Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

NFL Power Rankings?

Comments

• Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    edited December 2013
    I don't believe in the Seahawks for the same reason I don't see the Huskies as contenders in the next couple of years.....no offensive line. The Hawks red zone efficiency is not very good for this reason.

Granted the Hawk line is not as awful as the Dawg O line, but they're not very good. Wilson is sacked often and hard now. It's no longer a secret. Stop the Hawks by keeping Wilson inside the tackel box (containment) and let your D line bust through the weak blocking before Wilson has time to break outside with read option plays. With the stellar defense, it's too bad they don't have an above average offense. At this stage, they are average at best.

If somehow the Hawks get through the playoffs, they can win the Super Bowl. I don't think they'll get there.

Big games are not won by kicking field goals. Sound familiar?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2013
    I hope the Seahawks win it, but I don't think they can string together three good games on offense in a row. The OL is too shoddy. The defense can only get you so far.
    Yep. I don't think they can score three offensive TDs against a good defense.

Take away the defensive TD and the gimmy from penalties at the one last night, and they scored 13 points. No O line....no rings.

I hope the Seahawks win it, but I don't think they can string together three good games on offense in a row. The OL is too shoddy. The defense can only get you so far.

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Seahawks defense is playing completely lights out right now. Offense is worrisome but you can look at EVERY team in the playoffs and find something to worry about. Luckily Seattle will get to play at home.

I am not as confident as I was say mid season especially with the injuries to our WR corps but I am still confident they can win it.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I am predicting a loss to the Panthers in the NFC championship. It will play out like the Arizona game. The OL won't be able to stop the Panther DE's, and the Panthers will score just enough for a win.
    That's my call. I'll be shocked if the Hawks beat the Panthers: Too much offense and a very good defense. Terrible match up for Seattle.

I am predicting a loss to the Panthers in the NFC championship. It will play out like the Arizona game. The OL won't be able to stop the Panther DE's, and the Panthers will score just enough for a win.

Panthers are scary but the offense? Look at what their offense does against good teams on the road.

@SF - 10
    @NO - 13
    @ARI - 6

I could see them coming in and beating us no doubt but I don't think they will beat us with offense.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,261
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If I'm a Seahawks fan, there is no team that scares me coming into Century Link. Doesn't mean they won't find a way to lose, but the only team with as much talent is San Francisco and Century Link is in their heads -- besides, I think Green Bay beats them next weekend.

Green Bay might just be the team this year, actually, with Rodgers finally healthy.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

That's my call. I'll be shocked if the Hawks beat the Panthers: Too much offense and a very good defense. Terrible match up for Seattle.

I love when you read a poast so FS you hope it's a whoosh but you know it's not. Carolina has too much offense?

Unreal.
    Panthers are 29th in the league in passing offense and 11th in rushing compared to the Seahawks 26th and 4th. Seattle has also had to play the 1st/4th/9th rush defenses twice and the 2nd place one as well.
    Too much offense is correct. 17 - 21 points should do it.

Unreal, that you have to unreal the post. Grow up.
    dnc said:

I love when you read a poast so FS you hope it's a whoosh but you know it's not. Carolina has too much offense?

Unreal.

dnc said:

Unreal.
    That wouldn't be beating us with offense that would be beating us with defense in which yes you are correct.

HTH
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    The greatest trick the NFL ever pulled was convincing you fuckwits that your analysis mattered.

I could draw teams out of a hat and be more successful at picking the Super Bowl.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam

The greatest trick the NFL ever pulled was convincing you fuckwits that your analysis mattered.

I could draw teams out of a hat and be more successful at picking the Super Bowl.

hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/7321/tuesday-afternoon-qb-playoff-preview
    edited December 2013

dnc said:

Unreal.
    If they win it's because their defense generated serious points. Seattle's defense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Carolina offense. Carolina's offense isn't even good, just mediocre.

The only teams in the league who may have too much offense for Seattle's defense are Denver an Chipodelphia, and I'm not even sure about them.

hth

Percy Harvin might be playing. A lot of Qs though. How healthy is he, will he even make much of an impact etc.

Percy Harvin might be playing. A lot of Qs though. How healthy is he, will he even make much of an impact etc.

Nick Saban might be the next coach at UW.

dnc said:

If he plays it will be interesting. If not then it will be interesting as well.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

dnc said:

Unreal.
    one team has put up 20 points in seattle, TB in a complete fluke. Carolina has a great defense but their offense is mediocre. Their run game is overrated and their receivers suck especially with a dinged up steve smith.
    If the panthers win in seattle it'll be 13-10 or 10-9 or something like that. That is unless they force some turnovers which the hawks specifically avoid doing
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,261
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

If he plays it will be interesting. If not then it will be interesting as well.
    So you're saying either way it will be interesting.