Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We don't deal in hypotheticals (shit pole)

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,012 Founders Club
But if we did, where would you rank the 2018 campaign amongst the good to great Husky seasons of the past 41 years IF we pull off the upset of Urbs and the Buckeyes?

We don't deal in hypotheticals (shit pole) 33 votes

G.O.A.T - 1st place
3%
Fenderbender123 1 vote
Our 2nd greatest season since football was invented in 1977
0%
Bronze Medal (3rd place for those of you who don't know your alloys)
3%
YellowSnow 1 vote
4th bestest
18%
biak1DooglesGreenRiverGatorzminion_doogPineapplePirateBlastDoor 6 votes
5th place
27%
CFetters_Nacho_LoverSwayeHillsboroDuckMad_Son2001400exhaieEwaDawgdannarcsMeLLThEGl0vE 9 votes
6th place
18%
DerekJohnsonDawgtonaLebamDawgbackthepackEl_KRDR 6 votes
7th place
6%
CaptainPJEmoterman 2 votes
8th place
24%
BennyBeaverAtomicDawgDennis_DeYounghuskyhooliganPitchfork51theknowledgeJoeydirtysouwfdawg 8 votes

Comments

• DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,546 Founders Club
    4th bestest
    EwaDawg said:

at best. Three fucking losses, man. To mediocre teams.

Assuming a victory, the story Arc negates some of the sting of the losses.

This has been a miserable season because of crushed expectations, however we beat tOSU it will culminate to an incredible tantric explosion.

• minion_doogminion_doog Member Posts: 1,996
    4th bestest
    No if, this is a must win. It's time
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,169
    5th place
    2018 (if rose bowl win)
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,012 Founders Club
    edited December 2018
    This will be sacrilege to many, but I think if we win this game, this is our 3rd greatest season of the past 41 years. Yes, we have 3 losses, but keep in mind we've only had 3 one loss or less seasons (inc bowl game outcomes) in the past 41 years- i.e., '84, '91 and '00. Once you get into 2 to 3 loss seasons it's the waters start to get muddied.

'91 and '84 are the clear #1 and #2. But if you start to break down the other possibilities for 3rd place- i.e., '90, '00, '16 - etc, I think an argument can be made that a shitty Rose Bowl win over Urbs and a final ranking of #5 or #6 besting those seasons.

1991 - Only 2 losses but one was to a shitty UCLA at home which is better than our loss to Cal this year. Yeah we smoked an 8-3 Iowa - so what?

2000 - Beating Miami will always be one of our greatest non con wins, but we got them at home at the right time. They would have smoked us in a Bowl game rematch by 14 pts or more that year. I think beating Ohio State in the Rose Bowl would easily rival that Miami win and signal that we are back nationally and not just in the Pac.

2016 -Only 1 regular season loss, but that was a very manageable schedule and the offense was dwag shit in big games (i.e., USC and Bamma) just like this year. Beating Ohio St in the Rose Bowl >>> than losing the Bama in the CFP.

At any rate, that's my two cents. I've got Rose Bowl fever every waking hour of the day and it's all I can think about right now.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    5th place

To young to see 60/61

This shit pole makes me miss Gladstone's shit poles.

Glad that I could be of service during these trying times.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,667 Standard Supporter
    6th place
    I have no reading comprehension so did not see the 41 year limit. I suck at that kind of stuff. As a little whipper my folks demanded absolute quiet for the 60 and 61 RB wins - James' first RB was also great, the triple up at the end of James' career and Newweasel's RB.
    Beating theOhioState would be impressive as hell - and move up the list fer sure
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,138
    5th place
    2001400ex said:

To young to see 60/61

Okay. . . . Original poast was in the last 41 years . . .

Math...………...its hard.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,986
    EwaDawg said:

2001400ex said:

To young to see 60/61

Okay. . . . Original poast was in the last 41 years . . .

Math...………...its hard.

Probably was a big part of your SAT struggles. Hopefully the boys didn't inherit your brain.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,465 Founders Club
    6th place

This shit pole makes me miss Gladstone's shit poles.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,465 Founders Club
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    5th place
    I need to change my vote to 6th place

5th place

This will be sacrilege to many, but I think if we win this game, this is our 3rd greatest season of the past 41 years. Yes, we have 3 losses, but keep in mind we've only had 3 one loss or less seasons (inc bowl game outcomes) in the past 41 years- i.e., '84, '91 and '00. Once you get into 2 to 3 loss seasons it's the waters start to get muddied.

'91 and '84 are the clear #1 and #2. But if you start to break down the other possibilities for 3rd place- i.e., '90, '00, '16 - etc, I think an argument can be made that a shitty Rose Bowl win over Urbs and a final ranking of #5 or #6 besting those seasons.

1991 - Only 2 losses but one was to a shitty UCLA at home which is better than our loss to Cal this year. Yeah we smoked an 8-3 Iowa - so what?

2000 - Beating Miami will always be one of our greatest non con wins, but we got them at home at the right time. They would have smoked us in a Bowl game rematch by 14 pts or more that year. I think beating Ohio State in the Rose Bowl would easily rival that Miami win and signal that we are back nationally and not just in the Pac.

2016 -Only 1 regular season loss, but that was a very manageable schedule and the offense was dwag shit in big games (i.e., USC and Bamma) just like this year. Beating Ohio St in the Rose Bowl >>> than losing the Bama in the CFP.

At any rate, that's my two cents. I've got Rose Bowl fever every waking hour of the day and it's all I can think about right now.

You're putting way too much stock into beating a mediocre Ohio State team that got ass basted by a Purdue team with no Drew Brees.

STOp.

You're putting way too much stock into beating a mediocre Ohio State team that got ass basted by a Purdue team with no Drew Brees.

STOp.
    Disagree.
    5th place

STOp.
    Disagree.
    Let’s compare 2000 to 2018 (all ranks AP)
    Preseason rank: 13 versus 6
    Final rank: 3 versus 6 or 7
    12-1 versus hypothetical 11-3
    Best win: Miami (finished #2) versus tOSU (would finish around #10)
    Second best win: A ranked Oregon State (finished #4) versus WSU (at best two losses and ranked around 11 at best)
    Third best win: Purdue (13) versus Utah (twice, final rank around 16ish?)
    Loss(es): at #7 Oregon versus semi road at Auburn, at Oregon, at Cal (all currently I ranked and voteless save Oregon who has one songle vote and is tied for 33rd...with Troy)

This isn’t even a contest. Throw in the fun of watching Tui and the “we’re back” peak of the RN era and 2000 was just significantly better, even with a less illustrious Rose Bowel victim.

Seriously 2000 gave two BCS bowel victors and final ranked top 4 teams their only loss. 2018 won’t do anything as impressive as either of those. And 2000 has two less losses!

I can’t belive I’m even arguing about this.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,739 Founders Club
    Are we now tagging @Gladstone so that when @Gladstone is back, @Gladstone have a lot of notifications?
  • CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    edited December 2018
    I am thinking of voting for first or second due to recency bias, but I don't want to be only one voting for it. Someone else join me first.