Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If rich people rigged the system

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

If there was a "system" that I could rig, why would I rig it to make poor people poorer? I'd rig it to make poor people richer so that I could get many of their parasitic asses off of the public teat thus saving me big $$$$ in tax dollars.

“Why do rich people take more money from poor people instead of giving poor people more of their money?”

A mystery indeed.
    Take? Unless you’re talking about government, no one is taking, except government.

The rich freely give more than anyone. And what fucking business is it of anyone what a person does with their property?
    The rich have always taken a greater share of the value that their laborers produce. It evened out some following the New Deal but unionbusting and deregulation carried out by Reagan aand Clinton gutted the middle class. The financial crisis and tepid recovery under Obama twisted the knife.
    Seems to me that plenty of rich folks created wealth that didn't exist prior to their labor. If your beliefs were accurate why wouldn't we have a 1920s GDP today?

Who did Bill Gates steal his money from?

“Why wouldn’t we have a 1920s GDP today?”

Explain how you think economic growth works? It’s a rhetorical question but still one of the dumbest you’ve ever offered.

The tens of thousands of employees at Microsoft and Facebook receive in income a fraction of the value they create for people like Gates, Zuckerberg, and the companies’ upper management/shareholders.
    Define “their value”. And if you go to the labor theory of value fuck off and light yourself on fire.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

FRe

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

If there was a "system" that I could rig, why would I rig it to make poor people poorer? I'd rig it to make poor people richer so that I could get many of their parasitic asses off of the public teat thus saving me big $$$$ in tax dollars.

“Why do rich people take more money from poor people instead of giving poor people more of their money?”

A mystery indeed.
    Take? Unless you’re talking about government, no one is taking, except government.

The rich freely give more than anyone. And what fucking business is it of anyone what a person does with their property?
    I don't know about "freely" but the richest 1% currently pay nearly 40% of all income taxes. If they've "rigged" the system, they sure have done a shitty job at it.
    When I said freely I meant by their own free will. Taxation isn’t giving freely, it’s taking under the threat of violence.
    Under threat of violence? El oh fucking El.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2018
    Please, yes, let’s have a shut down. No White House tours or Lincoln memorial tours for 2 weeks. Ouch!
    2001400ex said:

FRe

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

A mystery indeed.

I don't know about "freely" but the richest 1% currently pay nearly 40% of all income taxes. If they've "rigged" the system, they sure have done a shitty job at it.
    When I said freely I meant by their own free will. Taxation isn’t giving freely, it’s taking under the threat of violence.
    Refuse to pay taxes and see what happens. Dumb fuck.

So if a person gets sentenced to prison for not paying taxes, they can just ignore it, or will people who can leaglly have automatic weapons come for them?
  • Options

Please, yes, let’s have a shut down. No White House tours or Lincoln memorial tours for 2 weeks. Ouch!

2001400ex said:

FRe

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

A mystery indeed.

So if a person gets sentenced to prison for not paying taxes, they can just ignore it, or will people who can leaglly have automatic weapons come for them?
    IRS agents don't legally carry fully automatic weapons. HTH
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,942
    edited November 2018
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

FRe

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

A mystery indeed.

The bad ass gun-toting accountants are in the FBI.

• Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

FRe

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

A mystery indeed.

I know several FBI agents. They don't carry fully automatic weapons either.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2018
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

FRe

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

A mystery indeed.

So refuse to go to prison for tax issues and see if you’re met with violence. Or maybe it’s just a suggestion.

When did I say “fully” in relation to the IRS? That’s your word. Idiot.

Also, as usual, you’re an idiot. https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamandrzejewski/2017/10/20/why-are-federal-bureaucrats-buying-guns-and-ammo-158-million-spent-by-non-military-agencies/#56b93e3a64a1
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

FRe

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

A mystery indeed.

What does the FBI have to do this this conversation? Also, many FBI agents carry “fully” automatic weapons. The fact you don’t know any is irrelevant.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

FRe

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

A mystery indeed.

So refuse to go to prison for tax issues and see if you’re met with violence. Or maybe it’s just a suggestion.

When did I say “fully” in relation to the IRS? That’s your word. Idiot.

Also, as usual, you’re an idiot. https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamandrzejewski/2017/10/20/why-are-federal-bureaucrats-buying-guns-and-ammo-158-million-spent-by-non-military-agencies/#56b93e3a64a1
    Sounds scary. Pussy.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

FRe

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

A mystery indeed.

What does the FBI have to do this this conversation? Also, many FBI agents carry “fully” automatic weapons. The fact you don’t know any is irrelevant.
    Christ, Damone. Unloosen thy sphincter. I do, in fact, know several FBI agents and Secret Service guys.

• Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

FRe

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

A mystery indeed.

