Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jordan Banks, 2020 4* Buck/LB, Harbor City (Narbonne), CA (NOT committed to Bama)

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

BayDawg said:

With all these young explosive players available why are we settling on Fuller returning punts? It makes zero sense to me.

Pete values safety more than explosiveness. He wants someone who won't make mistakes first and foremost.
    true.

on the one hand I totally agree.

on the other hand, you have to have guys back there who can make those subtle split second decisions properly otherwise you end up with Aaron Fuller fair catching 100% of the punts and you never flip the field.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,617
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BayDawg said:

With all these young explosive players available why are we settling on Fuller returning punts? It makes zero sense to me.

Catching and holding into the ball are important. Remember Kasen being the primary punt returner? He wasn't getting away from anybody, but he didn't turn it over.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

BayDawg said:

Pete values safety more than explosiveness. He wants someone who won't make mistakes first and foremost.
    Because he's a pussy who coaches not to lose. He needs to be more aggressive and take more risks and play the more talented guys that are less experienced.
    True
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

BayDawg said:

I think he’s stubborn too. He handpicked Fuller. He was even talking about how good of a punt returner he would be when we had Pettis.
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    dnc said:

BayDawg said:

I mean, I understand that but shit, it just feels so defeatist. We have 3 or 4 young guys that are threats.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    BayDawg said:

dnc said:

BayDawg said:

I mean, I understand that but shit, it just feels so defeatist. We have 3 or 4 young guys that are threats.
    I love your avatar. I mean really love it. TYFYS
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    If I ever see Aaron Fuller’s name in this beloved thread again, I will kill 93% of you before PAC-12 play starts.
  • Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

BayDawg said:

Because he's a pussy who coaches not to lose. He needs to be more aggressive and take more risks and play the more talented guys that are less experienced.
    2007 Fiesta Bowl.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I hope this kid ends up a dawg
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

If I ever see Aaron Fuller’s name in this beloved thread again, I will kill 93% of you before PAC-12 play starts.

*cough *cough* Aaron Fuller, Andre Bacellia, and Quinton Pounds
    JORDAN CHIN!!!!!!
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Considering Pete's loyalty and love for try hards a world exists in which andre bacteria drops to a knee 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage to catch a flanker screen thrown by Jake fucking haener. Cook it. It will happen.
  • Options
    TacoSoupTacoSoup Member Posts: 148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Penace said:

Considering Pete's loyalty and love for try hards a world exists in which andre bacteria drops to a knee 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage to catch a flanker screen thrown by Jake fucking haener. Cook it. It will happen.

Brian Slater once led UW in receiving yards
  • Options
    TacoSoupTacoSoup Member Posts: 148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

BayDawg said:

I think he’s stubborn too. He handpicked Fuller. He was even talking about how good of a punt returner he would be when we had Pettis.
    Could also be that he saw Fuller return punts in practice in 16 and 17, when we? were competent at punt return blocking.

I presume last year, early on, they saw the god-awfulness and told him to essentially wave the white flag unless it's perfect.

/end of glass-half-full view
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2019
    Consider this thread your death certificate. Let’s talk about how much this defense has missed Littleton and Mathis instead of the 4 people who are causing the most pain in my life.

Oh yeah and PGOS is a fag
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Crawfish said:

dnc said:

BayDawg said:

2007 Fiesta Bowl.
    12 years ago since Pete last nutted up. For some reason that's not inspiring me.