Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to all other Jack Huskies

124»

Comments

• Options
    CougarfsCougarfs Member Posts: 46
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    This is an absolutely hilarious thread. All the insecure jack huskies listing their bona fides. Not even mad about the Apple Cup anymore. Hahaha!
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

So what do you call my two gal friends who both grew up going to Husky games with their Dad's (all 4 of them), didn't qual for UW (too hot and dumb for that mess), graduated WSU, and are now back wearing the chrome purple and tan on Saturday's?

Sluts.

My sister hates herself and is a jack cuog just to add more family drama to the thanksgiving holiday. Talk shit all week, lose, act like nothing happened. LRR.

How anyone could be a jack husky without some serious ties is beyond me, I tried to quit on UW football for 10 years 2003-13. If you have a problem with jack ____ fans never visit Texas or the south.

Pics?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited November 2018
  • Options

@creepycoug has more UW classes than us all.

Fifth year for the double major. 3 moar at Condon Hall for the pretend law degree. Yeah you're probably right.

Don't tell faggot bob about this thread. He'll freak out that I brought it up.
    plz tell me u got the law degree outside of WA?
    Nope. UW. Almost went to Penn. in hindsight should have. The debt scared me off.
    is UW's law school any good? is it even respected?
    Yes, it's pretty solid. Not where the medical school or comp sci programs are, but like around where Foster would be. That is, it's a school that typically shows up in the lower top 25 or top 30. It's harder to get into than most of its peers in that zone of the top 50, and has been for years. When I was there, most of us in my class of about 155 (it's one of the smaller national law schools) had offers from top-tier schools and stayed to save money. In my era, you needed to be north of a 3.6 or so undergrad, and where you went to undergrad mattered. We had tons of people from New England LACs like Williams and Amherst, and we had tons of people from the UC system, representing. Very, very few directional state school kids.

Where UW was tuff was on the test score side. The LSAT has always been a big deal in law school admissions, but UW was known as a "test-heavy" school, meaning if you weren't in the range on the LSAT, there was little you could have done as an undergrad to make up for it and you would not get in. In my era, you needed to be in that 42 out of 48 on the lsat, which put you in the low 90th to 92nd percentile. If you wanted to be assured of getting in, you needed to really hammer it with a 43 or 44, which is not easy. Every point over 39 on the old test put you in increasingly rare company.

On the whole, UW law was and is known well for its Asian Law program and library collection. It's also a solid place to study Indian law (hi @Swaye ), which is incredibly complex.

But, like UW itself, it lacks the national name for prestige and it doesn't translate well to the big money centers, where the competition is keen. It does well in Seattle because it's in Seattle. But if you want to work in Chicago, LA, SF, Boston, NY, etc. etc. at a top-tier firm, you want top 5. It's roughly the equivalent of getting your law degree at Boston College, Boston U, Wisconsin, UNC, UC Hastings, etc. etc.

Tippy top is Yale, Harvard, Columbia, Stanford, Michigan (yep, their law school is very elite), Boalt (Berkeley), Chicago and maybe Duke.

There is another tier between tippy top and Washington's group that is too long to list here, but it's like Cornell, Penn, UVa, Georgetown, UCLA, Texas, USC, etc.
  • Options

@creepycoug has more UW classes than us all.

Fifth year for the double major. 3 moar at Condon Hall for the pretend law degree. Yeah you're probably right.

Don't tell faggot bob about this thread. He'll freak out that I brought it up.
    plz tell me u got the law degree outside of WA?
    Nope. UW. Almost went to Penn. in hindsight should have. The debt scared me off.
    is UW's law school any good? is it even respected?
    Yes, it's pretty solid. Not where the medical school or comp sci programs are, but like around where Foster would be. That is, it's a school that typically shows up in the lower top 25 or top 30. It's harder to get into than most of its peers in that zone of the top 50, and has been for years. When I was there, most of us in my class of about 155 (it's one of the smaller national law schools) had offers from top-tier schools and stayed to save money. In my era, you needed to be north of a 3.6 or so undergrad, and where you went to undergrad mattered. We had tons of people from New England LACs like Williams and Amherst, and we had tons of people from the UC system, representing. Very, very few directional state school kids.

Where UW was tuff was on the test score side. The LSAT has always been a big deal in law school admissions, but UW was known as a "test-heavy" school, meaning if you weren't in the range on the LSAT, there was little you could have done as an undergrad to make up for it and you would not get in. In my era, you needed to be in that 42 out of 48 on the lsat, which put you in the low 90th to 92nd percentile. If you wanted to be assured of getting in, you needed to really hammer it with a 43 or 44, which is not easy. Every point over 39 on the old test put you in increasingly rare company.

On the whole, UW law was and is known well for its Asian Law program and library collection. It's also a solid place to study Indian law (hi @Swaye ), which is incredibly complex.

But, like UW itself, it lacks the national name for prestige and it doesn't translate well to the big money centers, where the competition is keen. It does well in Seattle because it's in Seattle. But if you want to work in Chicago, LA, SF, Boston, NY, etc. etc. at a top-tier firm, you want top 5. It's roughly the equivalent of getting your law degree at Boston College, Boston U, Wisconsin, UNC, UC Hastings, etc. etc.

Tippy top is Yale, Harvard, Columbia, Stanford, Michigan (yep, their law school is very elite), Boalt (Berkeley), Chicago and maybe Duke.

There is another tier between tippy top and Washington's group that is too long to list here, but it's like Cornell, Penn, UVa, Georgetown, UCLA, Texas, USC, etc.

Wood. Hardly.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Cougarfs said:

This is an absolutely hilarious thread. All the insecure jack huskies listing their bona fides. Not even mad about the Apple Cup anymore. Hahaha!

Bump
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I love the coogs who get their cunts sandy that there are uw fans who didn’t go to UW #remorastrong. And fuck off.

There's gotta be a lot of resentment there. Being a coog means you're sentenced for life to follow the team. It means relying on a tradition of rallying gimmicks rather than wins. It's like a religion, a cult. When you are scared and weak, you make happy shit up to fill the void, keep you calm. I don't blame them, it's gotta be really hard.