Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We don't deal in hypotheticals (shit pole)

2»

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    5th place

I need to change my vote to 6th place

16 ended in a loss. Would be behind this year if we beat OSU. (If we beat bama but lost in NC, then 16 would be legit. Probably over 90 and 00.)
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    5th place
    2001400ex said:

16 ended in a loss. Would be behind this year if we beat OSU. (If we beat bama but lost in NC, then 16 would be legit. Probably over 90 and 00.)
    2016 made it to the playoff, there’s no way in hell a three loss season that ended in October is better than that.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    5th place
    All of you dum dum's don't get it.

1991 (Emptermanana)
    1984 (Suck it Switzer)
    2000 (Cardiac Kids)
    2013 (Sark's dominant barely .500 campaign leads to Saint Haden saving our program)
    2018 (#MMFG)
  • ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    DNC is dialed tf in.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,011 Founders Club
    edited December 2018
    Bronze Medal (3rd place for those of you who don't know your alloys)

2001400ex said:

2016 made it to the playoff, there’s no way in hell a three loss season that ended in October is better than that.
    Now wait one Cotton Exchange picking minute Hills...

2016 - Great season but the offense still shrivel dicked against good defenses. I’m not convinced that team would have beat a middling (albeit talented) SEC team on the road. A hypothetical win over Urbs and a top 6 tOSU would better any quality win than that team had.

2000- I think I’m hindsight biased against this team being a one hit wonder anomaly. Again the Miami win was phenomenal but the stars were aligned perfectly. We don’t get those types of opportunities much anymore with the OOC schedule so we don’t know what 2016, 17, or 18 could have done at home against a good Power 5. The recent teams also have a Husky Stadium that is not the intimidating venue it once was. The 2018 defense is elite. 2000 not so much. Man, what Tui could have done with the current defense and MMFG.

Again, a loss in this Shitty Rose Bowl means this team is like 7th or 8th place. Alls I’m saying is a win here would completely transform how we remember this team. It would give us instant national credibility.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,948 Founders Club
    5th place
    Mad_Son said:

2018 (if rose bowl win)

I agree except I put 2000 as 3rd best followed by 1990.

DNC is dialed tf in.

No. He’s just trying to shit all over my Shitty Rose Bowl delusions.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,799 Founders Club
    8th place
    '91
    '84
    '60
    '01
    '16
    '59
    '90
    '18 if we? beat TOSU
    '82

'18 beats '82 for the fact that TOSU is a far superior team to Iowa.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    edited December 2018
    5th place

2001400ex said:

2016 - Great season but the offense still shrivel dicked against good defenses. I’m not convinced that team would have beat a middling (albeit talented) SEC team on the road. A hypothetical win over Urbs and a top 6 tOSU would better any quality win than that team had.

2000- I think I’m hindsight biased against this team being a one hit wonder anomaly. Again the Miami win was phenomenal but the stars were aligned perfectly. We don’t get those types of opportunities much anymore with the OOC schedule so we don’t know what 2016, 17, or 18 could have done at home against a good Power 5. The recent teams also have a Husky Stadium that is not the intimidating venue it once was. The 2018 defense is elite. 2000 not so much. Man, what Tui could have done with the current defense and MMFG.

Again, a loss in this Shitty Rose Bowl means this team is like 7th or 8th place. Alls I’m saying is a win here would completely transform how we remember this team. It would give us instant national credibility.
    It’s nkt even 7 or 8 if we lose this game.

I don’t understand your “2000” was a one hit wonder argument when a. You’re putting so much stock in a win over tOSU overcoming an otherwise meh season by conference champion standards b. 2000s second best win kicks the shit out of 2018s and c. 2000s third best win kicks the shit out of 2018s third best win (and maybe it’s second).

Your argument is based on awful reasoning.

2000 >>>>>>> 2018, even with the hypothetical RB win. It’s not close.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,974
    G.O.A.T - 1st place
    Best Husky team in my lifetime....
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,025
    Jesus fucking Christ YOU LOST TO CAL
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,541 Swaye's Wigwam
    5th place
    BearsWiin said:

Cal wasn't that bad this year.

2001400ex said:

It’s nkt even 7 or 8 if we lose this game.

I don’t understand your “2000” was a one hit wonder argument when a. You’re putting so much stock in a win over tOSU overcoming an otherwise meh season by conference champion standards b. 2000s second best win kicks the shit out of 2018s and c. 2000s third best win kicks the shit out of 2018s third best win (and maybe it’s second).

Your argument is based on awful reasoning.

2000 >>>>>>> 2018, even with the hypothetical RB win. It’s not close.
    BearsWiin said:

Karma for 1993 man.