Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If rich people rigged the system

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

Why do they pay most of the income tax? Leftards really don't think things through. Explain the Oregon PERS system to me and how it is rigged for the rich? Explain why leftards are opposed to vouchers that would give poor black kids and their parents a fighting chance?

Well this is a stupid line to take.

Let’s say there’s a football game and the referees decide they’re only going to call penalties on the away team. Now, the away team could still win but the home team has been given an unfair advantage. That is what we are describing as rigged. It’s not 100% outcome decided rigged but rigged fits the situation. The reason it’s this way is because we have elections. They avoid big dick swinging fuck you moves, for the most part, and instead take smaller steps hoping you won’t notice (it’s working).

You may disagree with the way the word is being used but if you can’t figure out what we mean then you’re just being a fucking idiot. It comes across like you reached your conclusion on this before understanding the arguments. So you don’t know how to make arguments for and against it because you don’t understand them. You just know the conclusion.

As for vouchers, they don’t work bro. Again you made up your mind that they do because it sounds good to you but the evidence isn’t there. Even the positive studies use words like “modest” and “maybe”. I think it was in Louisiana where proponents of the voucher system claimed victory because they performed as well as public schools. If only every black kid had a chance to go to a school as good as a public school.
    How do you explain someone like Oprah Winfrey, Robert Smith or Robert L. Johnson in a rigged system?

You are seriously asking that after the explanation that was provided? Sometimes you just gotta step away from the keyboard.
    Great strategy - dismiss the question you don't like as 'stupid'.

If the system is so rigged, how does this happen?

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2018

2001400ex said:

Why do they pay most of the income tax? Leftards really don't think things through. Explain the Oregon PERS system to me and how it is rigged for the rich? Explain why leftards are opposed to vouchers that would give poor black kids and their parents a fighting chance?

Let’s say there’s a football game and the referees decide they’re only going to call penalties on the away team. Now, the away team could still win but the home team has been given an unfair advantage. That is what we are describing as rigged. It’s not 100% outcome decided rigged but rigged fits the situation. The reason it’s this way is because we have elections. They avoid big dick swinging fuck you moves, for the most part, and instead take smaller steps hoping you won’t notice (it’s working).

You may disagree with the way the word is being used but if you can’t figure out what we mean then you’re just being a fucking idiot. It comes across like you reached your conclusion on this before understanding the arguments. So you don’t know how to make arguments for and against it because you don’t understand them. You just know the conclusion.

As for vouchers, they don’t work bro. Again you made up your mind that they do because it sounds good to you but the evidence isn’t there. Even the positive studies use words like “modest” and “maybe”. I think it was in Louisiana where proponents of the voucher system claimed victory because they performed as well as public schools. If only every black kid had a chance to go to a school as good as a public school.
    How do you explain someone like Oprah Winfrey, Robert Smith or Robert L. Johnson in a rigged system?

You are seriously asking that after the explanation that was provided? Sometimes you just gotta step away from the keyboard.

Throbber you are smarter than that. Read the post.... The example about football refs. It's not rigged against 100% of the people. Just like some wealthy people go bankrupt.

I do find it odd that the crowd that says we need to end food stamps to get people back to work. Is arguing against the fact the system is rigged to keep poor people poor.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Throbber you are smarter than that. Read the post.... The example about football refs. It's not rigged against 100% of the people. Just like some wealthy people go bankrupt.

I do find it odd that the crowd that says we need to end food stamps to get people back to work. Is arguing against the fact the system is rigged to keep poor people poor.
    Still didn't answer the question. how did those people listed beat 'the system'? P-Diddy, Daymon John, Richard Parsons?

did they get the willie wonka magic 'avoid the rigged system' ticket? If they did, that should be advertised so all the po' people at least have some hope beyond food stamps from the man.

Or maybe they just worked like motherfuckers and took advantage of the opportunities presented to them or created their own? The system is rigged is bullshit. Some people get a head start because of looks or last name or whatever - but there's literally nothing holding anybody back in this country from achieving greatness.

So, yeah, I am smarter than that.

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

FRe

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

If there was a "system" that I could rig, why would I rig it to make poor people poorer? I'd rig it to make poor people richer so that I could get many of their parasitic asses off of the public teat thus saving me big $$$$ in tax dollars.

“Why do rich people take more money from poor people instead of giving poor people more of their money?”

A mystery indeed.
    Take? Unless you’re talking about government, no one is taking, except government.

The rich freely give more than anyone. And what fucking business is it of anyone what a person does with their property?
    I don't know about "freely" but the richest 1% currently pay nearly 40% of all income taxes. If they've "rigged" the system, they sure have done a shitty job at it.
    When I said freely I meant by their own free will. Taxation isn’t giving freely, it’s taking under the threat of violence.
    Under threat of violence? El oh fucking El.
    What happens to people who don't pay there taxes Hondo?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

You find it odd that people people are capable of arguing two separate points that have nothing to do with each other? Given your pea sized brain I find that easy to believe.

