Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Favorite Apple Cups

2»

Comments

• TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    I think if I had a favorite apple cup, which I don't, it would be 2000...... my last trip to Pullman and Martin Stadium. Most special were the "six more... six more" chants on that last Husky offensive drive calling for Tui to score again. The 51-3 coog stomping was only the second blowout Husky win in that Rose Bowl winning season, the first being the 44-20 trashing of WSU's sodbuster brethren Idaho to start the season. Seemed ironic to sandwich that special season (which was our last with double-digit wins) between the two Palouse Puke losers. Perhaps that was a curse.
  • 90sHuskyFan90sHuskyFan Member Posts: 215
    2013... if it forces a coaching change. Otherwise, 2000.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    dnc said:

Disagree. At the time, I didn't care that we lost and found it pretty funny. Looking back though, I wish we would have won so that the 0-12 excuse never existed.

dnc said:

Disagree. At the time, I didn't care that we lost and found it pretty funny. Looking back though, I wish we would have won so that the 0-12 excuse never existed.

I was being sarcasmic.

I knew Ty had already fired himself so i was definitely rooting for UW in that one. Depressing weather, depressing performance, depressing outcome. Perfect ending to the Moulder of Men's UW career, but you're right, doogs have given the field goal's difference between 1-11 and 0-12 way too much weight.

• My favorite Apple Cups were 2000 because we were finally returning to the Rose Bowl. I froze my ass off at that game but it was worth it to storm knowing we were heading to Pasadena once again. The fact it was a blow out 51-3 in their house made it that much more sweeter.

I loved 2002 because for once the Cougs were the big favorites with everything to lose. UW won in their house still to this day pisses them off.

Even though I knew at the time long term it was bad for us seeing how it was my senior year I was in the Student Section the 2003 game was pretty damn cool.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,314
    edited November 2013
    2003, defended our 27 years of not sucking streak, ended the cougs rosebowl hopes, rushed the field, the last time i really dooged it up. that was the loudest game i've experienced at HS. I remember thinking "this year sure sucked, it can only get better from here" little did i know that was a high water mark for the next 6 years.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    dnc said:

dnc said:

I was being sarcasmic.

I knew Ty had already fired himself so i was definitely rooting for UW in that one. Depressing weather, depressing performance, depressing outcome. Perfect ending to the Moulder of Men's UW career, but you're right, doogs have given the field goal's difference between 1-11 and 0-12 way too much weight.

I wasn't

I had a 4 hour grin watching that game, to where I probably resembled the Joker.
  • The funny thing about 08 is doogs always use the 0-12 excuse then claim that Washington was the better team.
  • The funny thing about 08 is doogs always use the 0-12 excuse then claim that Washington was the better team.

MykFS takes the prize.

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/50240/considering-the-pac-12s-worst-teams

BLYKMYK44
    Also...for the people (Ted Miller is one of them) that seems to think that H2H victories means something when deciding the best team...we should all realize that this means:

Stanford is better than Oregon
    UW is better than Stanford who is better than Oregon
    WSU is better than UW, who is better than Stanford, who is better than Oregon
    CU is better than WSU, who is better than UW, who is better than Stanford, who is better than Oregon

The 2012 CU team is the best team in the conference....

BLYKMYK44
    The 2008 WSU team was the worst team in the BCS Era. There was a period of 7 games where they were outscored 374- 58. There was a two game stretch where they were outscored 127-0. That UW lost to the WSU team only shows how inept Ty Willingham was as a lame duck coach.

Also...no one should sleep on the 2009 WSU team. That team played 12 games and did not play a SINGLE snap (seriously...there were 0 seconds of game time where WSU was ahead) of a game where the were leading the game. That has to be some sort of record...less
    November 28 2012, 10:36 AM

BLYKMYK44
    BTW...I know that the 0-12 record for UW is VERY, VERY, VERY important to WSU and their fans. How do I know this?? It is the only explanation on how WSU lost to CU this year...it is like they realized that if they didn't take the hit for the league then suddenly the 0-12 for UW wouldn't seem as special.

Which is funny because he is the first fucker to ALWAYS bring up how Sark took over 0-12 and how Sark inherited an 0-12 mess. Yet in here he'll argue how WSU had it much much worse. Yet is on the camp that Leach inherited a much better situation than Sark.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    topdawgnc said:

1988 ... Senior year in high school

Wazzu won ...

But my mom and dad were gone, and I had the hot blonde over I had wanted to fuck since my freshman year and finally got down her pants.

Not the case..
  • GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    Kai Ellis picking off the backward pass, and ruining the Cougs. I like it because that is all Cougs ever think about for WASHINGTON - ruining our season. And we got to ruin theirs.

The funny thing about 08 is doogs always use the 0-12 excuse then claim that Washington was the better team.

MykFS takes the prize.

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/50240/considering-the-pac-12s-worst-teams

BLYKMYK44
    Also...for the people (Ted Miller is one of them) that seems to think that H2H victories means something when deciding the best team...we should all realize that this means:

Stanford is better than Oregon
    UW is better than Stanford who is better than Oregon
    WSU is better than UW, who is better than Stanford, who is better than Oregon
    CU is better than WSU, who is better than UW, who is better than Stanford, who is better than Oregon

The 2012 CU team is the best team in the conference....

BLYKMYK44
    The 2008 WSU team was the worst team in the BCS Era. There was a period of 7 games where they were outscored 374- 58. There was a two game stretch where they were outscored 127-0. That UW lost to the WSU team only shows how inept Ty Willingham was as a lame duck coach.

Also...no one should sleep on the 2009 WSU team. That team played 12 games and did not play a SINGLE snap (seriously...there were 0 seconds of game time where WSU was ahead) of a game where the were leading the game. That has to be some sort of record...less
    November 28 2012, 10:36 AM

BLYKMYK44
    BTW...I know that the 0-12 record for UW is VERY, VERY, VERY important to WSU and their fans. How do I know this?? It is the only explanation on how WSU lost to CU this year...it is like they realized that if they didn't take the hit for the league then suddenly the 0-12 for UW wouldn't seem as special.

Which is funny because he is the first fucker to ALWAYS bring up how Sark took over 0-12 and how Sark inherited an 0-12 mess. Yet in here he'll argue how WSU had it much much worse. Yet is on the camp that Leach inherited a much better situation than Sark.
    dgd

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,573 Founders Club
    1981... Beating WSU 23-10, knocking the Cougs out of the Rose Bowl and sending the Huskies to Pasadena all in the same game.