Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Favorite Apple Cups

of the modern era - say last 20 or so years. Lose a lot of people here if we go further back

1992 snow bowl sticks out just b/c I got stuck in Pullman in a friends swass '88 Toyota hatchback. Then there was '97

But 2000 was the best, reminds me of Sat night against OSU Panda Bears. Everybody got to run and they basically folded. Best part was then Gov. Gary Locke awarding the trophy to what he called the "Washington State Huskies". Rick's face was priceless

Also the overtimes in the early 2000's w/ Floridian standout Anderson, the backward passes etc.

What say you?

Comments

• 2002. First one I remember. It still haunts HarveyRoad to this day.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Dooging it up from 2001-2003 with consecutive upsets over ranked Wazzu teams.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    C'mon Dabone - lighten up brah
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    2002. I miss Rick.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,706 Founders Club
    At Pullman overtime to beat the Dynasty
  • fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212
    2002 for sure ... It was like 'escape from New York' trying to get out of there...

Good thing I know Kung Fu
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,771 Founders Club
    1987 AC was the first ever Husky game that I attended. I was a senior in HS and my brother snuck me in. The student section was totally out of control and a lot of fun. So, that one is very memorable for me. I enjoyed watching the 1990 & 1991 games, for obvious reasons.

The Pickett to Corey Williams TD pass to win is etched into my memory as well.

I forget the year, but Cooper's PIC-6 to seal the deal happened right in front of Section 8 in Husky Stadium. The whole place went crazy. It was one of those three cinsecutive 10-win coog teams. I think tanking the AC prevented them from going to the Rose Bowl.
  • AuburndawgAuburndawg Member Posts: 362
    2009, 2000, 1991

I like my Apple Cups without drama

1987 AC was the first ever Husky game that I attended. I was a senior in HS and my brother snuck me in. The student section was totally out of control and a lot of fun. So, that one is very memorable for me. I enjoyed watching the 1990 & 1991 games, for obvious reasons.

I forget the year, but Cooper's PIC-6 to seal the deal happened right in front of Section 8 in Husky Stadium. The whole place went crazy. It was one of those three cinsecutive 10-win coog teams. I think tanking the AC prevented them from going to the Rose Bowl.

Corey Williams and cooper were same game Brah ...
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2013

Corey Williams and cooper were same game Brah ...
    Are you serious dude?

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,771 Founders Club
    fivehundred,

Thanks dude...
  • RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    I awesomed your post for use of swass.
  • RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    1989 and the mace
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,568 Founders Club
    1990, 2002. 1996 & 1997 were entertaining but obviously the result of one sucked. I've missed a ton - '89, 94, '03, '08.

Al Burleson
    Spider Gaines

A not crisp rain the whole game

Good one!!! ... I was only 4 ... But even then I knew Spider Gaines was a pimp ...

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2013
    Swaye said:

2000. Colder than fuck, almost empty by the 4th quarter, and I got to watch Slick parade around with roses after winning by almost 50 fucking points. Later, I banged out a drunk WSU broad who was 10 years my junior. Good times. Slick Rick made the Huskies fun. I miss that.

Fond memories from that game. Ran out on the field. Dapped Jeremy Stevens, shook Rick's hand, and got a W off the helmet from Spencer Marona. I put that shit on my binder at school and got all the young hoes. It was pretty cool stuff for a 13 year old.

I have been to some shitty Apple Cups as well. '94 was cold as fuck for a seven year old and we played like shit, '96 was a win, but my feet were frozen and I remember being excited to go home. 1997 was when Brock threw 4 or 5 picks, and the Cougs clinched a Rose Bowl birth.

2000 was my favorite, but 2000-2003 were all great, and I was at every single one. I used to love the Apple Cup, and some of my fondest memories as a Husky fan are from these games. This year, I had the option of going to the game, but am choosing not to. I don't even give a fuck about seeing the new stadium.

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    edited November 2013
    1988 ... Senior year in high school

Wazzu won ...

But my mom and dad were gone, and I had the hot blonde over I had wanted to fuck since my freshman year and finally got down her pants.

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,020 Founders Club
    edited November 2013
    2000. Last one that mattered for us.

Also this: