Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NFL Power Rankings?

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2013
    I can understand the 2nd post may be funny to u but the Bengals have beaten Rodgers, and Brady at home, they also haven't lost once. They are a great home team, Bal isn't beating them in Cincy. I don't really like them against Brady this week either.

Outside of those team who can u see winning the SB? Peyton Manning? Please.
    Lets just go through the AFC.
    DEN, I think they can make it but if they do they aren't winning
    Ind, please
    CIN, don't trust the QB, don't trust the coach. Shitty road team (3-5)
    KC, no thanks, Alex Smith proved against the giants two years back he's not a SB QB, completed 1 pass to a WR.
    I think Brady can win it. And Bal and Mia have the pieces. I think any team besides NE coming out of the AFC would surprise me.

In the NFC
    NO, Unless seattle gets upset in the divisional round there is maybe 0 chance the saints win in seattle, I don't even see them winning the division.
    Carolina, like them, don't fully trust them
    SF if they don't run into seattle in seattle they are the favorites in the NFC.
    GB, if Rodgers is healthy (big if) with the combination of him and lacy I believe they can outscore any team (will have to overcome bad defense however)
    and whoever comes out of the NFC east is a dreckfest
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    NFC
    WC
    SF over CHI
    CAR over PHI
    DIV
    SEA over SF
    NO over CAR
    NFCCG
    SEA over NO
    AFC
    WC
    BAL/MIA (whoever gets in) over CIN (I know I said BAL isn't winning in CIN week 17 but playoffs are different)
    KC over IND
    NE over KC (Belichick makes Smith look stupid)
    BAL/MIA over DEN
    NE over BAL/MIA
    SB
    NE/SEA
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    if the playoffs started today this is how i would pick it.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    SF isn't losing either of their final games. If you have NO in the 2 seed then that means you have them beating Carolina which would then make the Panthers a 5 loss team and the 6th seed. We would play them in them in the divisional round then if both them and the 49ers win.
  • Options
    I think the 49ers are dangerous only if Seattle were to be upset. I don't see the 49ers beating Seattle in Seattle though.

The only NFC team that can walk into Seattle and win IMO is the Green Bay Packers. I can't believe the Bears/Lions are letting the Packers stay alive. With Rodgers that is a scary team and he's probably the only QB who wouldn't get rattled by the 12th man unlike Kaepernick, Newton, Foles, Romo, Stafford or Cutler.

I would say Brees wouldn't get rattled either but he looked awful Monday Night. I know for a fact his team would be rattled as they are the definition of pretenders.

As for the AFC? Holy fuck what a dreckfest! I don't see Denver as Peyton Manning can't play in the cold so them having homefield actually hurts them. Can the Pats really pull it off? They've had so many injuries I just don't see it.

I'm discounting Cincy since a terrible QB+ terrible head coach is always a recipe for a plunger raping in the playoffs.

KC feels like a pretender, I can't see Alex Smith winning a title plus their great defense has been rough last few weeks.

The Colts are the type of team who could go on a run. They are that inconsistent team who has proven to beat good teams, teams like the Colts have been winning the SB in recent years.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,506
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options

I think the 49ers are dangerous only if Seattle were to be upset. I don't see the 49ers beating Seattle in Seattle though.

The only NFC team that can walk into Seattle and win IMO is the Green Bay Packers. I can't believe the Bears/Lions are letting the Packers stay alive. With Rodgers that is a scary team and he's probably the only QB who wouldn't get rattled by the 12th man unlike Kaepernick, Newton, Foles, Romo, Stafford or Cutler.

I would say Brees wouldn't get rattled either but he looked awful Monday Night. I know for a fact his team would be rattled as they are the definition of pretenders.

As for the AFC? Holy fuck what a dreckfest! I don't see Denver as Peyton Manning can't play in the cold so them having homefield actually hurts them. Can the Pats really pull it off? They've had so many injuries I just don't see it.

I'm discounting Cincy since a terrible QB+ terrible head coach is always a recipe for a plunger raping in the playoffs.

KC feels like a pretender, I can't see Alex Smith winning a title plus their great defense has been rough last few weeks.

The Colts are the type of team who could go on a run. They are that inconsistent team who has proven to beat good teams, teams like the Colts have been winning the SB in recent years.

the colts beat those teams pre wayne's injury. They've been awful since.
    DEN can win the AFC but they will not win the SB. NE, and BAL/MIA are the only teams in the AFC I could see winning the SB
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

DEN can win the AFC but they will not win the SB. NE, and BAL/MIA are the only teams in the AFC I could see winning the SB
    Look I don't like the Colts at all and most likely they get blown out in the first round.

However, teams like the Colts are the teams who have been winning the SB lately.
  • Options

dhdawg said:

Look I don't like the Colts at all and most likely they get blown out in the first round.

However, teams like the Colts are the teams who have been winning the SB lately.
    fair point. I think the chiefs go in and blow them out personally.
  • Options
    Updated power rankings, #1 vacant fucking dreckfest: everyone
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,337
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I did point out that the NFL with its vaunted fucking real playoff is a league where some 9-7 team gets hot and wins it sometime in March when they play the Super Bowl

I'll take old school Jan 1 bowls over any of this shit
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

I did point out that the NFL with its vaunted fucking real playoff is a league where some 9-7 team gets hot and wins it sometime in March when they play the Super Bowl

This guy knows his stuff.
  • Options

Get off my porch he says!
  • Options
    btw wherever I ranked the chiefs, it was too high
  • Options

dhdawg said:

I'm beginning to come around on this. I'm close to picking them to come out of the AFC. I'll still say NE beats them in the AFCCG.
    Right now I say CIN barely beats SD IND over KC NO over PHI (in an absolute shootout) SF GB is the one that intrigues me, those are the 2 team I could see getting on a run, right now I'll pick SF
    SEA beats NO
    SF beats CAR
    Luck beats Peyton
    NE beats CIN
    NE beats IND
    SEA beats SF
    Any matchup including SEA/SF and NE/IND seems most likely to me
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
  • Options
    The only decent team the Eagles have beaten is the Cardinals. What Chip did this year with them was impressive. I can see them beating the Saints in a shoot out, but they aren't a SB team yet.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,324
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Eagles defense is just OK. Offense goobered it up quite a bit in a meaningful game against a really shitty Cowboys defense.

Ortman (Ortman?) nearly led Dallas to a win against Philly. That is as ridiculous as it sounds.

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,324
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's so old school, I hardly remember it anymore.
  • Options
    If I had to rank NFC/AFC playoff teams

NFC

1. SEA
    2. SF
    3. CAR
    4. GB
    5. NO
    6. PHI

AFC

1. NE
    T2. DEN
    T2. CIN
    4. IND
    5. KC
    6. SD

I could see GB beating SF as well as PHI beating NO with home field. AFC is hard for me but Denver's defense is going to be their fallout and Andy Dalton could very well be CINs. However, if both step up those teams will be really scary. Tom Brady is always scary in the playoffs. Someone made a good point about IND being the type of team who is winning SB's lately but I don't see it happening.