHusky23Wombat_GuernicaPineapplePiratejhfstyle24Emoterman 9 votes
No
36%
RaceBannonSwayeHillsboroDuckExtraChrisBSarkinghamDooglesGreenRiverGatorzBasemanPostal91LebamDawgSourcesSledogMiley_CyrusDoog_de_JourBearsWiinDawgFaderBeerThirtyBigDaddyNickUW_Doog_Botwhooliganz 22 votes
Stalin, what a dumb poll. And you had the audacity to criticize Gladstone's shitty polls?
48%
DerekJohnsonCFetters_Nacho_LoveriDawgBennyBeaverPurpleBazehoneybadger40dhdawgDennis_DeYoungUWhuskytskeetDugtheDoogHomebrew_DawgdrogginsDoogieMcDoogersonbiak1HUSKYFANATICAlexisminion_doogPitchfork51godawgstbackthepack 29 votes

Comments

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,401 Swaye's Wigwam
    No
    No, rose bowl is rose bowl to me but I live in the area so it's easy to say.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,966
    Baseman said:

It wasn’t so much he sat out, it was the effect his absence had on the outcome of the game that makes his decision hard to swallow.

The coverup makes sense. Ostensibly the guise of injury reduces precedent for future players sitting out. It attempted to confuse tOSU (didn’t work)

He was selfish and so am I (we?)

After OSU scored just before half I saw Pete approach Rapp. A conversation ensued. I wouldn’t say heated but it was clear Pete had something on his mind. Rapp walked way. I’m guessing Pete, unhappy over the passing touchdown, asked Rapp to play or maybe to fuck off.

It’s telling—to me anyway— Rapp came out in the second half in street clothes.

I care and am not over it.

Say it to his face!

For real.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    No

Baseman said:

It wasn’t so much he sat out, it was the effect his absence had on the outcome of the game that makes his decision hard to swallow.

The coverup makes sense. Ostensibly the guise of injury reduces precedent for future players sitting out. It attempted to confuse tOSU (didn’t work)

After OSU scored just before half I saw Pete approach Rapp. A conversation ensued. I wouldn’t say heated but it was clear Pete had something on his mind. Rapp walked way. I’m guessing Pete, unhappy over the passing touchdown, asked Rapp to play or maybe to fuck off.

Say it to his face!

For real.
    He doesn’t want to see me angry
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Yes
    Baseman said:

if this part is true then i am glad he got intimidated for it...Pete won't let it happen again.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    No

I would never let any player, coach, athletic director, or PAC 12 commissioner’s decisions deprive me of the opportunity of going to cheer on my team in one of the greatest events in all of sports.

And I was also promised free booze by the TSIO boys soooooo...

So, now we gonna hear the “I got so drunk I can’t remember anything” excuse?
    Shhhhhh....
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    Stalin, what a dumb poll. And you had the audacity to criticize Gladstone's shitty polls?

Ditto

But I'm done attending games until I see one big win on TV
    I made this decision after watching the Auburn debacle.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter
    No

I would never let any player, coach, athletic director, or PAC 12 commissioner’s decisions deprive me of the opportunity of going to cheer on my team in one of the greatest events in all of sports.

So, now we gonna hear the “I got so drunk I can’t remember anything” excuse?
    Nope. While my memory is a little fuzzy, I remember most of what happened on New Years Day.

Everything I don’t was probably captured on someone’s camera phone and posted to YouTube.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853

I am just glad he had the decency to stfu and not give a speech like Royce freeman

Freeman was definitely embarrassing.
    Fucking Las Vegas bowl.

No one gave a shit when nkeal sat out and he didn't try to make it about him.
  • minion_doogminion_doog Member Posts: 1,979

Ditto

But I'm done attending games until I see one big win on TV
    I made this decision after watching the Auburn debacle.
    I get this. I feel the opposite now. I let Browning suck a great deal of joy out of Huskies Football. Now that he's gone, I can reinvest. I'll go to the next 3-4 bowls or playoffs, even an away hawt ticket again.*

*I hope this ages well
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    No

And you drank it!