Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Who Develops Talent Best in the Pac-12?

Black eye for USC, UCLA, Stanford and Oregon, IMO.

Feel free to retweet this if you want good players in our class.

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Who gets most wins out of their stars?
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    good chit, but some recruits and their families will always take the coffee cup in the hand versus two in the bush...some dads won't fly; just won't....some recruits will always want to be closer to home (Bama) and some recruits will always enjoy recruiting more than getting developed.

another way of saying i don't think we really have much more upside than we're hitting now.

just my opinion; don't twist.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    You should do a HH graph showing the expected fucktardness of HH denizens relative to their length of stay here ... just for fun.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

What is the methodology for "expected # of all P12 players"? Hope it isn't as simple as # of 4/5 star recruits but I can't figure out how you give any value to 2/3*s and OSU still ends up at just 1 expected all conference player over 3 years.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,176
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

What is the methodology for "expected # of all P12 players"? Hope it isn't as simple as # of 4/5 star recruits but I can't figure out how you give any value to 2/3*s and OSU still ends up at just 1 expected all conference player over 3 years.
    Go fuck yourself.

To even ask this fucking dumb of a question means you either think I'm a retard or you're a retard. In either case, fuck off.

But if you must know...

--so, first just M and SD for all AC players per team; M roughly 6, SD roughly 5.
    --then z score for average recruit during the relevant period (using the 1-100 composite scale because FUCKING OBVIOUSLY THE STAR SCALE DOESN'T WORK YOU FUCKING IDIOT)

Then...

EV = MEAN(AC) + z-score(REC)*SD(AC)

Like a fucking expected value calculation.

How the fuck did you think I was doing it?

I hope some day one of you morons posts something interesting. Until then fuck off.

Straightforward and awesome. Retweeted from my "positive" account. It seems to have gotten some attention. Great job DDY.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Go fuck yourself.

To even ask this fucking dumb of a question means you either think I'm a retard or you're a retard. In either case, fuck off.

But if you must know...

--so, first just M and SD for all AC players per team; M roughly 6, SD roughly 5.
    --then z score for average recruit during the relevant period (using the 1-100 composite scale because FUCKING OBVIOUSLY THE STAR SCALE DOESN'T WORK YOU FUCKING IDIOT)

Then...

EV = MEAN(AC) + z-score(REC)*SD(AC)

Like a fucking expected value calculation.

How the fuck did you think I was doing it?

I hope some day one of you morons posts something interesting. Until then fuck off.

Straightforward and awesome. Retweeted from my "positive" account. It seems to have gotten some attention. Great job DDY.
    OH SHIT I JUST PASSED MY JUNIOR YEAR STATS CLASS!!!! WOOOOO!!!!