Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Myles Gaskin is covering up Petersen’s warts as a coach

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,536 Swaye's Wigwam
    Minshew is covering up Leach's warts as a coach.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    haie said:

Minshew is covering up Leach's warts as a coach.

Meh.

Leach rinses and repeats better than anyone at QB.

I got flagged before but I’ll say it again: Ahmed is a doog legend. Lots to prove

If you can't turn that speed and agility into a star your offense is dreck beyond repair.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

Probably true.

OTOH Browning is magnifying them.

Will be really chinteresting to see which departure has the bigger impact.

This. Gaskin has absolutely carried this team and has probably been worth at least 2 wins. Additionally, we definitely beat Cal if he plays.

On the other side of the coin, Browning's absolute ineptness at times (bad reads, missed passes, not seeing receivers) has made it so Gaskin has had to carry the team.

I worry next year that we may have a massive upgrade in qb but a massive downgrade at RB and end up with the same result. Instead of stacking the box and daring UW to throw it, they will stack the backfield an dare UW to run it.
    QB is generally far more important so I’m cautiously optimistic.
    2019 who knows but I feel like the improvement in O-line recruiting will start to pay off by 2020 and skill positions will have more opportunities running and throwing.
    You mean like the total whiff’s on Dillard, Watson and Abraham?

Agree it was stupid to let local talent like that slip right thru your own back yard.
    Who?

Your scheme is very good at covering up offensive line deficiencies.

Where is consensus All-American Cody the Continent playing this year?
    Wait, @sarktastic is a cuog?
    Oh I guess not, he is just cougin.

• FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

Probably true.

OTOH Browning is magnifying them.

Will be really chinteresting to see which departure has the bigger impact.

This. Gaskin has absolutely carried this team and has probably been worth at least 2 wins. Additionally, we definitely beat Cal if he plays.

On the other side of the coin, Browning's absolute ineptness at times (bad reads, missed passes, not seeing receivers) has made it so Gaskin has had to carry the team.

I worry next year that we may have a massive upgrade in qb but a massive downgrade at RB and end up with the same result. Instead of stacking the box and daring UW to throw it, they will stack the backfield an dare UW to run it.
    QB is generally far more important so I’m cautiously optimistic.
    2019 who knows but I feel like the improvement in O-line recruiting will start to pay off by 2020 and skill positions will have more opportunities running and throwing.
    You mean like the total whiff’s on Dillard, Watson and Abraham?

Agree it was stupid to let local talent like that slip right thru your own back yard.
    Who?

Your scheme is very good at covering up offensive line deficiencies.

Where is consensus All-American Cody the Continent playing this year?
    All 3 local kids, all 3 all P-12 conference, all 3 nfl talent according to scouts.

Don’t be a jack Ass Tommy. These are exceptionally good athletes. Better athletes AND linemen then we have starting at UW right now. Talent evaluation and Coaching matter. So, Yes. I hope Petersen begins taking a drastically different approach to Oline recruiting and gets things figured out by 2020.

edit to add: in 21 pass attempts our O line surrendered 4 Sacks to Cal. In 51 pass attempts, Minshew was sacked once.
    Which scouts are those? Which year did they make all conference?

How many seconds on average for Minshew to get rid of the ball? Browning? How many snaps did they each have against nickel compared to 7 or 8 man fronts?
    Houhusky said:

haie said:

I got flagged before but I’ll say it again: Ahmed is a doog legend. Lots to prove

If you can't turn that speed and agility into a star your offense is dreck beyond repair.
    That’s retarded, there are always going to be guys like lupus rankin or dewayne Washington that look fucking phenomenal in the underwear olympics but don’t have the other things that make them into an actually good RB let alone football players.

It wouldn’t surprise me if ahmed is more of a rotational RB and slot/gadget Chico player next year rather than bellcow RB1 for the team.

Chris Polk was a giant pussy too before he got injured and became a badass so don’t twist, it’s not impossible to get better. EWIWBI.
    Comparing Rankin to Ahmed. El oh el
    Deserves own poast: Ahmed is a fucking star you faggots. You don't have to be an every down back to be a fucking shredder.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,977
    haie said:

speed and agility w/o vision = wasted talent.

i'm not saying that Ahmed has no vision; don't twist. but he seems to run into the backs of his blockers more often than Gaskin, who basically never does it.
    Houhusky said:

haie said:

Houhusky said:

haie said:

That’s retarded, there are always going to be guys like lupus rankin or dewayne Washington that look fucking phenomenal in the underwear olympics but don’t have the other things that make them into an actually good RB let alone football players.

It wouldn’t surprise me if ahmed is more of a rotational RB and slot/gadget Chico player next year rather than bellcow RB1 for the team.

Chris Polk was a giant pussy too before he got injured and became a badass so don’t twist, it’s not impossible to get better. EWIWBI.
    Yeah maybe it's a tad unfair to Rankin, Rankin at least had a pretty good senior year in 2007, on one of the worst UW teams of all time.

You would fucking cream yourself silly if Ahmed put up 2K yards and multiple single game rushing records in the next two years like Rankin.

Ahmed hasn't done fucking shit, has a few bad deficiencies holding him back, don't be a fucking doog and crown his ass before he has done anything.

Ahmed isnt a fucking star until he is faggot.
    telling water to not be whet.
    Houhusky said:

haie said:

Houhusky said:

haie said:

Yeah maybe it's a tad unfair to Rankin, Rankin at least had a pretty good senior year in 2007, on one of the worst UW teams of all time.

You would fucking cream yourself silly if Ahmed put up 2K yards and multiple single game rushing records in the next two years like Rankin.

Ahmed hasn't done fucking shit, has a few bad deficiencies holding him back, don't be a fucking doog and crown his ass before he has done anything.

This. Someone in this thread didn't see Rankin play.

Rankin was a beast. Combo of size and speed you don't see all the time. He had to break arm tackles on every play of the sort that would bring Ahmed down w/ no extra help.
    Rankin had to create a lot of his own shit given the supporting cast.

Fun Fact: it was in the jeans for Rankin, who is Webster Slaughter's nephew. If you don't know who Webster Slaughter is, then we have no bidness.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    When Gaskin graduates Pete owes him his Stanford pay check at minimum.

Houhusky said:

haie said:

Houhusky said:

haie said:

Rankin was a beast. Combo of size and speed you don't see all the time. He had to break arm tackles on every play of the sort that would bring Ahmed down w/ no extra help.

Fun Fact: it was in the jeans for Rankin, who is Webster Slaughter's nephew. If you don't know who Webster Slaughter is, then we have no bidness.
    I never watched Rankin because I think Ahmed is a lot more talented?

OK!
    haie said:

Houhusky said:

haie said:

Houhusky said:

haie said:

OK!
    Yes. laffing at a talent comparison between those two would indicate to me that you underestimate Rankin's ability.

Ok?!?!

haie said:

Houhusky said:

haie said:

Houhusky said:

haie said:

OK!
    Yes. laffing at a talent comparison between those two would indicate to me that you underestimate Rankin's ability.

Ok?!?!
    Dankin Rankin could shit stomp Cal and had his moments. He ain't no throat slitter tho.

Also I was El oh el'ing at the comment, not laffing at it. Sounds like you need to learn the difference.

haie said:

haie said:

Houhusky said:

haie said:

Houhusky said:

haie said:

OK!

Ok?!?!
    Dankin Rankin could shit stomp Cal and had his moments. He ain't no throat slitter tho.

Also I was El oh el'ing at the comment, not laffing at it. Sounds like you need to learn the difference.

Yes, I think so.
  • longduckdonglongduckdong Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,023 Swaye's Wigwam