Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

NY Times - anti-Semitism in NY doesn't "conform to and easy narrative."

SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942
edited November 2018 in Tug Tavern
And by "easy narrative" they mean most of the anti-Semitism is being carried out by people on their team.

https://nytimes.com/2018/10/31/nyregion/jewish-bias-safety-nyc.html

The dirty little secret is that most acts of anti-Semitism in this country aren't carried out by right-wingers.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,442 Founders Club
    There are 600,000 Jewish voters in Florida, a reliable dem constituency until they ran an anti Semite.

Despite the accusations of anti-Semitism, Gillum has ignored the growing calls to disavow the group even as the largest Jewish weekly publication in the country, the Jewish Press, urged Florida’s Jewish residents to vote for DeSantis, potentially swaying the election to the Republican.

Seems like an easy narrative to me
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

And by "easy narrative" they mean most of the anti-Semitism is being carried out by people on their team.

https://nytimes.com/2018/10/31/nyregion/jewish-bias-safety-nyc.html

The dirty little secret is that most acts of anti-Semitism in this country aren't carried out by right-wingers.

Link?
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942
    To many Jews in this country have adopted the religion of liberalism and discarded Judaism.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Liberalism is now a religion.

Ok!

Liberalism is now a religion.

Ok!

That's news to you?
  • HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937
    SFGbob said:

To many Jews in this country have adopted the religion of liberalism and discarded Judaism.

This is a virulently anti-semitic post but you probably don’t realize it
    Criticizing Zionism, especially the current far right-wing zionists running Israel, is not anti-semitism

SFGbob said:

It's actual not but you're not very bright. If I said many American Catholics have abandoned Catholicism and adopted liberalism as their new religion would I be anti-Catholic or anti-Christian?

https://nationalreview.com/2010/03/leftism-religion-dennis-prager/

Criticizing Zionism, especially the current far right-wing zionists running Israel, is not anti-semitism

And that's not what NYC is tallying when they are counting hate crimes committed against Jews. But there are plenty of anti-Semites who hide behind the claim that they are just being critical of Zionism.
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

It's actual not but you're not very bright. If I said many American Catholics have abandoned Catholicism and adopted liberalism as their new religion would I be anti-Catholic or anti-Christian?

https://nationalreview.com/2010/03/leftism-religion-dennis-prager/
    You said that diaspora Jews that are politically liberal, which is the vast majority in this country, are not fully jewish. Pure anti-semitic bile.
    edited November 2018
    Hey dude, unlike you there is no dick in my mouth. What I said is perfectly clear. I didn't say anything about anyone not being "fully Jewish." Are Orthodox Jews like Prager Ben Shapiro who make the exact same statement I made anti-Semites?
    You can be "fully Jewish" and not be religious at all. You don't stop being Jewish just because you're an atheist.
    SFGbob said:

Hey dude, unlike you there is no dick in my mouth. What I said is perfectly clear. I didn't say anything about anyone not being "fully Jewish." Are Orthodox Jews like Prager Ben Shapiro who make the exact same statement I made anti-Semites?

What else is anyone supposed to read from “Jews have adopted liberalism and discared Judaism”. Who are you to define authentic Judaism?

Everyone who trumpets that Soros is a puppetmaster of the global left intent on destroying the nation-state is an anti-semite Prager and Shapiro included.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,442 Founders Club
    Pretty sure supporting the group that wants to run the Jews into the sea is not pro Jewish

You know who else talked about Zionists?

Godwin
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

What else is anyone supposed to read from “Jews have adopted liberalism and discared Judaism”. Who are you to define authentic Judaism?

Everyone who trumpets that Soros is a puppetmaster of the global left intent on destroying the nation-state is an anti-semite Prager and Shapiro included.
    Does "Secular Jew" conform better to your standards?
    Judaism is the religion you can be a Jew and not practice Judaism. Have Prager and Shapiro said that? I'm the same person who claims that Nancy Pelosi and Dick Durbin aren't real Catholics. Now does that make me a anti-Catholic?

SFGbob said:

Does "Secular Jew" conform better to your standards?
    I don’t set standards for being appropriately jewish unlike others in this thread
    SFGbob said:

Judaism is the religion you can be a Jew and not practice Judaism. Have Prager and Shapiro said that? I'm the same person who claims that Nancy Pelosi and Dick Durbin aren't real Catholics. Now does that make me a anti-Catholic?

Buddy, you don’t get to decide who is and isn’t a “real” catholic.