Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NFL Power Rankings?

Comments

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,311
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Seahawks won't lose at home in the playoffs. Cook it.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

well one team got brutally exposed today.
    1. Seattle (not overreacting)
    2. Denver
    3. NO
    4. SF
    5. NE
    Car joins the pile of dreck

NE might be too high without Gronk. The only worse thing that could have happened to them was losing Brady. OTOH, absolutely great day for Denver. There may not be a team in the AFC that can beat them at Mile High in the playoffs even with cold weather Peyton.

Carolina wins the rematch with NO.

Can't really complain about any of this though. I agree Seattle should stay at number one. This game played out pretty much exactly how I expected.
  • Options

I really think Hawks-Saints rematch is going to be a close game. Payton>>>Carroll. Hawks arent going to stay undefeated at Century Link forever (i dont call it the Clink, because I'm not a faggot (75k)). I'd really would expect a Hawks win, but its not going to be anything like the Monday Night game.

It won't be a blowout again but I don't see a dome team winning outdoors in that stadium in the playoffs.

For as good as Payton is he does have two bad road playoff losses to teams everyone was picking the Saints to win(Seahawks in 2010 and 49ers in 2011).

Their defense is still pretenders and a one dimensional offense against the Seahawks defense can be shut down easily.

No Wright until the Super Bowl is huge since he was key in shutting down Graham.

I still think the Seahawks win that rematch rather easily say 34-10?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

dhdawg said:

2. Denver
    3. NO
    4. SF
    5. NE

NE might be too high without Gronk. The only worse thing that could have happened to them was losing Brady. OTOH, absolutely great day for Denver. There may not be a team in the AFC that can beat them at Mile High in the playoffs even with cold weather Peyton.

Can't really complain about any of this though. I agree Seattle should stay at number one. This game played out pretty much exactly how I expected.
    You realize Baltimore won today, don't you?
  • Options

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

2. Denver
    3. NO
    4. SF
    5. NE

You realize Baltimore won today, don't you?
    Zing?

Was it Flacco's 4.9 yards per pass or his three picks against the Minnesota dreckfest that convinced you they could do it again? Ray Rice looks like Sidney Rice. They've won one game on the road all year.

Baltimore is nowhere near as good as last year.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,203
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SI now has Blazers #1 in power rankings
  • Options

SI now has Blazers #1 in power rankings

Great comment in the wrong thread as always.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I have no clue who's going to win the afc dreckfest at this point.
    1. SEA
    2. NO
    3. SF
    4. NE
    5. DEN
    6. CAR
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

I have no clue who's going to win the afc dreckfest at this point.
    1. SEA
    2. NO
    3. SF
    4. NE
    5. DEN
    6. CAR

Tough to bet against Belicheck and Brady even without Gronk at this poont.

Would love to see Cincy pull it off somehow, Seattle would destroy Dalton.

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Roy Hibbert is the best C on the court, case closed, end of discussion.

• Options
    If the Seahawks can't beat one of these dreckfest AFC teams in the Super Bowl then FMFYFE.
  • Options

If the Seahawks can't beat one of these dreckfest AFC teams in the Super Bowl then FMFYFE.

The path is certainly there, they just can't screw it up. The only team I fear really is the niners
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

The path is certainly there, they just can't screw it up. The only team I fear really is the niners
    I don't fear the 49ers at all because I know the game will be at home. The 49ers have proven they can't play in Seattle the last two trips were plunger rapings.

Seattle matches up really well with them too.
  • Options
    updated power rankings
    1. SEA (clearly the best team) Flaw: has trouble at times winning up front, especially on offense
    2. SF (probably the hottest team, if the seahawks were to get upset they would probably win it all) Flaw: Kaepernick sucks against good defenses
    3. Car (should beat NO sunday, would get the 2 seed) Flaw: Running game is questionable, experience
    4. NO (they are horrible away from NO) Flaw: Shitty road team
    5. NE (still trust brady over Peyton) Flaw: Injuries everywhere
    6. DEN (Peyton + January, u do the rest) flaw: defense sucks
    7. KC (I don't even know what to think about them now one week offense sucks, then suddenly the defense goes to shit) flaw: Alex Smith in the playoffs
    8. DET (if they fire Schwartz before the playoffs they are a legit SB contender) Flaw: Jim Schwartz
    9. CIN (this team is loaded, too bad marvin lewis fucking sucks) flaw: Andy Dalton and Marvin Lewis
    10. GB (watch out if they get in and rodgers is healthy) flaw: Defense is trash
    the NFL is just a pile of crap this year, every single top team has a pretty clear flaw
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dhdawg said:

updated power rankings
    1. SEA (clearly the best team) Flaw: has trouble at times winning up front, especially on offense
    2. SF (probably the hottest team, if the seahawks were to get upset they would probably win it all) Flaw: Kaepernick sucks against good defenses
    3. Car (should beat NO sunday, would get the 2 seed) Flaw: Running game is questionable, experience
    7. KC (I don't even know what to think about them now one week offense sucks, then suddenly the defense goes to shit) flaw: Alex Smith in the playoffs
    8. DET (if they fire Schwartz before the playoffs they are a legit SB contender) Flaw: Jim Schwartz
    9. CIN (this team is loaded, too bad marvin lewis fucking sucks) flaw: Andy Dalton and Marvin Lewis
    the NFL is just a pile of crap this year, every single top team has a pretty clear flaw

Needs the Cal Bears at #5, good list otherwise.
  • Options
    SandyHookerSandyHooker Member Posts: 343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Testing 1

dhdawg said:

updated power rankings

Needs the Cal Bears at #5, good list otherwise.
    Cal doesn't count
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    1. Seahawks

2. 49ers

The rest is a dreckfest so it doesn't really matter.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    #1 Fans

#2 Seahawks

#33 All other sports
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    edited December 2013
    Everyone thinks the 9ers are hot all of a sudden, but their 4 game win streak is: WAS, STL, SEA, and TB. A beat up Seattle at home is the only quality win, and it was a really tight game until the end.

Also Kaepernick is the definition of mediocre.

The only reason they might be a challenger is having Crabtree back to mask Kaepernick's deficiencies, but I still see them losing on the road in the first round.