Christ, Damone. Unloosen thy sphincter. I do, in fact, know several FBI agents and Secret Service guys.

I’m sorry. You appeared to be being a bitch to Hondo. That’s cool. Tighten the sphincter back up.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    We live in a system where dead beats get a refund that is more than what they paid in taxes in a given year.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Why do they pay most of the income tax? Leftards really don't think things through. Explain the Oregon PERS system to me and how it is rigged for the rich? Explain why leftards are opposed to vouchers that would give poor black kids and their parents a fighting chance?

Well this is a stupid line to take.

Let’s say there’s a football game and the referees decide they’re only going to call penalties on the away team. Now, the away team could still win but the home team has been given an unfair advantage. That is what we are describing as rigged. It’s not 100% outcome decided rigged but rigged fits the situation. The reason it’s this way is because we have elections. They avoid big dick swinging fuck you moves, for the most part, and instead take smaller steps hoping you won’t notice (it’s working).

You may disagree with the way the word is being used but if you can’t figure out what we mean then you’re just being a fucking idiot. It comes across like you reached your conclusion on this before understanding the arguments. So you don’t know how to make arguments for and against it because you don’t understand them. You just know the conclusion.

As for vouchers, they don’t work bro. Again you made up your mind that they do because it sounds good to you but the evidence isn’t there. Even the positive studies use words like “modest” and “maybe”. I think it was in Louisiana where proponents of the voucher system claimed victory because they performed as well as public schools. If only every black kid had a chance to go to a school as good as a public school.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

So why don't rich people rig the system to make poor people richer Hondo? Try not to hurt yourself dodging the question Kunt.

It's clear you've never owned a business or been involved in business decisions. But the vast majority of businesses keep wages and benefits down as best they can. Hence why they spend so much money fighting unions. The lower the wages are, the more money the owners can put in their pocket.
    Thank you, Kshama. Your economic ignorance is so helpful at keeping poor people poor. Great job.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2018

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

A mystery indeed.

The rich have always taken a greater share of the value that their laborers produce. It evened out some following the New Deal but unionbusting and deregulation carried out by Reagan and Clinton gutted the middle class. The financial crisis and tepid recovery under Obama twisted the knife.
    Seems to me that plenty of rich folks created wealth that didn't exist prior to their labor. If your beliefs were accurate why wouldn't we have a 1920s GDP today?

Who did Bill Gates steal his money from?

“Why wouldn’t we have a 1920s GDP today?”

Explain how you think economic growth works? It’s a rhetorical question but still one of the dumbest you’ve ever offered.

The tens of thousands of employees at Microsoft and Facebook receive in income a fraction of the value they create for people like Gates, Zuckerberg, and the companies’ upper management/shareholders.
    Resident Marxist just revealed himself.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

So why don't rich people rig the system to make poor people richer Hondo? Try not to hurt yourself dodging the question Kunt.

It's clear you've never owned a business or been involved in business decisions. But the vast majority of businesses keep wages and benefits down as best they can. Hence why they spend so much money fighting unions. The lower the wages are, the more money the owners can put in their pocket.
    Thank you, Kshama. Your economic ignorance is so helpful at keeping poor people poor. Great job.
    Funny how you throw that out but don't actually refute the argument. Great discussion as always!!
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Why do they pay most of the income tax? Leftards really don't think things through. Explain the Oregon PERS system to me and how it is rigged for the rich? Explain why leftards are opposed to vouchers that would give poor black kids and their parents a fighting chance?

Let’s say there’s a football game and the referees decide they’re only going to call penalties on the away team. Now, the away team could still win but the home team has been given an unfair advantage. That is what we are describing as rigged. It’s not 100% outcome decided rigged but rigged fits the situation. The reason it’s this way is because we have elections. They avoid big dick swinging fuck you moves, for the most part, and instead take smaller steps hoping you won’t notice (it’s working).

You may disagree with the way the word is being used but if you can’t figure out what we mean then you’re just being a fucking idiot. It comes across like you reached your conclusion on this before understanding the arguments. So you don’t know how to make arguments for and against it because you don’t understand them. You just know the conclusion.

As for vouchers, they don’t work bro. Again you made up your mind that they do because it sounds good to you but the evidence isn’t there. Even the positive studies use words like “modest” and “maybe”. I think it was in Louisiana where proponents of the voucher system claimed victory because they performed as well as public schools. If only every black kid had a chance to go to a school as good as a public school.
    How do you explain someone like Oprah Winfrey, Robert Smith or Robert L. Johnson in a rigged system?

• Options

How do you explain someone like Oprah Winfrey, Robert Smith or Robert L. Johnson in a rigged system?

You are seriously asking that after the explanation that was provided? Sometimes you just gotta step away from the keyboard.