Saying the system is rigged to keep poor people poor, which you did, is bullshit. Saying eliminating welfare would push many people back into the work force doesn't have anything to do with your statement.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

So why don't rich people rig the system to make poor people richer Hondo? Try not to hurt yourself dodging the question Kunt.

It's clear you've never owned a business or been involved in business decisions. But the vast majority of businesses keep wages and benefits down as best they can. Hence why they spend so much money fighting unions. The lower the wages are, the more money the owners can put in their pocket.
    But your claim is that the system is rigged to keep poor people poorer Hondo. These people in your little story appear to have jobs. So the "system" has given them a job.

Businesses pay the wages and benefits they need to in order to attract the workforce necessary to conduct their business. Plenty of money going into the pockets of Google and Facebook but I wouldn't say that their employees are being made poor.

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Still didn't answer the question. how did those people listed beat 'the system'? P-Diddy, Daymon John, Richard Parsons?

did they get the willie wonka magic 'avoid the rigged system' ticket? If they did, that should be advertised so all the po' people at least have some hope beyond food stamps from the man.

Or maybe they just worked like motherfuckers and took advantage of the opportunities presented to them or created their own? The system is rigged is bullshit. Some people get a head start because of looks or last name or whatever - but there's literally nothing holding anybody back in this country from achieving greatness.

I didn't say there was no way out. Literally my next statement is our country probably has the best system to help people get out as well, with Pell Grants and shit.

BTW. It didn't go unnoticed that you only mentioned wealthy black people.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Hondo thinks because he contradicts himself in his head up the ass claim about the "system" making poor people poorer, that means he never put his head up his ass in the first place.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,025
    Of course the rich get richer. Ever heard the term "it takes money to make money"? Evidently some think this is magic fairy dust. They have money and they use it to make more. HTH
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2018
    I'm not arguing that rich people don't get richer, my point of contention is that the "system" makes poor people poorer and that rich people get richer by taking wealth from poor people. That's obviously a position that these petty little Marxists believe but not one that they are able to defend.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

I didn't say there was no way out. Literally my next statement is our country probably has the best system to help people get out as well, with Pell Grants and shit.

Your google works as good as mine.

• Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Seems to be working out for them, doesn't it?

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2018
    So the size of the "pie" in 1962 is the same size it is today?

The gap in my wealth and Mark Zuckerberg's wealth has exploded in the last 15 years, how has that hurt me? How am I worse off because Zuckerberg has gotten ridiculously wealthy? Who did he steal that money from?
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

So the size of the "pie" in 1962 is the same size it is today?

Are you kidding?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Are you dodging?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

So why don't rich people rig the system to make poor people richer Hondo? Try not to hurt yourself dodging the question Kunt.

It's clear you've never owned a business or been involved in business decisions. But the vast majority of businesses keep wages and benefits down as best they can. Hence why they spend so much money fighting unions. The lower the wages are, the more money the owners can put in their pocket.
    Thank you, Kshama. Your economic ignorance is so helpful at keeping poor people poor. Great job.
    Funny how you throw that out but don't actually refute the argument. Great discussion as always!!
    I get it. Guys like you hate Free Speech.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2018
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

And there it is, folks! The dime store accusation of racism. In fact, Hondo scraped it off the floor of the dime store, because he's that desperate.

Seems to be working out for them, doesn't it?

The next congress could easily increase taxes on the richest people in the Country like Clinton did, and get away with it. But this time, leading the charge against those increases would be the lefties at Microsoft, Google and Facebook, instead of the righties at Shell, Chevron and Texaco.

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Are you dodging?

You really want me to answer whether the total wealth in the US is the same today as it is in 1962? No, Bob, it is not the same.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Then why would you post a graph with the heading: Ultra-wealthy take more of the pie that makes no mention that the size of the pie is much greater today than it was in 1962?

How am I harmed by Zuckerberg's wealth? If the top 1% are taking a large share of the "pie" but the pie is far larger how am I hurt by that? Also, how much of the income taxes are paid by this 1%?

Rich people aren't getting richer by stealing money from poor people.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Then why would you post a graph with the heading: Ultra-wealthy take more of the pie that makes no mention that the size of the pie is much greater today than it was in 1962?

How am I harmed by Zuckerberg's wealth? If the top 1% are taking a large share of the "pie" but the pie is far larger how am I hurt by that? Also, how much of the income taxes are paid by this 1%?

Rich people aren't getting richer by stealing money from poor people.

Your lack of understanding of the effects of economic inequality isn't my problem. There are countless papers published on the subject, feel free to educate yourself.